The more I don't feel like upgrading. We have two KEYones in our household. Make no mistake, they are much faster than my Priv, especially running the camera or any maps app. And they kill my Priv in battery life. But I absolutely love the Priv screen and the option for either pkb or vkb. I am still getting security updates and in everyday use the phone runs reasonably well. My Hub runs 7 e-mail accounts, Twitter, FB Messenger, LinkedIn, BBM, Skype, texts, and Instagram. I get about 2.5 hours of SOT which isn't great but a recharge part way through the day helps.

The only thing that would tempt me would be an upgraded Priv or an upgraded Motion. I like the full screen real estate and love the resolution and colour. Maybe there will be another non BlackBerry phone down the road, but I do like the BlackBerry Android security.

I do have a love/hate relationship with this phone, but then again I mostly liked my Storm 2 so maybe my judgement is flawed!
    11-19-17 11:35 AM
    ^Not flawed, slightly skewed, but you've said well. The Priv is a pleasing device.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    11-19-17 12:02 PM
    haha. Slightly skewed perhaps.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-19-17 08:20 PM
    I have both and it's hard to go back to the small screen on the keyone. If feels like a toy.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-19-17 08:33 PM
    The more I don't feel like upgrading. We have two KEYones in our household. Make no mistake, they are much faster than my Priv, especially running the camera or any maps app. And they kill my Priv in battery life. But I absolutely love the Priv screen and the option for either pkb or vkb. I am still getting security updates and in everyday use the phone runs reasonably well. My Hub runs 7 e-mail accounts, Twitter, FB Messenger, LinkedIn, BBM, Skype, texts, and Instagram. I get about 2.5 hours of SOT which isn't great but a recharge part way through the day helps.

The only thing that would tempt me would be an upgraded Priv or an upgraded Motion. I like the full screen real estate and love the resolution and colour. Maybe there will be another non BlackBerry phone down the road, but I do like the BlackBerry Android security.

I do have a love/hate relationship with this phone, but then again I mostly liked my Storm 2 so maybe my judgement is flawed!
    I know how you feel about the Priv as well. I still hold the Storm 2 in high regard. The Surepress glass was one of a kind. BlackBerry's follow up, Torch 9850 never felt quite the same.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-19-17 09:00 PM
    I have both and it's hard to go back to the small screen on the keyone. If feels like a toy.
    It seems to me that the KEYone is a very narrow device. Between the size and the early screen fallout issues, I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on one. Did buy a Motion though, for the same reason why you like the Priv...bigger screen.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-19-17 09:29 PM
    I'm going to disagree with the op. I have both as well and find the k1 albeit smaller is much more comfortable to use with one or both hands. the sharp corners on the priv with long use cuts into the palms.

the screen although large is not well mated for the battery provided thus functionality is compromised. yes you have a wonderful screen but you can't use it as long.

give the k1 a chance. use it for a few weeks straight and I believe your view will change.
    11-19-17 10:10 PM
    ...the sharp corners on the priv with long use cuts into the palms...
    Exactly the opposite reason why I didn't purchase the Passport SE. I like square cuts - thus grabbed the Passport Black and White.

1) Sharp? No phone in the world has a sharp edges, it is not possible to build one. This is a totally ill-construed gabble created by the reviewers. Yes, the rounding-off is not so pronounced in many - and that, in fact, is liked by quite a few folks like me. I look for phones which do not have overtly rounded edges.

2) Cuts into the palms? How long does one use his/her phone at a stretch?
    11-20-17 12:12 AM
    Priv has some issues for some, for me it is a reliable device and more important, signal strength.
    the K1 is a joke in this aspect.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-20-17 01:40 AM

