Bought this for main house as wife can't figure out wifi-calling. Received the absolute weakest signal on second floor but was enough to give her great 4G signal. Much to my surprise, when I got out to my office -- separate building made of cinder block -- I was also getting signal from the damn thing. Surprisingly powerful, and free. FWIW
    09-14-17 10:53 PM
    Yeah, they work pretty good.
    09-15-17 12:18 AM
    I must go for them
    09-15-17 12:21 AM
    Bought this for main house as wife can't figure out wifi-calling. Received the absolute weakest signal on second floor but was enough to give her great 4G signal. Much to my surprise, when I got out to my office -- separate building made of cinder block -- I was also getting signal from the damn thing. Surprisingly powerful, and free. FWIW
    Yeah, I agree with you, such signal boosters can be a really good decision if you have different problems with your phone connection. I had similiar problem several months ago, 4G signal was awful in my new house and I had rather often call drops It seems that you got a really nice model, however I don't understand the problem with wi-fi. As I know such signal boosters are made specially for phones and wi-fi connection in their case is usually only an additional function so it's not strange that you have perfect 4G signal and bad wi-fi connection at the same time
    If your main problem was only wi-fi calling, then it maybe would be better to buy a special wi-fi signal booster, they're much better for such cases https://www.myamplifiers.com/wifi-booster/ For example, I got one separately when my router started to provide the weak signal and the problem was solved.
    Also a femtocell could be a nice combo solution https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell
    10-16-17 06:19 PM
    Yeah, I agree with you, such signal boosters can be a really good decision if you have different problems with your phone connection. I had similiar problem several months ago, 4G signal was awful in my new house and I had rather often call drops It seems that you got a really nice model, however I don't understand the problem with wi-fi. As I know such signal boosters are made specially for phones and wi-fi connection in their case is usually only an additional function so it's not strange that you have perfect 4G signal and bad wi-fi connection at the same time
    If your main problem was only wi-fi calling, then it maybe would be better to buy a special wi-fi signal booster, they're much better for such cases https://www.myamplifiers.com/wifi-booster/ For example, I got one separately when my router started to provide the weak signal and the problem was solved.
    Also a femtocell could be a nice combo solution https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell
    The issue isn't a poor wifi. I have excellent wifi, but wifi-calling isn't reliable. Thus the signal booster.
    Red_Star likes this.
    10-20-17 10:46 AM
    I guess you were lucky, or I was unlucky. In my experience, I'd get no better reception even 10' away from the extension than if it was unplugged. That was with ~2 bars of LTE reception on the window unit and a 5-6 on the extension unit. T-Mobile was very good about it and replaced the unit, but no difference. So then I talked them into providing the "mini-tower" unit that's a single unit and plugs into your router, thus in effect sending traffic over the internet. Wow--now 5 bars everywhere!

The only issue is that some say that all calls--and more important, data usage--on connected devices counts against your T-Mo data bucket, even though it's actually traveling over your own internet (and counting against any data cap your ISP imposes). I literally spent over 2 hours debating this with a CSR, his supervisor, and finally tech support; some said that was true, some said it was not. Crazy. I even found an answer on T-Mo's website that says the data used counts against your data bucket, so I'm pretty skeptical since my line has only a 2GB data bucket and one of my kids on the same family plan goes through data like it was soda pop. I finally got them to agree to link the device to my son's line, which is unlimited--I HOPE that will avert any surprises.
    02-08-18 02:44 PM
    I've switched to the Blackberry Motion and wifi-calling now works. However, my wife continues to use the Booster w/o issue (separate building). Not sure why ours works. It's setup on the second floor with nothing surrounding us, so maybe..?
    02-09-18 02:58 AM
    Wi-Fi calling does not work all the time because I have bad wi-fi signal too. Also I need better cell signal when I'm in my car. Has anyone has had experience with cellular amplifiers like the ones shown here: https://www.signalbooster.com/pages/tmobile
    04-09-20 08:40 AM