Anyone know if the att black edition K1 will work on T-Mobile if I get it unlocked?

Thanks
    09-08-17 10:05 AM
    Anyone know if the att black edition K1 will work on T-Mobile if I get it unlocked?

Thanks
    It should. The band's are the same, I believe.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-08-17 11:16 AM
    Is this your first gooberry? BBAndroid? Did you try it first before de-googling?
    Yes first gooberry, first time with android. I de-googled it right away. Only used chrome once to download the opera-mini apk then deleted chrome.
    09-08-17 12:07 PM
    Yes first gooberry, first time with android. I de-googled it right away. Only used chrome once to download the opera-mini apk then deleted chrome.
    Please don't think I'm being a jerk.... Obviously, I stir things up on here. That being said...

Why? I'm asking seriously. I've dual carried Android since 2010-2011. My preference for BlackBerry was always that I've felt more secure but I still used Apple, Google and Microsoft hardware from desktops, laptops, notebooks and tablets. Starting with PRIV and DTEK, I feel secure enough with BBAndroid compared to regular Android.

That being said. What am I missing? I can't imagine de-googling either PRIV or DTEK. I feel like app creators of Google alternatives could and will get my info and greater probability of misuse than Google Play Store. Just this week, I've noticed a "Protect" scanning function in the Google Play Store.

Being serious, please explain advantage of what you've done.

Thanks in advance....
    09-08-17 12:27 PM
    My phone has arrived at my AT&T Store. Headed over now. I just have to convince them not to help me transfer data!

09-08-17 12:43 PM
    My phone has arrived at my AT&T Store. Headed over now. I just have to convince them not to help me transfer data!

Congrats!

Yeah, try to prevent them from "helping" you with data transfer. A store CS Rep did so when I got my Classic and they botched it. Cheers.
    09-08-17 12:46 PM

The OP finally got the prize. Will read your posts in the other thread with interest.
    09-08-17 12:47 PM
    Please don't think I'm being a jerk.... Obviously, I stir things up on here. That being said...

Why? I'm asking seriously. I've dual carried Android since 2010-2011. My preference for BlackBerry was always that I've felt more secure but I still used Apple, Google and Microsoft hardware from desktops, laptops, notebooks and tablets. Starting with PRIV and DTEK, I feel secure enough with BBAndroid compared to regular Android.

That being said. What am I missing? I can't imagine de-googling either PRIV or DTEK. I feel like app creators of Google alternatives could and will get my info and greater probability of misuse than Google Play Store. Just this week, I've noticed a "Protect" scanning function in the Google Play Store.

Being serious, please explain advantage of what you've done.

Thanks in advance....
    No, you're not being jerk. I think you are a good dude around here.

I'm not a foil hat guy and care less about being tracked. If one seriously wants avoid being tracked they have to kill all the uplinks. This means TV, internet, mobile network, credit cards.

I just want to get rid of the google annoyances. I'm new to it, but my wife is a google fan and I see all the annoyances she gets. When I get a new computer or windows OS, the first thing I do is disable all the MS annoyances. I just want my stuff to work smooth without distractions. I was never big on getting app updates on BB10 and one annoyance on it was amazon store forever pestering me to update an app. Can not kill amazon on BB10.

Here to see reasons from others: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13014599
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-08-17 01:01 PM

I'm not a foil hat guy and care less about being tracked. If one seriously wants avoid being tracked they have to kill all the uplinks. This means TV, internet, mobile network, credit cards.

I just want to get rid of the google annoyances. I'm new to it, but my wife is a google fan and I see all the annoyances she gets. When I get a new computer or windows OS, the first thing I do is disable all the MS annoyances. I just want my stuff to work smooth without distractions. I was never big on getting app updates on BB10 and one annoyance on it was amazon store forever pestering me to update an app. Can not kill amazon on BB10.

Here to see reasons from others: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13014599
    Yeah. I am not going to de-google my KEYone, but I am also against notification spam and constant updates. For me, BB10 was a dream with less than one OS update a year and very few third party apps to update.

I understand iterative development and all that, but most apps on the freemium model are just looking for ways to invite you to upgrade, so it's basically feature marketing spam with little to no net benefits for me.

I just want to optimize my phone once, then freeze it for a year as much as possible.