give the k1 a chance. use it for a few weeks straight and I believe your view will change.
    Although it isn't my daily driver, it is for my wife and my daughter so I get to use it often enough. Make no mistake, the K1 is an awesome phone, but for me it isn't compelling enough to switch.
    11-20-17 04:21 PM
    It seems to me that the KEYone is a very narrow device. Between the size and the early screen fallout issues, I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on one. Did buy a Motion though, for the same reason why you like the Priv...bigger screen.
    How does the screen compare to the Priv. I think the Priv is higher resolution and OLED.
    11-20-17 04:23 PM
    I know how you feel about the Priv as well. I still hold the Storm 2 in high regard. The Surepress glass was one of a kind. BlackBerry's follow up, Torch 9850 never felt quite the same.
    I could type so fast on that Surepress glass. The predictive typing was awesome.
    vincentkong likes this.
    11-20-17 04:24 PM
    How does the screen compare to the Priv. I think the Priv is higher resolution and OLED.
    It's supposed to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday...it's still in transit. I will post when I get it.
    11-20-17 04:32 PM
    I have used a keyone Black edition for almost 3 weeks now. As a former PRIV user, It was an adequate experience. There were a couple of things on my PRIV that I had to move on from. The slider became an inconvenience to me. I also had a pesky screen rotation problem that I had to deal with for months. The lag got really serious at times too (even after cleaning cache from all the apps)

I figured there was more to win than to lose by switching to the Keyone BE. I gave up a better screen that was bigger and had a higher resolution but that's about it.

In return, I gained a better keyboard, more memory, better battery life, and better reception believe it or not. All in all, I think I made a better choice. I could go on but the point is that the keyone fits my needs better than the PRIV did.

Reminds me of when I switched from the Torch 9800 to the Bold 9900.
    gebco likes this.
    11-20-17 09:22 PM

I have both and use both. I love the PRIV and the large screen. Now I am using my KEYone more and more, and it is especially good for Waze or Google maps (the PRIV would get warm and also lag with those apps). I almost exclusively use the PKB so I am very comfortable using the KEYone or the PRIV. When I use the PKB with my PRIV and find it comfortable as well except for the corners on the bottom. They don't even bother me much anymore because I found a way to hold my PRIV that is comfortable. My dream phone would be an upgraded combination of these two phones. It would be a slider with rounded corners on the bottom, powerful battery, even better camera, and flagship specs. "Someday..."
    11-21-17 03:21 AM
    Priv is ok phone. I switched to KEYone because I wanted better battery and better camera
    11-21-17 05:06 AM
    I had the Priv and liked it but got bored like I do with phones then went to the Note 5 was cool then bored and got the LGV20 still have it its a back up nice phone but the updates were none! Had liked the Keyone but wanted more horsepower under the hood and then the Black version was out and found it on ebay brand fricking new and after fondling the silver version in the Sprint store I knew it had to get it and them pulled the trigger!
    I spent the $598.00 and got it almost 3 weeks ago and the phone is so cool and loving the PKB and dont miss the big screen and the camera is great to me. Battery life I cant kill it Im not a phone hog by no means but I travel and in crapy areas im on T-Mobile by the way the Best Damn Phone Service known to man, just digressing but I get great signals almost everywhere except with in a valley or in total BFE!

I wish the phone was a tad wider than it is but I solved that with a clear case a flexible one and feels just fine because without the case the phone is sooooooooooooo slippery, why do they make them so slippery, I wonder?? So you drop them and break them?? I guess so so then you have to buy another one but everyone has to make some money, right? Yes that is Capitalism No money no jobs no jobs no phones and no Beer!

So overall the Black KeyOne with the extra horsepower under the hood is a super duper phone and should keep me from being bored for a while, I hope, lol.
    11-21-17 07:03 AM
    I had the Priv and liked it but got bored like I do with phones then went to the Note 5 was cool then bored and got the LGV20 still have it its a back up nice phone but the updates were none! Had liked the Keyone but wanted more horsepower under the hood and then the Black version was out and found it on ebay brand fricking new and after fondling the silver version in the Sprint store I knew it had to get it and them pulled the trigger!
    I spent the $598.00 and got it almost 3 weeks ago and the phone is so cool and loving the PKB and dont miss the big screen and the camera is great to me. Battery life I cant kill it Im not a phone hog by no means but I travel and in crapy areas im on T-Mobile by the way the Best Damn Phone Service known to man, just digressing but I get great signals almost everywhere except with in a valley or in total BFE!

