I called sprint yesterday to return the phone because just like ya'll. I seem to never have full bars. Walked into a sprint store where they have LTE and I only got 2 bars. And other places I randomly go to roaming. Its frustrating and messes with my job. I work for amazon flex and the unreliable signal strength has me driving is circles or waiting 5-10 minutes to get it back. My 10yr has an old LG G2 and when my bb drops to 3G or starts roaming I have to use her phone.

I really do love this phone but not when its costing me time and money. And I cant have unreliability when delivering packages to a sketchy part of town. Or to a creepy house with a private driveway covered by vines and trees.

Sprint
    BBB100-3
    Last edited by Delirious D; 09-21-17 at 10:35 AM.
    09-21-17 06:23 AM
    You will never experience any problem with any BB .

Posted via CB10
    I had the notification bug until the Sep patch. I also had screen lift on my Passport SE.
    09-21-17 06:30 AM
    Folks can you please specify which BlackBerry Keyone's are having these signal issues.
    There are several different Editions as you well know, for instance my one that does not seem to be having any signal issues is the BBB100-2 Silver.
    Is it the international black edition with just one SIM slot always at the Indian's joke American edition with two SIM slots?
    09-21-17 06:48 AM
    it is very hard to pin it down... hopefully, TCL/BBM got better handle of it. based on my reading of the post, (I don't have K1) and limited knowledge, following are the known factors:
    (1) bar doesn't mean much, unless you have no bar - due to dynamic tuning nature of the antenna - idle will have low bar, and wake up when singal come in. the number of the bars are artificial and set by MFG has no correlation with dBm signal strength... Static antenna, it might be ok to indicated signal strength, but not dynamic tuning antenna.
    (2) CDMA is on its way out - replaced by LTE, if LTE band in the high frequency compare to the CDMA (old handset), you might have low panatration (coverage) assume the cell tower in the same distance (CDMA got longer distance compare to the high frequency LTE), unless you have low frequency LTE... (if you area got both GSM and CDMA, I would select GSM... until VZ finishing migaration of their CDMA to LTE).
    (3) case - non metallic is a must due to possibly design oversight of K1 (anyhow, it is a good practise to get a case)... depend upon your hands (wet, fat, etc.), you will have different capacitor coupling that effect the antenna performance - reception different...
    (4) antenna appear to be very marginal on K1 (possibly not para). wifi on might introduce interference to LTE, but not 2G... (similar problem with iphone and some other droid handset) - known issue... BB used to be very good (BB10) for wifi/bluetooth/NFC/2G/3G/LTE all on, but that is para... good conductivity of antenna also could improve signal... not mention high end of pre-amp. meanwhile, as for K1, tune off wifi may help reception.
    (5) S carrier for example, got network specific setting, as other posted, the network limitation may terminate data stream if call comes in - I am waiting for the confirmation...
    (6) carrier APN setting for un-locked device could be key factor - hard to find someone (universal speaking) to set up properly... (not like carrier version, the APN assume is the correct one). As unlocked, you might missing some feature, such as wifi calling, VoLTE, if cell tower only supply high frequency LTE signal, without CDMA for example, you got problem...
    (7) I am waiting others to fill up more - I am sure I miss a dozen or so...(india network of LTE only got 3 bands, some carrier don't have band 40 (TD based). The FD based only used for Gov. so you got problem with LTE, better set up 2G and 3G for the moment... I am sure there are other country got similar problem... but I didn't dig deep... you only need google it to find out).
    09-21-17 07:38 AM
    I stopped getting dropped calls when I switched to the AT&T version, which calls over LTE rather than dropping down to HSPA as the unlocked version does.
    I switched to the AT&T version and am still experiencing dropped calls. Debating on whether or not to keep it.
    09-21-17 06:36 PM
    I got one in hand finally and I dont see any massive signal issues. as ive said its better than my priv by far (which was lousy). I do see dropping signal when I hold the bottom of the phone but my call success has been very good on both tmobile and att (dual sim!)
    09-21-17 06:43 PM
    I feel bad for everyone that's having such significant issues with this, for me (based in Melbourne, Australia on Telstra's network) the reception on the K1 is significantly better and more reliable than either the PRIV or the Pixel XL I had previously.
    09-21-17 07:57 PM
    Would someone with better service on the Keyone than on the Priv please post a video showing the true signal strength of both? I find it remarkable that the Keyone with known antenna banding is outperforming the Priv with paratek antenna technology.
    09-23-17 10:32 AM
    Would someone with better service on the Keyone than on the Priv please post a video showing the true signal strength of both? I find it remarkable that the Keyone with known antenna banding is outperforming the Priv with paratek antenna technology.
    If anyone does this, please use a common signal strength app, NOT the bars. The number of bars displayed for a given signal is not a consistent measure from phone to phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-23-17 11:02 AM
    To all Indian Users - To have better reception, For the time being - Switch your device to 3G - 2G mode only. keyOne doesn't perform optimum on 4GLTE, Though it does gives better results on 4G - VolTe.

