My name is Falak using BB Classic since 2014 year end. Suddenly this weekend my phone started to show abnormal signs. Usually my phone battery last one full day under normal usage (calls, text, emails and whatsapp), nothing more than it. The battery over the day would deplete evenly through out the whole day until its next recharge. However, this weekend, my battery did not showed this pattern with the same usage. After 19 hours of use my battery just fell to 55%.

Significant Event: I opened up the browser do some research while the page was loading suddenly the tone ringed showing the message "Radio Turning Off" the phone screen went blank. I clicked multiple time the power button and the screen lighted up showing that radio did not turn off the browser was still running but the phone response time was lagged many seconds. Then the phone shut down showing the Blackberry Classic name on the screen and it went dead. I pressed the power button again to turn the device on but it showed red battery icon reflecting the battery was completely drained.

I plugged it in with the charger the phone turned on it self and showed 22% battery juice, thereafter, i unplugged it again and sent a few texts & couple of whatsapp messages the phone again shut down showing same behavior as stated in the above paragraph.

Note: I bought this phone phone from Blackberry US, my uncle brought it for me to Pakistan. I still use it original device charger, charging cable and hands free. I am very cautious with this phone as I love my Blackberry Classic.

I would be heartiest request to you fellow Blackberry users, if you could help/guide me to recover form this issue permanently.

Regards,
    Falak Zaib
    BB Classic,
    Pakistan.
    10-09-17 12:00 AM
    Hello there, I experienced the same problem, and I may have found a solution. I used the phone until it died completely, and then let it charge until the led indicator turned green. The first time it worked for a couple of days. I did this a few more times, in addition I did not use the phone while it was charging and left it in the charger all night. I also download an app called battery charger from BlackBerry world to monitor the health of the battery. Originally when I installed the app, it was showing my battery health at 20% currently it shows 100%, and bbve is also showing health as green. I should add, one or two times after letting the phone die when the battery showed 69%, and I was multi tasking the phone shut off. I plugged it in and let it charge WITHOUT using the phone until device monitor showed 100%. I recommend you try this and see if it works. As a side note I only used the original BlackBerry charger while doing the above mentioned. If you have any questions or I was not clear feel free to post below or pm me.
    10-09-17 01:59 AM
    I will try this today onwards but is it the permanent solution to this issue? Further, displaying 100% battery is not what I am worried about, I am actually concerned that the phone wont blackout during my use in middle of any thing?

quote "one or two times after letting the phone die when the battery showed 69%, and I was multi tasking the phone shut off." unquote

I do not want the same thing as you have faced and I am facing it right now.
    10-10-17 12:51 AM
    The last time I had this issue of the phone turning off on me from heavy usage was over a month ago so it would seem it is a pretty permanent solution.
    10-10-17 01:58 AM
    Ok walk with me as I am going to right the steps you have explained , in case of any deviation please correct me,

1. Let the phone battery drain to 0% till it shuts down properly.
    Issue: Usually when the phone dies while working, after full charge, it does not turns on by just clicking the power button. Then I have to plug in the charger, LED blinks YELLOW a few times and then the automatically the phone turns on having less juice in the battery.
    Now my question: Should I then again wait till the battery again drains out till the phone is dead completely, in a manner, that not even by clicking the power button the phones responds to show any kind of display?

2. I have installed the Battery Charger App and it shows 94% Battery Life exactly the same as the phone battery monitor is displaying. Battery state is OK, Health 100% and Battery Alert is No.

3. In light of step one, when the phone dies I should charge it with out turning the phone OB till the LED shows Green Color.

If i am missing any step please add to this, for any deviation please correct me.

Further I have also noticed the BB keyboard stores all kind of words we type in, but now those words do not exist in the keyboard memory when typing these words.
    10-10-17 05:07 AM
    Hi Falak, have you ever reloaded the OS on your Classic? If you've had the same installation of BB10 on there since 2014, it might be time to carry out a reload either using an Autoloader (preferred) or Blackberry Link (less reliable, Windows <10 required).
    Sometimes, an ageing/corrupted OS build will contribute to the kind of symptom you describe.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 07:40 AM
    I am using using 10.3.3.1435 currently I installed it directly over WiFi because have windows 10 on my laptop older version was not available with me. Will give it a try and reload the software again this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 08:28 AM
    Falak, I would advise doing a complete reload using the relevant Windows autoloader for your device. You will need to download the appropriate autoloader file, extract it onto your PC (Windows 10 is fine for autoloaders), then run the autoloader and follow the prompts on-screen. It is possible that you may have to install the Windows drivers for your phone first.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 12:16 PM
    Ok walk with me as I am going to right the steps you have explained , in case of any deviation please correct me,

1. Let the phone battery drain to 0% till it shuts down properly.
    Issue: Usually when the phone dies while working, after full charge, it does not turns on by just clicking the power button. Then I have to plug in the charger, LED blinks YELLOW a few times and then the automatically the phone turns on having less juice in the battery.
    Now my question: Should I then again wait till the battery again drains out till the phone is dead completely, in a manner, that not even by clicking the power button the phones responds to show any kind of display?

