This thread should be merged with this one: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ption-1110175/. I am in agreement with the OP that there are issues with the cellular signal/reception along with WiFi signal. I also realize that this may not be a common problem...but, there are quite a few people who have complained about it (myself included).
    08-14-17 05:55 PM
    Not sure I agree. I would likely never have found this video in that long thread.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-14-17 08:29 PM
    That was a very well thought out post, so I'll give you one back.

1. My comments regarding the screen lifting, as I've said, are my opinion. They aren't facts, and I've never stated them as facts. What I do know as a fact is that the first run of devices has a manufacturing defect. I don't know that all of the screens will come out from that batch any more than you know that they won't. You stating that its a small number of devices is no more absurd than me stating that all of them will have the problem. You don't know that all of the screens won't eventually fall out, its just your opinion. What I do know as fact is that TCL saw it as enough of a problem that they had to add more adhesive to the phone in order to prevent this from happening. If it wasn't a problem, they would have simply kept with their original statement of "Its a small number out of thousands sold" and left it at that. I purchased a KEYone before the issue was widespread and have since returned it. It doesn't mean I won't buy another one when more stock of the fixed version comes out, but I'd prefer the Black version if its ever widely available in the states because I think that that version of the phone is what TCL should have originally released. They obviously feel the same or they wouldn't have released the phone with those updated specs in the first place.

2. My review of the K1 was again, my opinion. IN MY OPINION, as I stated in the review, I think the headphone jack should be at the bottom of the phone where its out of the way when you are holding it. What you are leaving out of my review is that I said that it: Had a great look and feel; Was fast and responsive; had nice sound despite being a mono speaker; had a great innovative fingerprint reader; and a nice camera. Interesting how you seemed to leave out the positive I said about the device.

3. How can one be a BlackBerry user and not be disgruntled? And yes, I do have a love/hate relationship with BlackBerry. I'm not some blind fanboy that just gushes over the slightest thing they do. In my opinion people like that just make things worse because they let BlackBerry off the hook when they should be pushed to do better. And again, I could care less if you find it "tiring." Ignore me, don't read it, don't come into threads where issues with the phone are being discussed. Stay in the rainbow happy threads and you won't have to read about people that are having issues. I didn't ask why you were on this forum. I asked why you were coming into threads specifically with titles around where people were complaining about issues with the phone. Stay out of them if you don't want to read them.

4. Yeah, I bashed the Passport. And it deserved to be bashed. The screen lifted on both my first device as well as the second, and double typing on the second remains to this day. Oh, and the Z10 was piece of trash beta junk when it was released that BlackBerry threw out a hail mary on and failed miserably. It was awful at launch. It improved slightly but that phone should have never been released in the form that BlackBerry originally gave it to us in, IN MY OPINION. I loved the Z30 and actually enjoyed the Passport until it starting falling apart.

Again, if you don't like reading things like this about phones, then why come into the threads. Its a phone forum, not a forum about curing cancer. If you can't take some back and forth barbing about a phone manufacturer and it makes you so annoyed or find it tiring, then you should stick to the rainbow happy threads. When people start the happy threads and put "please only positive things in here" I don't run in and rain on their parade, I leave them alone and let them gush. But when people put things like "The K1 is the best BlackBerry ever made." I say things like "In your opinion." In my opinion the K1 is far far far from the best BlackBerry ever made. Its had more issues since it was released than any phone dating back to the Storm. It has some good things about it, but its been plagued with so many issues I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say its the best phone they've ever put out.

I could go back and forth all day with you, but you seem to find it "tiring," so why not make things better for yourself and click ignore and you won't feel the need to be annoyed or worn out with reading what many people in here feel about the direction that BlackBerry has taken. I'm sure you are a good guy in person, and you'd find I am too if you actually knew the slightest thing about me. Getting so upset over what someone posts in a phone forum is really kind of ridiculous. But if you ignore me on here you won't have to deal with it and can better serve those that only want to post the glowing all positive and keep away from anything that might cause some internal pain by posting issues they are having with a phone.
    Thanks for your rebuttal, all points noted. I won't reply to each point as we both already got enough in. So in the interests of moving on, touche.
    Anyway I read your previous post where you mentioned you weren't going to bother with the long reply, so I guess you must have changed your mind at some point!

Let me just wrap up by saying this -- why couldn't you just be more like conite? Haha, I thought that would make you laugh.
    08-14-17 11:36 PM
    Thanks for your rebuttal, all points noted. I won't reply to each point as we both already got enough in. So in the interests of moving on, touche.
    Anyway I read your previous post where you mentioned you weren't going to bother with the long reply, so I guess you must have changed your mind at some point!

Let me just wrap up by saying this -- why couldn't you just be more like conite? Haha, I thought that would make you laugh.
    Hahaha, too funny (the Conite comment). And don't get me wrong, Conite is a good guy as well.

I decided to give you a proper response since you took the time to write specifically regarding me. Anyway, cheers my friend, all is well.
    08-15-17 02:38 AM
    I live in Sweden and bought the K1 in late june. My previous phone was an iPhone 6s, and this new "signal dropping" problem came now only with the BB K1. I commute in the same car between my home and my office in the hospital, where I work, so the same circumstances on the same roads. And to call somebody became with K1 a real russian roulette, sometimes I can speak 4 minutes before dropping, sometimes only 4 seconds, but the usefulness of the K1 is much more worse in comparison with my previous 6s (which fell into water and "died" unfortunately). As a try, I have checked frequencies and bought an expensive signal booster from the myamplifiers.com, BUT it helps absolute nothing, it was only a waste of money. Perhaps it doesn´t even do anything, only 4 LEDs on a large metallic case and some heater inside...? The Blackberry Keyone is a nice device, quality is good, the screen doesn´t want to fall down, the speed with 625 proc and 3 Gb RAM is enough, battery life is very nice, and the combination of the keyboard and touchscreen is interesting and innovative, BUT....... if it is impossible to use it as a PHONE, or I must redial my clients and apologize from the car so many times, it is not acceptable. So the balance is negative, and I am really disappointed with the K1.
    08-25-17 02:23 AM
    this is a problem worldwide. and BB is reluctant to address this issue.
    09-14-17 12:17 AM
    What is that app u used to test the signal m kindly share. Thanks
    09-14-17 02:54 AM
    What is that app u used to test the signal m kindly share. Thanks
    Signal Strength is one (its icon is three colored vertical bars)

Another is Network Cell Info (lite or pay)
    deepforezt likes this.
    09-14-17 01:21 PM
    One of the KEY reasons I'm using a case. Seems to improve/avoid drop in signal quality when I hold it in left hand.
    09-14-17 01:29 PM
    I wonder why BB is not licensing their paratek antenna technology. There were rumours that they will allow their licensing partners to use it. This would have made massive difference. Remember BB Z30. It had one of the best reception among any phones. If not the best.
    09-15-17 12:29 AM
    I just installed this guys app and on LTE in downtown Toronto I'm getting 87 and holding down the same corner he does actually lowers it to 85 for me. Tried with case on and off.

Rogers Keyone on the Sept patch.

I cannot recreate it on my Keyone.
    09-15-17 12:30 PM
136 ... 456