View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice find, Morgan.

If I am not mistaken, this entity seems to have filed similar complaints earlier this year, dealing with the same patent:

The patent:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US7307398
    Thanks Corbu!

Doesn't look like much but we aren't hearing from BlackBerry right now so it is a short-term negative on zero news from the company. I thought I would gamble anyway and buy at support. So far, they are running bids 4 times the size of the asks so there is support down here. I see Nokia is in on the patent challenge, something like a revenge lawsuit? There is nothing worse than wasting a powerful stock market sitting here without news. Drives me crazy when momentum is so high right now! GL
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-26-17 10:54 AM
    Could not agree more... The silence is deafening...
    morganplus8, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    07-26-17 10:59 AM
    BTW, Deshodax seems to have filed against Sony and Samsung on the same day (consecutive case numbers)... I would bet regarding the same patent...

Deshodax LLC v. Blackberry Corporation
    Filed: July 25, 2017 as 1:2017cv01014
    Plaintiff: Deshodax LLC
    Defendant: Blackberry Corporation
    Cause Of Action: Patent Infringement
    Court: Third Circuit › Delaware › Delaware District Court
    Type: Intellectual Property › Patent

Deshodax LLC v. Samsung Electronics USA, Inc.
    Filed: July 25, 2017 as 1:2017cv01015
    Defendant: Samsung Electronics USA, Inc.

Deshodax LLC v. Sony Mobile Communications (USA), Inc.
    Filed: July 25, 2017 as 1:2017cv01016
    Defendant: Sony Mobile Communications (USA), Inc.
    07-26-17 11:08 AM
    This was the same authors article March 13, 2017 when shares were at $6.90

http://investorplace.com/2017/03/bla.../#.WXd37PkrJaQ

From the article:

...Both numbers imply that investors buying BBRY stock are expecting near-term growth.*But the question remains: from where will that growth come?

Lawsuits.
    07-26-17 12:56 PM
    Nice find, Morgan.

If I am not mistaken, this entity seems to have filed similar complaints earlier this year, dealing with the same patent:

Source:
    http://www.iam-media.com/blog/detail...2-11cd3c8d89f1

The patent:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US7307398

This company should be named des hoax, because that is what this is probably going to amount too.

Good luck going up against the big boys you hoaxers.
    rarsen, morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    07-26-17 01:01 PM
    07-26-17 01:28 PM
    A really great offering, but no PR or marketing so no sales. What is wrong with this management?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 02:30 PM
    Note the only OS vendor in this market research.
    Global Software Market for Autonomous Cars 2017-2021: Key Vendors are Alphabet, Delphi Automotive, Intel, NVIDIA, QNX Software Systems & Tesla - Research and Markets | Business Wire

With Nvidia's key win with their DrivePx2 ( Volvo, Tesla, Toyota, Audi ? ) there is no doubt QNX is in for a ride. Interesting to note with the win of Tesla, being a Linux ( ? )driven systems now switching to DrivePx2 ( at least for the model 3) is a big boost for Nvidia/ QNX.

Note: I have no access to the report. Too cheap to pay for it.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 07-26-17 at 03:21 PM.
    07-26-17 03:09 PM
    I'll post a 3-minute chart here as we (BBRY) are at one of the most critical levels in a very long time:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-26-2017-b.png

I posted this 3-minute chart, and along with yesterdays daily chart, you can see that things don't look good for BBRY. We are testing support at the black uptrend line today, never have we drifted down to support, parked on it over night and not gapped below it the next trading session. Today, we are parked at the open, right on the line, we look negative, it doesn't appear that we can hold it at all, but, we seem to be hanging in there anyway. The bids are weak, the asks are large, it seems that it's a matter of time before we breakdown here. Could we be putting in a double bottom on the 3-minute chart at $ 9.86/shr or are we seeing bears fishing for buyers at support for now? The troubling part in all of this is that the general market is nothing short of amazing and we aren't participating in the strength. The company is extremely quiet as well, hard to understand how a billion company couldn't be making news or doing deals over the past 6 weeks.

MOBL reports after the bell tonight, we'll get some insight into the sector then. They didn't guide higher this time for revenues and so the stock is already weak and at its RSI=30 levels prior to earnings.

When is the last time that we have seen BBRY trade in such a narrow range in the first 1/2 hour? Note that the Bollinger Bands are at an all time low of $ .39/shr for a total spread. Let's sit back and see if the bears are going to dump on this black line and take it out today or not.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-27-2017.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-26-2017.jpg  
    Last edited by morganplus8; 07-27-17 at 09:15 AM.
    07-27-17 09:03 AM
    As we continue to breakdown here, an interesting stat, TD Bank has sold 150,000 shares today, they haven't purchased any. I know because I just bought 10,000 more shares from TD Bank a few minutes ago. That isn't helping us hold the line is it?
    07-27-17 11:33 AM
    In other news..

House panel approves legislation to speed deployment of self-driving cars

House panel approves legislation to speed deployment of self-driving cars | Reuters
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    07-27-17 11:36 AM
    I know because I just bought 10,000 more shares from TD Bank a few minutes ago. That isn't helping us hold the line is it?
    It seems that it is. It just took a while to kick in. Thanks Morgan
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    07-27-17 01:24 PM
    It seems that it is. It just took a while to kick in. Thanks Morgan
    How do you guys check the block trades of current trading day ?
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    07-27-17 01:37 PM
    If you want to look on the cheap, open up a 30-day trial account with www.stockwatch.com and you can review trades in their "Analytics" and then "Block Trades". Otherwise see what your trading account is giving you for services.

