My Classic has been near-perfect but developed a quirk a few weeks ago that I didn't even discover until my wife got a message from the friend/contact in question.
    So Mike is a guy I text a lot with; we work together sometimes and share some technical interests so there's a lot of idle technical geekery going on.
    He's set up with his own text "ringtone", LED notification and so forth. Yet suddenly our text thread no longer appears in the Hub nor do I get any notifications about his messages.
    He actually texted my wife asking why I hadn't responded.
    So now, the only way I can find his messages is by going to "Compose", text message, and then type in his name. After a looong pause, the text thread will finally appear.
    If I text him and he replies, the reply will not show in the Hub and no notifications will happen.
    I tried deleting him as a contact and re-entering, even changing the name. But the problem appears to hinge on the phone number.
    Needless to say, calling AT&T or BlackBerry was useless.
    Since the phone appears to be working decently otherwise, I am reluctant to do a Restore or wipe.
    Thank you in advance.
    Bill Z.
    08-21-17 09:00 AM
    My Classic has been near-perfect but developed a quirk a few weeks ago that I didn't even discover until my wife got a message from the friend/contact in question.
    So Mike is a guy I text a lot with; we work together sometimes and share some technical interests so there's a lot of idle technical geekery going on.
    He's set up with his own text "ringtone", LED notification and so forth. Yet suddenly our text thread no longer appears in the Hub nor do I get any notifications about his messages.
    He actually texted my wife asking why I hadn't responded.
    So now, the only way I can find his messages is by going to "Compose", text message, and then type in his name. After a looong pause, the text thread will finally appear.
    If I text him and he replies, the reply will not show in the Hub and no notifications will happen.
    I tried deleting him as a contact and re-entering, even changing the name. But the problem appears to hinge on the phone number.
    Needless to say, calling AT&T or BlackBerry was useless.
    Since the phone appears to be working decently otherwise, I am reluctant to do a Restore or wipe.
    Thank you in advance.
    Bill Z.
    I had this with my Passport, one contact would go poof. What fixed it was a hard restart.
    08-21-17 03:29 PM
    Yeah, I actually tried that a couple of times, without any change. Thanks.
    08-21-17 03:34 PM
    Yeah, I actually tried that a couple of times, without any change. Thanks.
    One other thing you might try. Delete the contact and replace but with a slight change. I did that once for a favorite contact. then it was fine
    08-21-17 04:07 PM
    is this an old and looooong text message thread? problems come up when people try to save old messages
    08-21-17 05:24 PM
    My Classic today has the same problem as @Cherryriver: favorite, often called, texting client no less. Exact. Same. Situation. Of course, first thing I did was a restart, with no change in status. What is the resolution?

What a CLASSIC!
    08-25-17 04:45 PM
    joewoo, not sure what you are referencing- it's a thread I started a few days ago, and I'm not concerned here with saving texts.
    To CalSandi, I'm afraid none of the fixes I've tried has done the job. I'm still having to revert to "Compose", enter the victim's name, and then eventually the device brings up our thread.
    Maybe I need to reload software, but for one contact? Not sure what might happen.
    08-25-17 05:43 PM
    Thanks, CherryRiver. Now attempting to forward that contact's long (more than 1 year) worth of SMS to email via the SMSPro app that was highly rated here recently. Well, tried all SMS and didnt work, so now attempting just a date group. Report on that result later since I cannot change a contact's phone number and am unwilling to factory reset after 2 years.

What a CLASSIC!
    08-25-17 05:48 PM
    is this an old and looooong text message thread? problems come up when people try to save old messages
    joewoo: I'm working on deleting some non-relevant to business messages in order to get OS10 text messaging capability back. SMS to Email Pro will only forward current SMS messages, not previous. Is it your experience/knowledge that the whole __ years of messaging needs to be deleted in order to work again? Thanks!

What a CLASSIC!
    08-27-17 05:24 PM
    joewoo: I'm working on deleting some non-relevant to business messages in order to get OS10 text messaging capability back. SMS to Email Pro will only forward current SMS messages, not previous. Is it your experience/knowledge that the whole __ years of messaging needs to be deleted in order to work again? Thanks!

What a CLASSIC!
    If you have time, you should try to start a fresh OS... That's the only way to know fo sure
    08-27-17 05:37 PM
    If you have time, you should try to start a fresh OS... That's the only way to know fo sure
    Thanks. Bit you can quote me on this: "Aaaaaaahhhh!!!"

What a CLASSIC!
    08-27-17 05:42 PM