There is something else that bothers me. Many of you will remember that BB10 was previously supposed to be BBX but then as I know BMW threatened to sue claiming only they have the right to use the letter X and BlackBerry retreated. How on earth did Apple get away with iPhone X. Where is BMW now with a lawsuit for the letter X rights? Or you don't want to mess with the giant?
    Be careful you don’t pull a muscle stretching so far. No company can have an exclusive trademark on a single letter for all uses of that letter. Let’s see some evidence to back up your assertion that BMW had anything to do with it.

Mac OS X was released in March, 1999, by the way. 4 months after Blackberry OS 1.0.
    DrBoomBotz and MikeX74 like this.
    10-01-17 07:24 AM
    There is something else that bothers me. Many of you will remember that BB10 was previously supposed to be BBX but then as I know BMW threatened to sue claiming only they have the right to use the letter X and BlackBerry retreated. How on earth did Apple get away with iPhone X. Where is BMW now with a lawsuit for the letter X rights? Or you don't want to mess with the giant?
    What? First it’s not a letter... it’s the Roman numeral for the number 10. Then BMW has nothing to do with it...

Also... even if it’s a letter, BMW would have the rights to the letter X so that no one else can use it????!!!!!
    10-01-17 07:41 AM
    "LOL, do you think that anyone is going to purchase an iPhone X because it has a swipe to open feature? "
    LOL, definitely no body is going to purchase iPhone X without swipe and no home button... (still remember many bb10 users were rely on power button to turn it on and off initially... took a long time, possibly still many do use power button, to change that. the flip turn on was great hit for those chaps - if they stayed with BB that long to see the progress). would love to see Z30 vs iPhone X on all the UI functions (not the process speed or number of app), just UI...with swift and latest A processor and extra ram, sure the speed is faster for iPhone)...Lets see what is trade off between $1000 vs 200 on UI.
    10-01-17 12:49 PM
    Couldn't people say that Blackberry "stole" samsungs edge display? Or 50% of it? It's like musical notes, there are only so many out there until one starts acting like brian wilson and mixing them up or rather together! ....I say this and I "think" I hate Apple. JS. Just don't ask me why since I learned they hired many of the blackberry cast aways that were let go. If that's true! Hmm.. plus if Trump is using it (according to all his tweets) then it must be secure enough. :x

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-01-17 at 09:12 PM.
    10-01-17 06:03 PM
    I think we can feel confident that if Apple misappropriated BlackBerry's intellectual property that BlackBerry would not hesitate to file a lawsuit about it. They've been active and effective in defending their IP recently.

Since they haven't done that, we should assume that either Apple has licensed IP from BlackBerry or Apple's gestures don't infringe on BB's patents.

Nothing to see here.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    10-02-17 08:46 AM
    I have had iphone X for one week and I can say its all I wanted for BBOS10 to be at this point.

BB passport was the last BlackBerry I had, I stop buying them when they turn to android, so if BBOS10 had continue I thing it will be as powerfull as iphone X or better, its a shame BB trash it...
    12-05-17 08:24 AM
    The BB10 Os is and will be the best Os ever existed!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-17 12:09 PM
    Swipe up gesture was first implemented in webos. Webos and it's all patents are now property of Qualcom. And guess what, qualcom is about to sue apple for using some of these patents.

Posted via The Classic
    jakie55 and Traderhorn like this.
    12-05-17 12:27 PM
    The BB10 Os is and will be the best Os ever existed!

Posted via CB10
    Nah.... BBOS was better at time BB10 was introduced. By time 10.2.1 came out and surpassed BBOS, Android was surpassing BB10...
    12-05-17 12:40 PM
    Nah.... BBOS was better at time BB10 was introduced. By time 10.2.1 came out and surpassed BBOS, Android was surpassing BB10...
    Some may argue it wasn't better or at least comparable until 10.3.x when keyboard shortcuts were brought back. Almost two years after BB10 had launched, a nightmare for keyboard power users.
    12-05-17 02:25 PM
    Some may argue it wasn't better or at least comparable until 10.3.x when keyboard shortcuts were brought back. Almost two years after BB10 had launched, a nightmare for keyboard power users.
    I was happy @ 10.2.1 to have basic features of BBOS like auto bcc for email..... I was po'd at so many things but now they're forgotten. I jumped off at 10.3.2 with PRIV and then DTEK. I'm simple.
    12-05-17 02:33 PM
    I have had iphone X for one week and I can say its all I wanted for BBOS10 to be at this point.
    The best part is that, unlike BB10, iOS continues to rapidly add functionality and will do so indefinitely.
    iCoutinoc likes this.
    12-19-17 10:07 PM
    Why not TCL add bb10 features to their android system
    They only have the bb10 recent apps screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-17 06:29 AM
    No own can steal from dead.... BlackBerry is dead long back, we need appreciate iPhone they are providing the best services to there customers, not like BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-20-17 10:02 AM
    well the only thing to do now is show up to the apple stores with our old z10's and z30's and the rest of our bb10 devices and show them who the real "innovators" of this "remarkble" invention was.
    Do you realize how funny this is? Does a Z10 or Z30 look more like a 2007 iPhone or a 2007 Blackberry?
    12-20-17 08:53 PM
    Do you realize how funny this is? Does a Z10 or Z30 look more like a 2007 iPhone or a 2007 Blackberry?

