Just bought my first bold 9900 on eBay. It's used because I want to see if bis will work on at&t here. I have a q10 that I'm not too thrilled with (pocket dialing even though I have the swipe up to unlock turned off, sometimes restarting when I set my phone down, apps opening by themselves when the screen is locked), and I've always wanted a bold. They're just too sexy.
    07-29-17 09:49 PM
    Just bought my first bold 9900 on eBay. It's used because I want to see if bis will work on at&t here. I have a q10 that I'm not too thrilled with (pocket dialing even though I have the swipe up to unlock turned off, sometimes restarting when I set my phone down, apps opening by themselves when the screen is locked), and I've always wanted a bold. They're just too sexy.
    Congrats! Have a look at the working and dead apps thread, stickied in this forum. There are a surprising number of working apps still.

BTW, some people have been able to solve the Q10 restarts by wedging a piece of paper in with the battery to tighten up the fit.
    07-30-17 10:33 AM
    Yeah, I did the business card thing. Not a HUGE fan of BB10 either.
    07-30-17 11:13 AM
    Yeah, I did the business card thing. Not a HUGE fan of BB10 either.
    What is it you don't like?
    08-01-17 11:38 PM
    9900 is probably the most popular phone of all time when it comes to blackberry's lucky u found one on ebay allot of Celebs carry them along with the iphone..

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 12:49 AM
    I prefer the white passport, A t and T or mostly the SE!!

9900 is on BB7?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 12:50 AM

9900 is on BB7?

Posted via CB10
    Yes
    08-02-17 07:25 PM
    I got a mint-in-box international edition 9900 a few weeks ago. I'm amazed you can still get "virgin" Bolds.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    08-03-17 05:00 PM

Just got it and got bis working through at&t. 😁 maybe it's the newness of it, but I'd happily pay $500 for a 9900 with BB os7 LTE and a faster browser. That's it. That's all I want in life. I wish BB would work on os7 under the hood and leave the ui the same.
    08-03-17 06:36 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ff92d07e6.jpg

Just got it and got bis working through at&t. maybe it's the newness of it, but I'd happily pay $500 for a 9900 with BB os7 LTE and a faster browser. That's it. That's all I want in life. I wish BB would work on os7 under the hood and leave the ui the same.
    BBOS isn't probably capable of handling LTE chip... unless a huge rework on the coding
    08-03-17 07:03 PM
    Whatever they need to do. 😉
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-03-17 07:33 PM
    Whatever they need to do.
    Well if you really want LTE speed on your 9900, theres an easy way to get it now: get yourself a LTE hotspot and use Wifi on your 9900 to connect to the hotspot.
    anon(8063781) and idssteve like this.
    08-03-17 09:14 PM

Just got it and got bis working through at&t. 😁 maybe it's the newness of it, but I'd happily pay $500 for a 9900 with BB os7 LTE and a faster browser. That's it. That's all I want in life. I wish BB would work on os7 under the hood and leave the ui the same.
    If someone could skin Android so deeply into the settings that I couldn't tell the difference, I'd be happy with that.
    idssteve likes this.
    08-03-17 09:36 PM
    If someone could skin Android so deeply into the settings that I couldn't tell the difference, I'd be happy with that.
    Me Too! LOL..

Although I have a thing for QNX and would always know it's not. BBOS7 and prior is still QNX? They use this in cars, etc. It's so secure. Remeber they were doing the HTML5 thing. Blackberry started so much stuff and others stole it from them! A shame! Even with the HTML5 versus apps with needing tons of storage, etc.. I bet in the future we will just have a browser that is all of our apps like facebook, YouTube like we can have now but we won't be able to see the difference between apps or one simple browser or complicated one, hah. I know it's coming as we won't have to use our data to get updates all the time as its done on thier end, phones storage can be used elsewhere, so, so many benifets that I think googles paying to keep folks away from it. WebOS was genius. I think at the time the java was an issue, now it wouldn't be as don't need it really...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 12:18 PM

Bah, just get me a faster, more HTML5 compliant browser. That's enough for me.
    A decent camera would be 2nd on the list.
    Aaditya Sabharwal likes this.
    08-05-17 10:56 AM