Knowing that the K1 suffered from antenna location impacting reception, has it been moved or improved in the Motion?
    11-18-17 07:23 PM
    Knowing that the K1 suffered from antenna location impacting reception, has it been moved or improved in the Motion?
    This is variable and not the case for all models. I have a K1 that does just fine.
    11-18-17 08:20 PM
    This is variable and not the case for all models. I have a K1 that does just fine.
    OK thanks, are you in the US on ATT?
    11-18-17 09:26 PM
    OK thanks, are you in the US on ATT?
    No. Unlocked CDMA on Verizon.
    11-18-17 09:28 PM
    Which models suffer the antenna/bad reception issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 12:08 AM
    Did you find out if the location/type of antenna of the Motion has moved/changed?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 01:35 AM
    Which models suffer the antenna/bad reception issue?

Posted via CB10
    I just meant it isn't the case for all K1s. I have the unlocked CDMA.
    11-20-17 05:59 AM
    Did you find out if the location/type of antenna of the Motion has moved/changed?

Posted via CB10
    No, no one has answered it.
    11-20-17 07:19 AM
    No, no one has answered it.
    Whether there has ever been actual issue, user error, hardware being used on less compatible network than intended/designed for or multitude of suppositions are still being debated. Gotten to point of debating religion or some other passionate topic with reality being the questions/answers really are more subjective than objective.
    11-20-17 07:44 AM
    The KeyONE, held a specific way, can result in a resonance change in the antenna system in the phone which impairs reception -- especially in the PCS bands (4 and 2, to be specific.) A case mitigates it, if it happens to you. I was able to reliably reproduce it when testing the device shortly after it was released.

It's something that is extremely common, incidentally and is VERY hard for a manufacturer to completely prevent. Most phones with any part of the external frame that are part of the resonant structure of the antenna system (and that's most of them) can exhibit it in certain circumstances with certain people. I have a fairly decent means of testing for this in a device and it took me just minutes to reproduce it with the KeyONE I reviewed -- but if it does happen to you it's easily addressed by using a case.
    11-20-17 07:52 AM
    Whether there has ever been actual issue, user error, hardware being used on less compatible network than intended/designed for or multitude of suppositions are still being debated. Gotten to point of debating religion or some other passionate topic with reality being the questions/answers really are more subjective than objective.
    All valid points, but it still does not answer my question. Its a simple question I have asked. If I buy this phone and it has reception issues for what ever reason and I post about it, I am sure there would be some one here that says: Well did you ask or check before you bought? Isnt that what this website or forum is for, or is only for folks with over 3k posts to post positive things?
    11-20-17 07:53 AM
    The KeyONE, held a specific way, can result in a resonance change in the antenna system in the phone which impairs reception -- especially in the PCS bands (4 and 2, to be specific.) A case mitigates it, if it happens to you. I was able to reliably reproduce it when testing the device shortly after it was released.

It's something that is extremely common, incidentally and is VERY hard for a manufacturer to completely prevent. Most phones with any part of the external frame that are part of the resonant structure of the antenna system (and that's most of them) can exhibit it in certain circumstances with certain people. I have a fairly decent means of testing for this in a device and it took me just minutes to reproduce it with the KeyONE I reviewed -- but if it does happen to you it's easily addressed by using a case.
    Thanks
    11-20-17 07:58 AM
    All valid points, but it still does not answer my question. Its a simple question I have asked. If I buy this phone and it has reception issues for what ever reason and I post about it, I am sure there would be some one here that says: Well did you ask or check before you bought? Isnt that what this website or forum is for, or is only for folks with over 3k posts to post positive things?
    No. The problem is that, not enough people have the device and your particular location profile to answer you accurately. With Niche Brands, you take some chances being early adopter. If that's not acceptable, buy a different phone. Look at the problems with the Essential. I hear the guy behind that should have guaranteed success with Android, right?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-20-17 08:04 AM
    Thanks, yes early adoption is an issue. Asking questions though can help. I just assumed that someone here would know the answer to the antenna issue. My q10 in west Houston only gets 1 or 2 bars, so while this is tolerable, I wanted to make sure that I did not buy more inherent issues. My preference is really the K1 with a keyboard. Im a die hard BB fan, believe it or not, and get laughed at by my daughter and son who both use different other phones. My need at this point is so I can better communicate with my daughter in another country via apps that are not available for the Q10. No, not interested in an iPhone or Saamsung.

