You mentioned the size, thought you were bringing that up as one of the cons of it. If not, then alright, no biggie, my point about liking the size still stands, just isn't relevant to your comment, so sorry to have quoted it with an irrelevant response, my mistake man (not being sarcastic, I misunderstood your point).
    No worries, no offence taken, just a discussion.
    09-19-17 07:54 AM
    Nostalgia.....and the keyboard of course.
    09-20-17 02:34 PM
    Security
    Keyboard
    Battery Life
    Design
    09-20-17 08:01 PM
    I totally agree with all your points. I really like my keyone. Only question is how do I use the ctrl shortcuts? Do I set it up somewhere?
    09-20-17 09:17 PM
    Rumor has it Black' is back. I'm a sucker for trends.
    09-20-17 11:51 PM
    I totally agree with all your points. I really like my keyone. Only question is how do I use the ctrl shortcuts? Do I set it up somewhere?
    Well hidden.

Main Settings, Lang&Input, Keyboard Settings, BB Keyboard, Advanced, Scroll down to find CTRL Key stuff.

See how easy that is!!!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-21-17 12:28 AM
    Settings, language and input, keyboard settings, BlackBerry keyboard, advanced, physical keboard ctrl key: set it up the way you want it
    09-21-17 12:47 PM
    Keyboard (no-look typing, accurate typing, quick text editing)
    Keyboard shortcuts (because swiping and tapping on a sea of icons is lame)
    Keyboard Browser
    Battery Life
    Hub included
    Double-tap recent apps button to switch apps is very useful
    Because my Classic was getting slow and won't run some apps I use for much longer

Plus I got a good deal money-wise and 6 free months of Tidal with it.

But yes, the Classic is still better at some things, and I still think the Classic/Bold form factor is the best for me.
    jamesharmeling and TCM01 like this.
    09-21-17 04:18 PM
    Just not having what EVERYBODY else has is awesome in itself, but I've also never owned any other smartphone except BlackBerry.
    tado261 likes this.
    09-24-17 04:12 PM
    Gives off a powerful wealthy vibe. I like looking like a CEO
    09-25-17 06:05 AM
    PKB on Android.
    Battery life as a plus.
    09-25-17 07:46 AM
    Just not having what EVERYBODY else has is awesome in itself, but I've also never owned any other smartphone except BlackBerry.
    Me too. I love blackberry and keyboard. Sometimes disappointed, knowing that Blackberry phone (or software) is not as good as before. But I like and I buy.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    09-25-17 08:09 AM
    I've finally decided to upgrade my launch edition passport for the Keyone Black.

Reason for buying Keyone,
    (a) Closest thing I'm gonna get to a real blackberry.
    (b) I feel this will be the last BlackBerry PKB device to actually look like BlackBerry.
    (c) I use an iphone for work and hate iOS.

Keyone arrives tomorrow and I'm starting to get excited.

Posted via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    jamesharmeling, FF22 and TCM01 like this.
    09-26-17 02:19 PM
    Hello!
    My new Blackberry KeyOne arrived today, and I'm so glad!

My last BlackBerry was a Torch. That was early 2013, when I went with a different type of phone (Galaxy 5).
    I vowed back then to return to BB, if they got back in the running.
    At upgrade time things year I saw the KeyOne as an option for me.

So glad to be back in black with BB!

Cool phone!
    09-27-17 01:33 AM
    I choose the keyone for the sole of the keyboard not to mention the great experiences i had with past blackberries.
    But now im sorta regretting it. previous to the keyone i had my first iphone (march 2017 - august 2017). im starting to miss my iphone. Yes the keyboard is AMAZING but thats it. The sd issue is driving me bonkers, half the time i cant get the pictures i need, and its hit or miss to try to upload them via an app. The phone randomly locks on me. i'll be using google maps, and bam screen powers off and i have to unlock. Its super laggy. THE RECEPTION IS HORRIBLE. I was laying in bed and the call was cutting in and out. Had to redial using a 4yr old device, same position in bed no problem. I have to reboot 3-4 times a day. Some will say it probably a 3rd party app. AND hey it may well be that but i cant belive these words are coming out of my mouth "i didnt have this problem with my iphone lol"
    For now im stuck with the Keyone.
    09-27-17 01:47 AM
    I choose the keyone for the sole of the keyboard not to mention the great experiences i had with past blackberries.
    But now im sorta regretting it. previous to the keyone i had my first iphone (march 2017 - august 2017). im starting to miss my iphone. Yes the keyboard is AMAZING but thats it. The sd issue is driving me bonkers, half the time i cant get the pictures i need, and its hit or miss to try to upload them via an app. The phone randomly locks on me. i'll be using google maps, and bam screen powers off and i have to unlock. Its super laggy. THE RECEPTION IS HORRIBLE. I was laying in bed and the call was cutting in and out. Had to redial using a 4yr old device, same position in bed no problem. I have to reboot 3-4 times a day. Some will say it probably a 3rd party app. AND hey it may well be that but i cant belive these words are coming out of my mouth "i didnt have this problem with my iphone lol"
    For now im stuck with the Keyone.
    Um, sounds like you have a defective unit. Definitely not the way a KEYᵒⁿᵉ normally behaves. How come you haven't submitted for a warranty exchange yet? I could never understand people who get defective products and simply sit there continuing to use it. Pretty much every company has a warranty for their products. If I received a defective product I would have the rma request filled out day one...
    jamesharmeling, FF22 and TCM01 like this.
    09-27-17 03:26 PM
    because it is a true blackberry with a new OS
    How is a TCL Chinese phone with Android a REAL Blackberry?
    09-27-17 03:30 PM
    Because BlackBerry, that's why! Lol
    09-27-17 05:43 PM
    Supposedly, BB did design the KeyOne but licensed the manufacture to TCL. Also, the "underpinnings" of the phone are BB - that is the hardened OS which so far canNOT be rooted. The other BB touches, (Hub, keyboard, etc) are apparently available either from the Playstore or from some third party sites.

Now whether the origins of the manufacturer make its security suspect and less BB than in the past... well, that will be an assignment for the reader....
    09-27-17 06:26 PM
    Um, sounds like you have a defective unit. Definitely not the way a KEYᵒⁿᵉ normally behaves. How come you haven't submitted for a warranty exchange yet? I could never understand people who get defective products and simply sit there continuing to use it. Pretty much every company has a warranty for their products. If I received a defective product I would have the rma request filled out day one...
    blackberry keyone site only give me an option to "email" them with issues. still waiting on reply
    09-28-17 03:56 AM
    I feel the same way. If I need a portable device to watch a movie like on a plane I use my tablet.
    09-28-17 06:24 AM
    Technically it's not a "real" BB without BB OS but it's almost 2018 and BB is out of the hardware and OS business. The KeyOne is as close as we are going to get to a "real" BB with a PKB. I have to admit I'm intrigued with the new IOS software that mimics BB10 though.
    09-28-17 06:32 AM
    AT&T, because it was the cheapest option, and I don't fuss over being carrier locked.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-28-17 07:26 AM
    The qwerty board is the ONLY reason, and the fact that my beloved Classics can only last so long and the browser stinks on ice. The kids' mockery was a teeny factor, but of course Crackberry has been there for me in my anguish this week (not the kids) while getting this all set up and throughout my "1984" inspired creep out feeling.
    Bucky2016 and Delirious D like this.
    09-28-17 10:00 AM
    I have to admit I'm intrigued with the new IOS software that mimics BB10 though.[/QUOTE]

Did not know about this. Please tell us all more if you can.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-28-17 10:07 AM
106 ... 2345