Today, TD Bank sold well over 200,000 and bought 20,000 with CIBC the strongest buyer in Canada and it was a mess in the US with lots of block trade sells going on there.

As for the stock, the bottom level on the Bollinger Bands is $ 9.72/shr so that's where we want/would expect to close today.

How about it MOBL ?????????????????????
    07-27-17 02:59 PM
    If you want to look on the cheap, open up a 30-day trial account with www.stockwatch.com and you can review trades in their "Analytics" and then "Block Trades". Otherwise see what your trading account is giving you for services.

Today, TD Bank sold well over 200,000 and bought 20,000 with CIBC the strongest buyer in Canada and it was a mess in the US with lots of block trade sells going on there.

As for the stock, the bottom level on the Bollinger Bands is $ 9.72/shr so that's where we want/would expect to close today.

MOBL is not doing so great and hopefully it's not that industry and just them itself.
    morganplus8, Corbu and alludba like this.
    07-27-17 05:57 PM
    There comments on the call were that they replaced the head of their Salesforce causing some others under him to defect, and that they delayed closing deals as a result, but that they will still close them this year. An analyst asked about if similar to BBRY issues last quarter if they are seeing an industry wide slowdown or company specific? Their answer was company related as industry is healthy.
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    07-27-17 06:15 PM
    Also here is my take on BBRY's chart FWIW. I will defer to M8, but offer a potential scenario.

morganplus8, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    07-27-17 06:21 PM
    MOBL is not doing so great and hopefully it's not that industry and just them itself.
    They were trading under $ 3.00/shr when they did two series of pre-announcements on revenues. That's fine but now they have come out with a downward revision to future revenues ( $ 5 MM) which is greater than the two increasing pre-announcements added together! The fact that they are a one trick pony in a big and competitive market, why aren't they valued like BB is at a 50% reduction to match their prospects for revenues. They might not earn a buck during my lifetime and yet they traded above $ 6.60/shr on hot air. So it had to happen that the wheels are falling of that bus. I have always said that BB should compete against them and not acquire them. I guess they could be acquired at some price but nothing near where they will open tomorrow.
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    07-27-17 06:38 PM
    07-27-17 06:57 PM
    Our friend on latest MOBL results...

MobileIron

Sales Engine Pauses to Pick Up New Crew

Stock Rating Industry View Price Target
    Equal-weight Cautious $4.50

MOBL missed FQ2 billings expectations as a change in VP of North America sales caused disruption in closing some large deals. Sales execution is expected to improve as the year progresses, but we remain on the sidelines until we see evidence of uptick of new products beyond EMM.
    Attached Files
    07-27-17 08:28 PM
    Oh that's easy. We just ask M8.

... Call him M+8 if you're nasty.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-27-17 09:35 PM

Thank you for the guidance Morgan. I will checkout stockwatch as I couldn't find anything similar through my trading account research centres.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-28-17 03:57 AM
    Oh that's easy. We just ask M8.

... Call him M+8 if you're nasty.
    Lol..
    07-28-17 03:58 AM
    FWIW: Unlocked BlackBerry KEYone launches in Canada, quickly goes out of stock

http://m.gsmarena.com/unlocked_black...news-26444.php
    07-28-17 04:39 AM
    Also here is my take on BBRY's chart FWIW. I will defer to M8, but offer a potential scenario.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b7b0ead0c7.jpg
    Your chart is excellent, I would hope that anyone using TA would create this pattern. You could go one step further and try to look at short term patterns within that broad range of trading too.

Here is a messy chart of what transpired during the past few months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-july-28-2017.jpg

Across that broad range of trading are many short term patterns that occurred. Your top line is valid but it calls into question what that day looked like, did we rally on "buy stops" for 10 seconds to make those highs or did we stay up there all day and perhaps even drop back, rally again, form a double top and reverse course? A 3-minute chart tells you what happened on each of those rally highs. So I don't use that upper line in my chart simply because the real meat is likely below that level when several tops were created. I would include that line later on when we "run out of reasons" for the stock to pause on its rally.

The six day line is perfect, it shows the trend well in a 3-minute chart too.

The lower support line is the result of longer term support lines being broken while the stock drops. Eventually you are forced to look at shorter periods of time as the longer lines breakdown. Today it is important as a last line of defense so to speak. What we are seeing is a progression when a steep uptrend line gave way to a more modest uptrend line to a basically horizontal line (yours), to guess what, a down-sloping line! This is why it is important to follow a short-term chart as well to collect the changes in direction sooner and to understand what effect buy stops and sell stops have on your charting work..

Finally, as if any of this makes sense, I defer to the Bollinger Bands to see what over sold looks like and gauge where we should be trading on no news. Today they tell me we should be above $ 9.69/shr and basing out for another attempt at a rally. During all of this, we wait for news which changes everything.

Thanks for posting your chart, it is perfect and the basis for more detail should you decide to get right into it!
    kadakn01, Corbu, he_x3 and 7 others like this.
    07-28-17 11:32 AM
113,256 ... 41124113411441154116 ...