Hello,

Yet another challenge with Yahoo! Mail! I've tried all usual solutions without success. This time the error message is "unable to connect to network" (while connected, of course). Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

Best,

Reg
    07-19-17 11:11 AM
    Did you ever connect to Yahoo mail, or is this a change?
    07-19-17 05:39 PM
    Yahoo was working well until today, then ... "unable to connect to network"! My GMail account is fine.

Thanks!

Reg
    07-19-17 06:50 PM
    check your settings on yahoo email on the website their "enhanced" security settings sometimes doesn't play nice with email clients and you have to allow for unsecure connection or something, don't remember the setting name.
    07-19-17 07:08 PM
    I haven't received mail since Monday, so I will try again his
    07-20-17 08:30 AM
    I had the same problem with my Rogers email account yesterday. I then deleted it and tried to re-add it but now I'm getting the message "imap.mail.yahoo.com server is unavailable" I talked to Rogers but no luck. Any ideas?
    07-22-17 08:08 AM
    I have now successfully re-added my Rogers email account to my Playbook. I replaced the IMAP server name with "pop.broadband.rogers.com" and used the other settings as listed on the Rogers website.
    07-22-17 12:10 PM
    Thanks, Mar16. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing has worked. Are there new settings: the latest I can find are Incoming mail rim.imap.yahoo.com, port 993, ssl yes; outgoing mail smtp.mail.yahoo.com, port 465, ssl yes. Is anyone still able to access an [email protected] account through the PlayBook client? Was I the "last one standing" lol?

Reg
    07-24-17 01:03 PM
    I also have a yahoo powered account it. Doesn't work on my playbook, it also keeps losing password and asking for a reset on my passport too!
    Gmail fine on both.

Swiped on my Passport!
    07-27-17 01:12 AM
    To better secure your Yahoo account, we strongly recommend that you:
    1. Turn off less secure access setting to your Yahoo account by clicking here: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turning off "Allow apps that use less secure sign in".
    2. Use the Yahoo Mail app for Android and iOS, which includes important security features. You can also use Yahoo Mail via https://mail.yahoo.com.
    For more information, visit our help page at: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html.
    Sincerely,
    Yahoo
    07-31-17 12:15 PM
    Is anyone still using yahoo IMAP and SMTP on playbook with native client ?

https://twitter.com/YahooCare/status...5392612548608#
    11-03-17 02:17 PM
    I would like to be doing that, but will no longer let me do so. Even have the lower level of security set at Yahoo settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 01:27 PM
    I have also been able to retrieve Yahoo email for a while on the Playbook. Security settings lowered but it still won't work.

Any ideas?

(P.S. I hate Yahoo like most of you but it's been my email address for years so I'm kind of stuck with them. It's annoying how my work email (Google based) pushes straight through on my Passport but my personal Yahoo ones take ages).

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 09:36 AM
    There are 2 email apps on the playbook- the native one that you know, and the hidden android one that is part of the android runtime. The android one can be accessed several ways, the easiest probably is to install "Quick App Manager" from BB World, then open the app and tap on Email, then open. Then add your yahoo account. You should be able to access your Yahoo mail and you'll get notifications of incoming mail (so long as you open any android app after rebooting). The only real downside is you have to tap three times to access your email account- QAM, then Email, then open.
    jamescarruthers likes this.
    11-06-17 04:59 PM
    Packman, thank you! I guess that will have to do as the only solution to getting Yahoo mail on the PB.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-17 03:59 PM
    I am so surprised by this: I tried Yahoo Mail in the native Playbook browser and it works very very well!

My new solution is to continue with the app manager app to make the hidden Android email client give me notifications (as suggested above by Pacman). I then get a notification when one arrives but when it comes Iclick on a homescreen shortcut I have made to Yahoo Mail. This opens in the browser and is pretty great.

P.S. Still hate Yahoo (their desktop website is sooooooo slow with all the adverts) and would to leave, but I'm trapped!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-18 04:12 AM