Speaking of which, is there any way to image an Android phone after installing and configuring everything, or do.i just need to document my set up?

09-08-17 01:50 PM
    My store told me it's online only unless sales and demand go up for it. I will order online and use as a second device.
    Wasn't real happy with first two since they were defective hopefully this one is better plus easier to send back to carrier then manufacturer.
    Keep us posted how your 3rd K1 Devices goes? If the At&T version has the same issue it could mean big trouble for Blackberry if the carrier drops them.
    09-08-17 02:27 PM
    ordered mine earlier this afternoon, happy birthday to me! should be here by monday. Just switched from Verizon to ATT, due to not getting any service in my apartment. Just ordered case and USB dongle and cable too. pretty exciting stuff
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-08-17 03:26 PM
    ordered mine earlier this afternoon, happy birthday to me! should be here by monday. Just switched from Verizon to ATT, due to not getting any service in my apartment. Just ordered case and USB dongle and cable too. pretty exciting stuff
    Congrats. What does the dongle do?
    09-08-17 03:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. That's how I felt when I first began using stock Android. For me, I turned off notification in just about every app on the device that I could. For me, BBAndroid is about getting as close to BB10 as possible but with the ecosystem that BB10 never developed.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-08-17 04:12 PM
    No screen issues however the signal is definitely weaker than the PRIV. It's the antenna band for cellular which is the little band on either side of the lower keyboard. The band's on the top side are for WiFi radio.

When you hold your phone you are cutting down the signal strength to a point where you'll drop a call.

I really wanted to keep but signal strength is top need
    09-08-17 04:51 PM
    I just want to confirm that the AT&T KEYone has the FM radio enabled, together with a tuner app factory installed.
    09-09-17 02:13 AM
    The AT&T KEYone has a Radio app and the supplied headphones function as an antenna...works great! If you don't use the headphones, then download a radio app like Radio USA or go directly to a station's website for "live" listening.
    09-09-17 08:58 AM
    I mean car charger port. Not USB dongle, lol. Wrong thing to say.
    here's the one I ordered:

AUKEY Car Charger, Flush Fit Quick Charge 3.0 Port for Samsung Galaxy | eBay

and a braided type c cable:

USB Type C Cable,Snowkids Usb to Usb C 3.0 (6.6ft) Nylon Braided Galaxy S8+ | eBay

Also the ATT KEYone comes with head phones? Awesome, did not list that on the website as "whats included"

So thats a bonus.

I also ordered the iOttie car mount:

iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 7 6/6S Plus, Galaxy Note 7

The case i went with is this one, if it doesn't work, I will try the Blackberry OEM dual shell:

USB Type C Cable,Snowkids Usb to Usb C 3.0 (6.6ft) Nylon Braided Galaxy S8+ | eBay
    09-09-17 09:16 AM
    The AT&T KEYone has a Radio app and the supplied headphones function as an antenna...works great! If you don't use the headphones, then download a radio app like Radio USA or go directly to a station's website for "live" listening.
    Yep, though the battery performance is better with FM, and it doesn't use data.

RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-09-17 09:52 AM
    Got mine on Wednesday and it's much better than I expected. Has anyone else noticed a clicks back around the logo on there's ? Reminds me of how the Priv was.
    09-09-17 11:46 AM
    Got mine on Wednesday and it's much better than I expected. Has anyone else noticed a clicks back around the logo on there's ? Reminds me of how the Priv was.
    A clicks back? Do you mean how the logo is slightly recessed? If so, yes, the unlocked silver/black version is recessed as well. I appreciate the recession because it means that the logo won't get easily scratched when placing it flat on a surface, especially if the phone is naked.

I just can't get over how nice it looks in all-black. My SO commented how he prefers the contrast of the silver but also appreciates the "stealth" look of the all-black. Cheers.
    09-09-17 12:44 PM
    Last thing I ordered was a screen protector:

Skinomi MatteSkin Anti-Glare Screen Protector Shield for Blackberry KEYone | eBay

I would get an invisible shield, but that does not exist yet. I like the feel of anti-glare/matte finish screens. Phone will be here Monday, and all the accessories should be here the same week.
    09-09-17 10:19 PM
396 ... 141516