Hello, for starters let me apologize for be that guy with annoying questions but i really want personal answers.

For the last 3 years i have been rocking a Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duo as my main device. Im not a heavy user, I do not game on my device. But i find myself wanting to follow one of my dreams and become an indie writter, so the main feature im looking for is a device with a qwerty physical keyboard and acces to word. Note: I have big hands. My main uses or apps are as follow.

Word
    Gmail
    Browser (3 - 4 Tabs)
    Youtube ( Watch some reviews or Linustechtips)
    Media Player ( Maybe Pair my BT headset, not 100% sure as i already got an ipod)
    Whatsapp ( Mostly for Family as all of them use it, dont want to install the android version, i would be happy with a Browser Extension or something like that)
    Facebook ( Duh )
    Kindle ( I already use the cloud reader on my Samsung)
    Uber?? and google maps

Thank you for reading this **** long post and feel free to point me in any direction. Funny note took me 15 mins to write this post i hate on screen keyboards and my fat fingers pressing two keys instead of one.
    07-27-17 01:57 PM
    NO.

You won't get a good facebook experience, word won't work at all, and other android apps will be laggy by comparison to say a budget Chinese device.

I, as well as many others, carry the Passport for the Hub and also because it looks cool. If you don't mind carrying two (or more) phones, then get a passport + something else.

If you want the best of both, the KeyOne is the best you will get.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 02:20 PM
    Also an increasing number of your favourite apps won't work at all.

But if you want to join one of the word's most opinionated cults, do buy a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    cbd212 likes this.
    07-27-17 02:22 PM
    So the phone wont work for me if i inted to use it as a word writter? And the browser is ****? My actual phone only has 8gbs of Internal storage, 1 of ram and a quad core cp in a 4.7 inch screen
    07-27-17 02:43 PM
    But i only want a browser, a media player, email, word office. Maybe whatsapp or facebook but i dont want to install the cobalt thing. Many users say that it slows the phone
    07-27-17 02:44 PM
    The BB10 browser is not great.
    Word allegedly has issues (I cannot comment, when I had a Classic I used Docs to Go).
    Whatsapp is hit-or miss. They keep extending the obsolete deadline - at some point the plug will get pulled completely.

Honestly, I would recommend the KeyOne. I have a PRIV and the keyboard is small and a bit clumsy at times. I believe the KeyOne's keyboard is a bit bigger.

Passport will fall down on:
    *browser
    *Word
    *Whatsapp (potentially)
    *Facebook
    07-27-17 03:37 PM
    I got it and I'm happy with it and I was a bit more demanding that you (although don't care about uber) It works fine for me but I bought it knowing I can get it for a decent price and sell it without a loss if it wasn't for me! Turned out it was just the phone I needed! I'd say get one, try it for a month and decide! For me, it took a weekend to know I want to keep it!
    07-27-17 03:48 PM
    So the phone wont work for me if i inted to use it as a word writter? And the browser is ****? My actual phone only has 8gbs of Internal storage, 1 of ram and a quad core cp in a 4.7 inch screen
    Passport has Docs to Go, I find it is much better than Word on Windows Phone (or Mobile or whatever they call it these days).
    The browser is not ***** and I'm comparing it to an iPhone SE I have here.
    Whatsapp and Facebook will be your biggest limitations. Gmail, Google Maps all work fine in browser or with app or whatever. Plenty of decent mapping options.
    And the Android runtime is not as slow as some people claim, especially compared to "budget Chinese phones" (never mind they all come from China). My Z10 is noticeably slower at heavy image processing tasks compare to my coworker's Pixel (same Android app), but any other Android app runs smooth and it is even faster on my Passport.

That being said, if you enjoy Android already, just get a KEYOne, no limitations. The only drawback is it is likely very expensive compared to a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 05:17 PM
    Also an increasing number of your favourite apps won't work at all.

But if you want to join one of the word's most opinionated cults, do buy a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in a cult now?? Lol. I'm pretty sure the LG G6 crowd on AC and the Windows Mobile crowd could give the pp peeps a run for their money!!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 05:49 PM
    Yeah i think in going to get one from amazon and keep it for a month and evaluate then, the keyboard and the size is to good.
    07-27-17 05:57 PM
    Yeah i think in going to get one from amazon and keep it for a month and evaluate then, the keyboard and the size is to good.
    Basically what I'm doing. The price was very low and I've always been intrigued by the Passport. I couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 06:35 AM
    Basically what I'm doing. The price was very low and I've always been intrigued by the Passport. I couldn't resist.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you got it for a low price. They've come way down over the years. It has limitations that others have already detailed but it is a great device.

I love it for writing. I think you'll have a good experience for the core items you want to use it for.

If you do try out an apk or two, know that they run better on the PP than the other BB10 devices due to its higher specs.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 04:34 AM
    Glad you got it for a low price. They've come way down over the years. It has limitations that others have already detailed but it is a great device.

I love it for writing. I think you'll have a good experience for the core items you want to use it for.

