I have never used WhatsApp and it may be hard to believe, but I am still active in 4 BBM groups and three of them for over 3 years and we are still getting new members when others have left and moved on. I do agree that BBM is virtually non existent here in the US and when I mention I still use BBM to a young person, I get a strange look and they replay, whats BBM??

With so many social apps out there and Facebook messenger now becoming the choice of a lot of my friends on social media. I can understand why BBM has been going to the wayside. But, as long as I my BBM groups and contacts continue to exists, I will have the app on my device.
    09-20-17 08:14 AM
    Got no issues with bbm to be honest.. If it's new direction and focus is what it's target market want.

I just don't think I'm in that target market as it doesn't do what it once did in regards to being a straight up messaging platform.

I don't need to read news in my messaging app.

I don't need adds clogging up my conversation list.

I don't need to be bombarded with offers and stuff targeted at people in Indonesia.

I don't need random folks and spam from Indonesia messaging me.

I need my messages backup up to the cloud so when I swap phones no matter which brand I'm going to I can pick up where I left off.

I need it to encrypt my messages end to end.. especially when I'm using a BlackBerry phone.

Nowadays the only reason I have it is due to the fact that I can't totally dissociate my email from it and cant totally delete it cos I'm on a BlackBerry. I know I can sign out and disable it but just cos it's always there and I have contacts still on it I keep it.. even though non of them use it.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can dissociate my email address from it?

I also don't need it trying to be a whatsapp clone when it was the original app that inspired whatsapp.
    Last edited by naijab0y; 09-21-17 at 12:10 AM.
    09-20-17 12:08 PM
    I love Signal messenger. Hope they'll develop a version for BlackBerry OS :/
    Signal works great on BB10
    09-20-17 12:12 PM
    Through android apps I suppose, but I don't want to infest my phone with that :/
    09-20-17 01:20 PM
    My wife is my one and only remaining BBM contact. Everyone else has jumped ship to WhatsApp. Everybody is amazed by the audio quality compared to other messengers, but the truth is lack of functionality and pointlessly complex UI killed the best messenger.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 01:34 PM
    Agree
    09-20-17 02:08 PM
31 12