Some of the pre-installed and not very "popular" apps on BB10 can't be deleted. I'm looking at Smart Tags and it looks like it has some potential. I'd like to utilize this tool, e.g. turning off WiFi when leaving home.

Anybody using tags with BB? Which functions work and which ones don't? Is it worth buying a few tags and playing with a BB phone to set up some triggers, toggles etc.

Posted from Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    11-19-17 07:02 PM
    Interested in smart tags also but have never tried it out. So will definitely be watching this topic regarding which type of tags to get for my passport. I take it that nfc would need to be on all the time to get good use out of It.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 02:05 AM
    Interested in smart tags also but have never tried it out. So will definitely be watching this topic regarding which type of tags to get for my passport. I take it that nfc would need to be on all the time to get good use out of It.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. And having it on impacts the battery life. I wonder how much. Waiting for the users' feedback.

Posted from Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    11-20-17 05:08 AM
    Yea Its worth it, tags can be cheap in rolls, and NFC is low power. Its a good app with very little documentation though.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 08:30 AM
    Yea Its worth it, tags can be cheap in rolls, and NFC is low power. Its a good app with very little documentation though.

Posted via CB10
    What functions do you perform with NFC tags?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-18 01:37 PM
    Use them for bluetooth all the time, also mailing and going to webpages or url's.
    The smarttrigger I have only tried with toggling dev mode and launching the browser/smarttags app.

The app itself though I use for bookmarks notes and shortcuts. Would be perfect if the Text could handle a lot of text like an extra clip board but too much and it might not even open.

Hopeful my spare will last I downloaded Wikipedia
    (all the english articles) and use the Smart Tags as the landing page or index of topics. I think its cool, the reader mode is a great addition I saw a lot of value in a database that which can speak the whole thing while you read, my portable offline wiki. whole thing was about 50 gb.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 01-03-18 at 08:09 PM.
    01-03-18 07:50 PM
    Got some nfc tags today. Have set one up to toggle the wifi on and off and stuck it on the inside of my front door ( both white ). Also set one up on Bluetooth to toggle on and off for connecting to my hands free kit. Both working fine. Can the nfc toggle settings with the screen off? As I can only get them to work when the phone is unlocked and it would be great to toggle settings without unlocking the phone but I guess it's setup this way for security. Going to play around some more with the tags.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-18 02:27 PM
    Got some nfc tags today. Have set one up to toggle the wifi on and off and stuck it on the inside of my front door ( both white ). Also set one up on Bluetooth to toggle on and off for connecting to my hands free kit. Both working fine. Can the nfc toggle settings with the screen off? As I can only get them to work when the phone is unlocked and it would be great to toggle settings without unlocking the phone but I guess it's setup this way for security. Going to play around some more with the tags.

Posted via CB10
    Notice any changes in battery life?

 Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    01-12-18 03:38 PM
    Havent noticed any difference to the battery life yet but will keep an eye on it,also have battery saver on. After setting up 3 tags i realised that they can only be used with the passport and not my dtek50. So will be trying to set one up with the dtek50 first then trying the passport as i would like them to be read by a couple of phones. Also noticed that i cant toggle mobile data which would be really handy
    01-13-18 03:34 AM