I wish the phone was a tad wider than it is but I solved that with a clear case a flexible one and feels just fine because without the case the phone is sooooooooooooo slippery, why do they make them so slippery, I wonder?? So you drop them and break them?? I guess so so then you have to buy another one but everyone has to make some money, right? Yes that is Capitalism No money no jobs no jobs no phones and no Beer!

So overall the Black KeyOne with the extra horsepower under the hood is a super duper phone and should keep me from being bored for a while, I hope, lol.
    Thanks for typing exactly how I feel about the K1.

It's perfect IMO. The size is just perfect. If I want to consume video for more than 5 Min's, then I'll grab my 12.9" iPad pro. Don't really get people who use their phones to watch entire movies. Too small no mater who big they make them to really enjoy the experience.

Oh another benefit of the k1 size is that it's pocketable again! Doesn't bulge out and mess up the suit pocket.

The keyboard is fantastic. Better than the priv. The buttons on the PRIV were IMO too small and are much harder to push giving you less feedback.
    11-21-17 09:48 AM
    to be honest the last couple of Google maps update went easy on the priv. the phone get the app up and running in ... 3s? anw it's way better than before.

maps beta btw
    11-24-17 12:53 AM
    It's supposed to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday...it's still in transit. I will post when I get it.
    The Motion screen is fine...I don't have any problems with it, but the blacks are not as dark as they are on the Priv. It's no big loss for me personally. The battery life is head and shoulders above the Priv. Noticeable response improvement over the Priv. The Motion with a case in the hand is comparable in size to the Priv, but feels like half the weight...it's a very light phone. Sound is fine for what I use it for. Camera on the Priv is better in my opinion. The one thing I fi d very handy, no pun intended, is the fingerprint sensor...it's very convenient to not always have to type in a code every time to unlock your phone. Hoping it lasts... at least a year and a half.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 11-24-17 at 06:08 AM.
    gebco likes this.
    11-24-17 01:29 AM
    I have a Silver Passport that soldiers on a Priv and a KeyOne with I Phone 8 Plus. The Passport is my favorite phone for reading. The Priv has the best screen color. The Priv is slow for updates compared to the KeyOne. But the screen on the Priv is much better. That said the Keyone has a great Keyboard. The Apple is very good at what it does, fast and smooth. I do feel dirty (lol) when I use it, but you do have to give the devil his do. When the Passport gets to point where what I need stops working than the Priv will be full time and so on.
    01-24-18 02:50 PM
    The more I use Priv the more I am amazed how Passport runs smooth and fast.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-25-18 02:04 AM
    loving how the Priv ages...

people say, k1 is far better, but really, been using k1 and the Priv as dailies, and battery is the only thing the k1 does better.

the only thing I would like to improve on my Priv is key travel.
    Qorax and bqik like this.
    01-25-18 04:32 AM
    The only two phones I'd like to be seen with are the Passport and/or the Priv. Both amazing devices, both so uber cool.
    01-25-18 06:32 AM

Yup that is exactly how I feel.

If I were to drop close to $600 canadian on a keyone, I do not want any downgrades.

1) Reception
    = Priv has an awesome reception like the past BlackBerry devices. I would have to downgrade in reception from priv if I were to downgrade

2) Keyboard
    = I absolutely love being able to type from both the vkb as well as pkb. Vkb is easier for one hand typing, while the pkb is better for two handed typing. I dont think I will be able to give up either.

3) Screen
    = No brainer here. Not only is the Priv's screen bigger, but it is a more advanced technology with LED instead of LCD panel in the keyone. The color definitely pops out more with the Priv screen. The curved edge from Samsung phones on the Priv helps too!

4) Swipe Gestures
    = For some odd reason, the Keyone does not have swipe gestures. I make full use of the priv swipe gesture to access the hub. It would be a shame not to be able have that on the Keyone.

These are the basic reasons I can think of for sticking with a Priv for now.

I have the cash ready to pull the trigger on a new BlackBerry keyboard phone, but I cant really justify a Keyone, at least not at this price. Maybe when the price falls below $400 on a Keyone, it can make sense
    vincentkong likes this.
    01-27-18 05:20 PM