2. I have installed the Battery Charger App and it shows 94% Battery Life exactly the same as the phone battery monitor is displaying. Battery state is OK, Health 100% and Battery Alert is No.

3. In light of step one, when the phone dies I should charge it with out turning the phone OB till the LED shows Green Color.

If i am missing any step please add to this, for any deviation please correct me.

Further I have also noticed the BB keyboard stores all kind of words we type in, but now those words do not exist in the keyboard memory when typing these words.
    I have seen with my phone if it dies, and you plug it in, and as soon as it reboots you unplug it, it will die immediately. You want to fully charge the phone without using it after it may shut off.

You mentioned, that the battery charger app is showing 94%. When I had the issue with my battery it was showing 20%. When my phone was showing 94% I simply let it charge overnight on bedside mode in the morning it was 100%.

You have the steps correct, but since it is showing your battery at 94%, I would not recommend you let your drain your battery just yet. I would recommend you do a clean install of the os as the op mentioned. If the problem is not resolved with a clean install, then try what I suggested.
    10-10-17 04:05 PM
    My work Q10 has done something similar a few times recently. Battery shows somewhere over 50% and then WHAM! Shows "shutting down device" and shuts down, without even having a chance to go into power saving mode! Then, shows red battery image if I try to power it up. Then, after maybe only 5 mins of charging it shows 100% and works fine again, until next random shutdown.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-10-17 04:31 PM
    OK then will start with reloading the software, hope it works, but if not then will give it try your suggested way.
    10-10-17 11:25 PM
    Falak, I would advise doing a complete reload using the relevant Windows autoloader for your device. You will need to download the appropriate autoloader file, extract it onto your PC (Windows 10 is fine for autoloaders), then run the autoloader and follow the prompts on-screen. It is possible that you may have to install the Windows drivers for your phone first.

Posted via CB10
    Niallac, could you guide me which autoloader should I go for (mean the latest one) for Windows 10. Because I have no idea what autoloaders are, never used them before this would be my first time.
    10-10-17 11:31 PM
    My work Q10 has done something similar a few times recently. Battery shows somewhere over 50% and then WHAM! Shows "shutting down device" and shuts down, without even having a chance to go into power saving mode! Then, shows red battery image if I try to power it up. Then, after maybe only 5 mins of charging it shows 100% and works fine again, until next random shutdown.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    You can also follow the steps as being suggested in the thread.
    10-10-17 11:32 PM
    Falak, here's a link to the download site for the latest 10.3.3 autoloaders. Just follow the link and select the file that is relevant for the Q10. You then need to extract the downloaded archive file onto your hard disk, and run the resulting executable (.exe file).
    Use the forum 'search' function for autoloader how-to and you will find good instructions from other members. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 10:53 AM
    10-11-17 10:54 AM
    Falak, here's a link to the download site for the latest 10.3.3 autoloaders. Just follow the link and select the file that is relevant for the Q10. You then need to extract the downloaded archive file onto your hard disk, and run the resulting executable (.exe file).
    Use the forum 'search' function for autoloader how-to and you will find good instructions from other members. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mate will try this method and let you know this coming weekend.
    Regards.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:26 AM
    You can also follow the steps as being suggested in the thread.
    Nope. It's a work BlackBerry.
    10-12-17 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Niallac I tried to rest the phone to factory settings, after backing up the data, it didn't work... now I going to use auto loader and will let you know on the progress

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 03:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Further, can you explain the term clean installation please?
    10-17-17 11:52 PM
    My Q10 and Z10 problems like these might be resolved. I was choosing to not update them to latest BB10 OS version, but it seems that both of them eventually started doing it anyways. One clue was that I started to get a message saying "restart your device to continue software update". The Z10 started acting like the Q10 was in terms of shutting down even when battery level was over 50%.

I let them both go ahead and do the update. Battery life today was back to "normal" on my Z10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-24-17 04:41 PM
    My Q10 and Z10 problems like these might be resolved. I was choosing to not update them to latest BB10 OS version, but it seems that both of them eventually started doing it anyways. One clue was that I started to get a message saying "restart your device to continue software update". The Z10 started acting like the Q10 was in terms of shutting down even when battery level was over 50%.

I let them both go ahead and do the update. Battery life today was back to "normal" on my Z10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    My classic is already running the latest software of BB10 I only have one choice left to do is use auto loader I just can't get time to do it. It's driving me nuts.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-17 01:04 AM
    Further anyone facing the problem with adding new credit card detail in the BlackBerry world application?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-17 01:34 AM