If you do try out an apk or two, know that they run better on the PP than the other BB10 devices due to its higher specs.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    I plan on keeping the BB pure BB. I have a S8+ and iPhone 7+ for apps. I like being able to carry the BB with just phone, sms and email. I'm tired of the distractions of FB, IG, Twitter, etc. I feel less productive with all those distractions.
    07-30-17 08:57 AM
    Download
    08-03-17 02:33 PM
    Hello, for starters let me apologize for be that guy with annoying questions but i really want personal answers.

For the last 3 years i have been rocking a Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duo as my main device. Im not a heavy user, I do not game on my device. But i find myself wanting to follow one of my dreams and become an indie writter, so the main feature im looking for is a device with a qwerty physical keyboard and acces to word. Note: I have big hands. My main uses or apps are as follow.

Word
    Gmail
    Browser (3 - 4 Tabs)
    Youtube ( Watch some reviews or Linustechtips)
    Media Player ( Maybe Pair my BT headset, not 100% sure as i already got an ipod)
    Whatsapp ( Mostly for Family as all of them use it, dont want to install the android version, i would be happy with a Browser Extension or something like that)
    Facebook ( Duh )
    Kindle ( I already use the cloud reader on my Samsung)
    Uber?? and google maps

Thank you for reading this **** long post and feel free to point me in any direction. Funny note took me 15 mins to write this post i hate on screen keyboards and my fat fingers pressing two keys instead of one.
    I have the real YouTube not laggy and Face10 (paid app in hub works great with more features) and star player or kalemsoft are both great media players! I have over 100 droid apps and none lag. The Passport SE imo is the greatest device ever made. You can even get the Google playstore thanks to @conite..

I will say, if tour willing to tinker a little to get everything set up, the phones for you! If you hate tinkering at all, maybe steer clear but once setup (easy to do) it's awesome with little maintenance. They also have Google maps with a free api key you can get as well as ones in blackberry world that compare!

Love this device, especially the keyboard and 1x1 screen...

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 02:39 PM
    I have over 100 droid apps and none lag.
    Posted via CB10
    When you compare an Android app in BB10(when it works) to how it works in Android, they lag like crazy.

I could never recommend a BB10 device in 2017, although for the diehards, I have a used one available for sale for the low, low BlackBerry price of $699. Send me your cash and you can have mine.

I love the keyboard, form factor and all that. The limitations of the software are growing by the day. I know Scotia is having their issues with Android devices, but I can't even deposit e-Transfers anymore with my Passport. Not very convenient for working on the go or away from the computer.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 03:02 PM
    When you compare an Android app in BB10(when it works) to how it works in Android, they lag like crazy.

I could never recommend a BB10 device in 2017, although for the diehards, I have a used one available for sale for the low, low BlackBerry price of $699. Send me your cash and you can have mine.

I love the keyboard, form factor and all that. The limitations of the software are growing by the day. I know Scotia is having their issues with Android devices, but I can't even deposit e-Transfers anymore with my Passport. Not very convenient for working on the go or away from the computer.

Posted via CB10
    On a passport with a snapdragon 801 running the fine tuned BB10? Or u mean the old dual core blackberry's as big difference and mine don't lag, came from LG V10!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 03:32 PM
    Yes the Passport is for you. $190US on eBay new. Order one.... now. Don't wait. Don't hesitate.... if you are a writer with large hands, the Passport is for you.

I use a silver one and make excuses to text people so I can use the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-03-17 07:43 PM
    On a passport with a snapdragon 801 running the fine tuned BB10? Or u mean the old dual core blackberry's as big difference and mine don't lag, came from LG V10!

Posted via CB10
    I'm on a Passport and Android apps, the ones that work, lag.

For the list of apps the OP uses, it's irresponsible to suggest a Passport will meet their needs.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 10:41 AM
    Yes the Passport is for you. $190US on eBay new. Order one.... now. Don't wait. Don't hesitate.... if you are a writer with large hands, the Passport is for you.

I use a silver one and make excuses to text people so I can use the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    The SE is $190 or the OG? New? I want another white one as white blackberry's always become the rarest! Always! Try to buy a white classic! Last I checked, $800! In 2016... May go up!

Is their folks who like the OG over the SE?..

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 11:53 AM
    I'm on a Passport and Android apps, the ones that work, lag.

For the list of apps the OP uses, it's irresponsible to suggest a Passport will meet their needs.

Posted via CB10
    It's also "irresponsible"not to "suggest" it would or wouldn't be as to me, it's the best device I ever had, love using it so much that he or she could be like me and many, many others and be missing out on the greatest phone they ever had but we all have opinions and can spew them. I suppose there is a line on what people consider lag but I can use screen recorder to show my apps do not lag. How long is Lag to you(?).. for a typical apk to load that is...

Anyway, my main point is I am not lying about lag just because I am a Fanboy. This is true. Only thing bad I can ever say is my first SE had a BBERROR on a update to 10.3.3 which they offered to fix as autoloader didn't work as I was in that small percentage!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 11:59 AM
    If you will use more Browser as Apps, buy an Classic and passport.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    08-04-17 03:21 PM
    I still have not found one app that I wanted and couldn't have except the latest 10.3.3 now crashes showbox mysteriously which just sent me to the much better popcorn time. I have around 60 droid app, will take a shot in the "Droid Crackberry "..

I know they exist but I have not held back but yet to find one except the above mentioned "situation"..

anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-21-17 05:05 PM