Tested this for almost a month .
    Last edited by Vipul-Koba; 09-25-17 at 09:39 AM.
    09-25-17 06:14 AM
    I don't have my PRIV any more so I won't be able to do a true side by side comparison. When I say I have better reception on the KEYone, I'm not just judging it by the somewhat meaningless bars.

What I mean is there are ears (eg. basement parking lot in my Ikea) where the PRIV had no data or phone signal, yet I have no issue making phone calls or receiving notifications in the same spots on my KEYone. Hope that clarifies.
    09-25-17 07:08 AM
    To all India Users - To have better reception, For the time being - Switch your device to 3G - 2G mode only. keyOne doesn't perform optimum on 4GLTE, Though it does gives better results on 4G - VolTe.

Tested this for almost a month .
    So glad you found a solution meanwhile. time to wave the K1 crashing Zhong party? ;-).
    Vipul-Koba likes this.
    09-25-17 09:05 AM
    So glad you found a solution meanwhile. time to wave the K1 crashing Zhong party? ;-).
    Is it even worth having it if you can't use it as it was optimally designed for?

Posted via CB10
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-25-17 09:19 AM
    do you need an Audi when your speed limit is 65 mile/hr or 100km/hr? No... But truly feels good when you have one..instead of -what ever you daily drive ;-) (I don't have any automobile, not even a bike. Do I want a DS ZF6.5? sure if I have the money... that will make me very happy in addition to save some leg work)...
    09-25-17 09:34 AM
    Is it even worth having it if you can't use it as it was optimally designed for?

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree with you - For the time being, i'm just OK, Rather than all the call drops I was facing, I atleast have some signal on my phone .
    09-25-17 09:38 AM
    honestly I had to keep my priv on 3g in brooklyn where I worked on tmobile as LTE would barely connect. the keyone replacement (indian variant) actually holds lte in the same places the priv didnt.
    09-25-17 11:33 AM
    I am a new Key1 owner and very happy with it so far. The only complaint I have is the call dropping. I now find I am not getting in elevators when I had no issues for many years.

Past devices were the PRIV, z30, z10, torch....

I do notice that switching to GSM is an improvement in bars. I will test it in the elevators tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope this is a software thing and BlackBerry can help!
    09-25-17 05:03 PM
    set up to 2G/3G instead... turn off wifi all the time when you are not using... go to elevator again and see if it improve... (you don't browser in the elevator do you?).
    09-25-17 06:49 PM
    Every time I get excited about this phone I get pushed away by something or another.
    Was kinda looking forward to getting the Canada Black version when it drops on Amazon.ca soon, but now I will have to monitor this for a known fix or new manufacturing batch before I pull the trigger!!
    09-25-17 07:33 PM
    Every time I get excited about this phone I get pushed away by something or another.
    Was kinda looking forward to getting the Canada Black version when it drops on Amazon.ca soon, but now I will have to monitor this for a known fix or new manufacturing batch before I pull the trigger!!
    Same for me. I really want to love this phone and get it asap but get discouraged by all the problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-17 08:14 PM
    I can't lie same thing here. I really love the phone but the problems sometimes really have me thinking twice about what to do. Add to that no AT&T updates with no idea when they'll be released really has me frustrated.
    09-25-17 09:07 PM
    I definitely am experiencing terrible signal issues, this phone is very unreliable
    09-26-17 04:04 AM
    Those hoping for software fix will be disappointed. Its clearly a hardware design flaw that somehow made it out of QA testing (do they have any?). The work around of turning off LTE or any 4g technology just so you can make a call is insane at best. You still have signal drop, you are just connecting to a stronger signal due to frequency and tower allocation. Those slower networks will go away and switch to LTE, then what? The solution is for BlackBerry Mobile to step up and correct the issue and exchange devices to those who have this issue. Based on previous feedback I don’t see that happening. It’s disappointing because the KEYone is a fantastic device, best form factor I’ve seen in quite a while.
    09-26-17 08:29 AM
    Had the launch date silver k1 had great reception but then the screen lifted sent it in for warranty and the replacement is just junk at this point the signal constantly drops, i can be on a call and all of a sudden boom im talking with myself then on top of that the bluetooth drops in and out. So with some handsets there is definitely an issue.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-26-17 08:37 AM
    I wonder if launch Keyone was manufactured at different facility then changed because of screen issue and during that factory -or- process change the antenna was compromised? Anyone have a launch Keyone with no antenna banding issue I showed in my video?
    09-26-17 09:19 AM
460 ... 89101112 ...