No. The problem is that, not enough people have the device and your particular location profile to answer you accurately. With Niche Brands, you take some chances being early adopter. If that's not acceptable, buy a different phone. Look at the problems with the Essential. I hear the guy behind that should have guaranteed success with Android, right?
    11-20-17 08:13 AM
    If your preference is the K1 get it and put it in a case (a good idea anyway with ANY device; leave aside drop risk, the other issue is the camera which on all the modern phones sticks out a bit. Scratch or damage the cover and you'll be very unhappy... a case prevents that.)
    11-20-17 08:30 AM
    Thanks, yes early adoption is an issue. Asking questions though can help. I just assumed that someone here would know the answer to the antenna issue. My q10 in west Houston only gets 1 or 2 bars, so while this is tolerable, I wanted to make sure that I did not buy more inherent issues. My preference is really the K1 with a keyboard. Im a die hard BB fan, believe it or not, and get laughed at by my daughter and son who both use different other phones. My need at this point is so I can better communicate with my daughter in another country via apps that are not available for the Q10. No, not interested in an iPhone or Saamsung.
    I'm you regarding BB, though I'm on BBAndroid since PRIV and DTEK release. Live in East Tampa, Brandon area. Great AT&T coverage 4-5 bars on 1/2 mile long street where only two addresses get poor 0-1 coverage and need femto signal boosters. Over 23 years, I've lived in both those addresses. Real good luck huh? Two lots that have dips just ever slightly and they're both mine........

Point is, this a question that is best answered by you, in your castle. Buy it, try it and then keep it or return it.
    11-20-17 08:35 AM
    Thanks, yes a case would be use. I generally use Otterbox Defenders.

If your preference is the K1 get it and put it in a case (a good idea anyway with ANY device; leave aside drop risk, the other issue is the camera which on all the modern phones sticks out a bit. Scratch or damage the cover and you'll be very unhappy... a case prevents that.)
    11-20-17 08:41 AM
    Thanks

I'm you regarding BB, though I'm on BBAndroid since PRIV and DTEK release. Live in East Tampa, Brandon area. Great AT&T coverage 4-5 bars on 1/2 mile long street where only two addresses get poor 0-1 coverage and need femto signal boosters. Over 23 years, I've lived in both those addresses. Real good luck huh? Two lots that have dips just ever slightly and they're both mine........

Point is, this a question that is best answered by you, in your castle. Buy it, try it and then keep it or return it.
    11-20-17 08:41 AM
    From my limited experience (walking around my house with a Motion and a KEYone) the Motion ALWAYS had a better signal displayed than the KEYone.
    11-20-17 08:45 AM
    From my limited experience (walking around my house with a Motion and a KEYone) the Motion ALWAYS had a better signal displayed than the KEYone.
    See, this is useful information. Could you share the actual model you have of each device? Your location, carrier etc?

That's how CB functions best.... Seriously, most on here no me as part time help, full time smart a$$. People want help, please share as much laymen data as possible. I have no idea what db means but within range, lower number better.....LOL
    11-20-17 08:56 AM
    See, this is useful information. Could you share the actual model you have of each device? Your location, carrier etc?

That's how CB functions best.... Seriously, most on here no me as part time help, full time smart a$$. People want help, please share as much laymen data as possible. I have no idea what db means but within range, lower number better.....LOL
    Problem is most on here don't own a KEYone and probable won't own a Motion.... the number that own both is simply too small a sampling to be of much use for the OP. And as he didn't list his carrier of geographic location... wouldn't mean much if he got 50 replies.

At this point, it's a small risk... but the OP just needs to take it and buy the phone and test it. If it works, keep it but make sure they can return it if it doesn't work. It's what you do if you feel you need a niche product.
    11-20-17 09:51 AM
    Do you know if the antenna location is different on the Motion compared to the KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 10:52 AM
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. / Rogers / BBD100-1.

Same experience. My Motion always seems to have one more bar for whatever that is worth. That said, though, I've also not experienced any connection issues with my KEYone despite the lack of that extra bar lol.
    11-20-17 11:11 AM
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. / Rogers / BBD100-1.

Same experience. My Motion always seems to have one more bar for whatever that is worth. That said, though, I've also not experienced any connection issues with my KEYone despite the lack of that extra bar lol.
    Thanks Bla1ze......

Come on guys and girls.... Let's get the info from more owners here.

Our EIC has taken effort and time posting his data point. Who's next?
    11-20-17 12:28 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze......

Come on guys and girls.... Let's get the info from more owners here.

Our EIC has taken effort and time posting his data point. Who's next?
    I have the BBB100-3 (unlocked CDMA) that I am using on Verizon in Nashville, TN. Same bars as my Q10. I have had no problems with call quality. I bought the phone just a few weeks ago.
    11-20-17 02:33 PM
29 12