So the native whatsapp app stopped working on bb10 today, well in the UK (I have a few friends with the same issue). Maybe it still works for some but that's not what this post is about.
    What are my options now to keep using whatsapp on bb10 please?
    07-19-17 03:39 AM
    Simple, just go to BlackBerry world find WhatsApp click update and should be back to normal, just updated on my z30 in uk no problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 04:15 AM
    Thanks
    So this isn't an end of life thing? They said app support would end in June didn't they?
    It just needs an update of the native app?
    07-19-17 04:19 AM
    Whatsapp has extended support till Dec31. lots of time in the meantime to get a KEYone! What I did went from my Passport SE. BTW whatsapp on Android has so many new features not on the BB10 version. good luck
    07-19-17 05:03 AM
    Brilliant thanks. I didn't know that they extended it.
    Yes Key1 is the next phone but would be nice to not have to pay the release price and be sure that the first batches with the lose screen have all been sold.
    Great support thanks
    07-19-17 05:07 AM
    Yes Key1 is the next phone but would be nice to not have to pay the release price and be sure that the first batches with the lose screen have all been sold.
    Great support thanks
    Well, you could have do some research on the forum before asking. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 05:27 AM
    Great support thanks
    Your welcome. Glad can help.
    07-19-17 05:35 AM
    Yes, I had version 2.16.76.2 which stopped working today and now have a update available to version 2.17.1.2.
    Updated and can use it again..!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 09:55 AM
    I've already seen at least a half-dozen redundant threads on this exact topic. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I see another batch of them tomorrow.
    Unfortunately, this is yet again proof that BlackBerry World is either terrible at notifying users of app updates, or that it makes it way too easy for users to ignore those updates. The last time this happened, we pushed the "extension" update months in advance (rather than weeks), and just as many people had "sudden expiration" issues.
    07-19-17 10:25 AM
    I've already seen at least a half-dozen redundant threads on this exact topic. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I see another batch of them tomorrow.
    Unfortunately, this is yet again proof that BlackBerry World is either terrible at notifying users of app updates, or that it makes it way too easy for users to ignore those updates. The last time this happened, we pushed the "extension" update months in advance (rather than weeks), and just as many people had "sudden expiration" issues.
    Hello
    A lot of users regardless of operating systems just plain ignore updates. In 2017 you are getting constantly bombarded with updates pending that were updated a week ago!! It's really crazy. So not surprised you just ignore and go on.

But is great seeing whatsapp pushing forward and extending lifecycle of the app. Although in my case made the move to BlackBerry Android after the last advisory that June was EOL.
    Need your app for work and personal.
    Thanks
    07-19-17 10:33 AM
    Yes BBW is terrible at notifying app updates. 9/10 times I have to manually update apps

Posted via CB10
    wikison likes this.
    07-19-17 10:39 AM
    Yeah, I haven't seen an app update notification from BlackBerry World since Jul 2015 or so despite the fact that I still get updates every now and then ever since.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    07-19-17 03:48 PM
    My experience was that BlackBerry World was always a touch slow in notifying about updates, the situation you describe I suspect is with lay users.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 04:24 PM
    Yeah, I haven't seen an app update notification from BlackBerry World since Jul 2015 or so despite the fact that I still get updates every now and then ever since.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Perhaps you happen to check soon after the update is made available.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 04:25 PM
    Same thing happened to me on my Q5. Was prompted to update, I did (2.17.1.2) and it won't let me verify my number. Uninstalling/reinstalling does nothing.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 11:57 AM
    Ok, so it has been fixed for me as follows:

- downloaded the Android Apk (I just googled it..2.17.something)
    - installed it and entered my number. The Sms verification was not working so I had it call me
    - ran the BB10 version again, and it took. Entered my code.

Hope this works for someone else.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 02:16 PM
    Firstly I updated the whatsapp then deleted my account on whatsapp. Then put another number and it says update it. But I have already updated. My whatsapp is not working any solutions
    I am using q10
    Posted with love from PATHANKOT, INDIA
    07-23-17 05:51 AM
    Firstly I updated the whatsapp then deleted my account on whatsapp. Then put another number and it says update it. But I have already updated. My whatsapp is not working any solutions
    I am using q10
    Posted with love from PATHANKOT, INDIA
    From what I see the problem might be trying to get things working with a new number. Try the method I used above. Working for me 100%. Once the call verification is done you can delete the Android version.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 11:09 AM
    Ok, so it has been fixed for me as follows:

- downloaded the Android Apk (I just googled it..2.17.something)
    - installed it and entered my number. The Sms verification was not working so I had it call me
    - ran the BB10 version again, and it took. Entered my code.

Hope this works for someone else.

Posted via CB10
    This works like a charm for me. Thanks for the work around.
    08-06-17 09:51 PM
    Speaking about stopping: since WA decided that BB10 doesn't have the right amount features and not enough market share to continue updating the BB10 client, I wonder if they'll now finally pull the plug on the Windows Mobile client as well since it's basically dead now: https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/9/1...-phone-is-dead
    10-10-17 03:33 PM
    Speaking about stopping: since WA decided that BB10 doesn't have the right amount features and not enough market share to continue updating the BB10 client, I wonder if they'll now finally pull the plug on the Windows Mobile client as well since it's basically dead now: https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/9/1...-phone-is-dead
    They never mentioned marketshare when it came to discontinuing support for BB10, it was always about features/API. Anyway, I assume as long as Windows Phone/Mobile has compatible API's they'll keep the app around, this is from a few months ago after all.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/general/26000006/

I wouldn't buy a Windows Phone at this point though.
    10-10-17 03:48 PM