Wondering if the recently inked deal between BBRY and Teletry/Marconi Group for patent licensing management to 3rd parties might include anything related to BBOS/BB10 in the 40,000 patents now under their management?
    11-20-17 10:17 AM
    That's a broad question considering some of the patents exist in the smartphone space in their entirety and are not broken down by BBOS/BB10. If what you're really getting at is 'will we see BBOS/BB10 on something new'....doubt it.
    11-20-17 10:48 AM
    I would agree with you there, as far as a whole OS. As often cited in the forums, it’s doubtful anyone would want to pay for the failure of the entire package.

But with a mandate to monetize those patents, and now that they are slightly removed from the Blackberry brand with a middleman so to speak, I was thinking that some components of the OS could be show up as well as some of the tech that many BB users were fond of.
    11-20-17 02:57 PM
    I was thinking that some components of the OS could be show up as well as some of the tech that many BB users were fond of.
    It already has. BlackBerry has patents in everything from cars to cameras to gambling machines. It's why BLU settled with them recently and they made deals with Timex, Cisco, IGT, Canon and more! Despite your reply, you still seem to be thinking that you're going to notice something from BB10 in a different product, that's not going to happen.

Best case, you read something that says 'Licensed from BlackBerry Limited' and a list of U.S patent numbers. eg: U.S. Patent 6,704,870. It's not like you're going to be using some, I dunno, graphing calculator and say 'Gee. This looks like the BB10 calculator, they must be using a BlackBerry patent' lol.
    11-21-17 11:08 PM