It doesnt look like either one, an iphone from 2007 does resemble a samsung f700 though minus the slide out pkb.
    iPhone steals from BB10-algoq.jpeg
    iPhone steals from BB10-blackberry-z10-black-sdl955371417-1-9e8dc.jpg
    12-21-17 08:10 AM
    i just cant pull the trigger on an android phone...too many reason i'd never be happy with it. leaning toward my first apple product despite the insane price tag and i have many questions..
    ..what is the equivalent of the hub on the X? how will it integrate with my non-apple life? currently i use micro sd cards to move videos from my gopro to the passport for editing, then to my raid for storage. i use NFS wirelessly. i enjoy/need at least 24hrs battery life. i use a headphone cable to plug my phone into my vehicles for music. i hate shattered or scratched screens, and therefore love gorilla glass. any X owners who are X bb with advice? i've always made fun of iphoneys for their shattered screens and dead batteries...

Posted via CBX
    12-21-17 08:37 AM
    ..what is the equivalent of the hub on the X? how will it integrate with my non-apple life?
    iOS has a widgets screen, if a third party app has a widget you can add it to the list. It's not as good as the Hub on BB10 IMO but it's probably the closest you'll get on iOS.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/whats-ne...ets-in-ios-10/
    12-21-17 10:21 AM
    that doesnt look anything like a hub, in fact it looks like clutter. the opposite of what i'm looking for.

Posted via CBX
    12-21-17 10:46 AM
    that doesnt look anything like a hub, in fact it looks like clutter. the opposite of what i'm looking for.

Posted via CBX
    The number of widgets is up to you but as I said, it's not as good as the Hub on BB10. I doubt you'll find that on any platform.
    12-21-17 11:23 AM
    I wouldnt compare the "widgets" screen to the hub. The widgets screen is a place to put all sorts of handy info for quick glances and such. But none of them really give you anything like the hub IMO
    12-21-17 12:06 PM
    It doesnt look like either one, an iphone from 2007 does resemble a samsung f700 though minus the slide out pkb.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aLGOQ.jpeg 
Views:	228 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	432543
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackberry-Z10-Black-SDL955371417-1-9e8dc.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	432544
    A flat glass slab with no keyboard. If you say so.
    12-21-17 12:11 PM
    sorry to revive this thread, but i didnt get answers so i'm trying again..

as there are possibly some deals to be had this week, i'm keeping my eye out for a decent price on an iphoneX (yeah right) can anyone explain the frustrations i'm going to encounter adapting to the apple world? i've been spoiled by blackberry for a long, long time.

1: what are the consequences of having only one apple product? i do not want to purchase any other devices, save for maybe the headphone dongle. argh!! no macbook, no itunes, no heavy investment. (i also dont have windows)

2: what apps/functions that i'm used to enjoying as part of bb10, am i now going to have to pay for? i prefer to keep as few as possible outside the core os. i'm heavy into photography and tweaking photos for instagram...no photoshop tho. also is there an ad-free insta client such as igrann pro? i cant stand ads. and i dont like the idea of continuing to pay for my phone after the original purchase..

3: how do i move my files around? usb mass storage? nfs client? slowass samba client? i have no home internet, so cloud storage is out. in the past i've found apple extremely frustrating because of their tendency to ignore standards, ie: they do not play well with others.

thanks in advance if anyone is willing to tackle this.

Posted via CBX
    12-27-17 09:35 AM
    Why not TCL add bb10 features to their android system
    They only have the bb10 recent apps screen.

Posted via CB10
    This is not as easy as what you might think.

Often the design philosophy of an OS (Operating System) determines how it functions and it is very possible that many BB10-like features could be very difficult to translate to (or layer upon) Android.
    12-27-17 11:21 AM
    What in the Sam Hill is webOS???
    It was developed by Palm for the Palm PRE. The last phone they made before HP acquired them

Posted via CB10
    12-28-17 02:16 PM
330 ... 11121314