The Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ are two distinct formats. We may see a slider again, and that would be an evolution of the Priv. I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting though.
    I see K1 as an evolution or enhancement of the Priv as BB Mobile heard what the users wanted and were complaining of (you are lucky, few makers do that). You can read throughout these forum people's opinions and complaints about Priv and if you pay attention to that you'll realize that K1 is almost the device BB PKB users needed.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome BB Passport SE
    07-20-17 07:37 AM
    there are so many smartphones out there with the same if not worse issues then the ketone. I am thinking a lot of the issues are user error which is usually the case but not all of them. The biggest problem I see is the lack of support from blackberry for the keyone
    07-20-17 08:00 AM
    I would, in all sincerity, recommend the 3T over the 5 at this point
    Would like to get a 3T but OnePlus discontinues their old models as soon as they release a new one.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 08:29 AM
    Would like to get a 3T but OnePlus discontinues their old models as soon as they release a new one.

Posted via CB10
    I'd go with ebay or swappa for the 3T as software updates/hardware support are wall to wall garbage as it is. I've read horror stories about folks getting scammed on ebay but not really an issue with reputable sellers
    07-20-17 08:56 AM
    I'd go with ebay or swappa for the 3T as software updates/hardware support are wall to wall garbage as it is. I've read horror stories about folks getting scammed on ebay but not really an issue with reputable sellers
    So you're saying their official device protection plans and warranty are no good? That's what was stopping me from buying third party?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 09:05 AM
    So you're saying their official device protection plans and warranty are no good? That's what was stopping me from buying third party?

Posted via CB10
    Most things I've read about oneplus warranty and repair protocols haven't exactly been stellar, but hey, neither has the K1. The vocal minorities online paint a pretty good picture of the worst case scenarios that can occur when you buy a phone either used, refurbished, or off some shady company that shares an office building with one of their main competitors (hello one+).

But for ME, I'm almost more comfortable rolling the dice on a used 3T (from a reputable seller) for around $300 or so than forking out double or more on a 5. I can totally understand protection plans and apple care but that only makes sense to me if you can figure out a way to do that locally. But yeah I've heard their support is garbage
    07-20-17 09:23 AM
    I returned mine and got an S8 for about the same price with the current $200 off Bestbuy promotion. I will admit I will miss the keyone but there were a number of things I couldn't live with.

1. Horrible reception
    2. No Wifi calling on verizon
    3. Not waterproof
    4. Slippery sides (no case i found could fix this)
    5. Limited volume control for individual apps (all or nothing)

I will definitely checkout v2 if they can improve on these things.
    I've had all the S line phones. Good luck in 6 months charging your battery 3 times a day. And glass front and back is just plain stupid. That phone is as slippery as an ice cube. They perform well, if you can keep them charged. I'll never go back to a Samsung phone.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-20-17 09:26 AM
    This phone is engineered to perfection.

Some people fail to see it, but it doesn't change reality.

Keyone is simply the best. A homecooked meal in a sea of microwave meals.
    07-20-17 09:50 AM
    hahaha...all these complaints, but they fail to see the perfection!!

Posted via CBX
    07-20-17 04:55 PM
    I've had all the S line phones. Good luck in 6 months charging your battery 3 times a day. And glass front and back is just plain stupid. That phone is as slippery as an ice cube. They perform well, if you can keep them charged. I'll never go back to a Samsung phone.
    I had an s5 and honestly, it was one of my favorite Android phones. I bought it used just as the s6 was coming out, and the deal was so good I felt a little guilty after.
    I put cyanogenmod on it immediately, not even spending a full day with the Samsung software, and then picked up a spare battery and charger from Amazon (dirt cheap}.
    The phone never crashed or hiccupped on me and the camera was fantastic for the time. And I guess it was nice having a fresh battery waiting for me when I came home after work. I've heard the s8 is very slippery tho
    07-20-17 08:13 PM
    I had an s5 and honestly, it was one of my favorite Android phones. I bought it used just as the s6 was coming out, and the deal was so good I felt a little guilty after.
    I put cyanogenmod on it immediately, not even spending a full day with the Samsung software, and then picked up a spare battery and charger from Amazon (dirt cheap}.
    The phone never crashed or hiccupped on me and the camera was fantastic for the time. And I guess it was nice having a fresh battery waiting for me when I came home after work. I've heard the s8 is very slippery tho
    Agreed s5 was great. Cuz was last of removable battery.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    07-20-17 08:22 PM
    You win some, you lose some. Some will hate, some will love. I love my KEYone. For those who hate theirs, I hope they find a device that makes them happy. Life's too short.
    07-20-17 08:28 PM
    The hate will eventually go away as the new and improved Keynes get released.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-20-17 09:58 PM
    It's CrackBerry, there's always going to be a love/hate relationship with BlackBerry. It's hard to be a fan, but even harder to leave your love.
    07-20-17 10:06 PM
    I will say it. the K1 is the best android phone I have ever owned.

Previously, my Note 7 was "the best", then when to S6 and S7, they were good, but not as good at my old Note 7. after a few months now, I can proudly say the K1 takes the cake. its just perfect for "me"
    I agree so much..i have tried them all and loved several...but not even close to my keyone!!
    07-21-17 01:24 PM
    I think the passport gets the award for best built blackberry if not all phones. Ive had mine for almost 3 years i believe and its stil holding up, no problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 02:24 PM
    People may have fonder memories of other devices, golden age Blackberrys arguably provided a better experience than the keyone relative to their time and other handsets on the market, but in a very real and objective sense this is better.

So much of this is nostalgia about the way we used to feel when BB was king, but pick up one of those older handsets now and they are obsolete pieces of junk.

People may want to point to the passport as something that can still be used as a daily driver. I disagree. Rocking a Passport nowadays is essentially like living in a time warp, its like riding a horse on the road when there are cars available. Why would you cut yourself off from all the rich experiences afforded by Android? BB10 as much as we love it is dead and there are no apps.

The Keyone is without question the Best Blackberry device ever and one of the best phones ever ( certainly my personal favourite ) and we need to start celebrating it more.
    Very well put! As much as I love my Passport I'm way more socially connected now. I still use my Passport for it's amazing video camera though. There are some things on the KEYone that could use some tweaking but overall.....no complaints or deal breakers.
    07-21-17 02:47 PM
    No issues here. I've experienced none of the above problems at all. So far I'd say this is the best Android BlackBerry yet.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    07-21-17 08:28 PM
    The top of the screen has some serious light leaks, branded as a flagship phone, this really should not be happening at all. I don't mind the being a little be slow but have extraordinary battery life, but lately the software updates made it all less tolerable, they should have given the phone a better chip.
    07-21-17 08:38 PM
    Just got my KEYONE past Monday and can certify: this is a beast of a device! It is my daily driver and you know for once don't worry about constantly looking at battery level. At the office we had a meeting which went later than expected. Well everybody with their iphones / LG's / Samsungs had to excuse themselves to charge their devices. They asked me are you not going to charge? Said NO have a BlackBerry KEYone just keeps going. All said at the end of the end how good is a device if you can only get 4 to 5 hours SOC. While with KEYone have reached the insane Crazy level of 7 hours. Again just one example how amazing this KEYONE is! Love it
    Ps for those with incidents that's perfectly normal but sorry it happened to you. BlackBerryMobile without a doubt will offer solutions.
    Good luck.
    Its amazing the peace and profit anyone can have by making smart decisions and leaving apps out of the phone. Its good to see this evidence that they really did do something about droid drain, iphone app drain lmao. Personally I will be sticking with PPSE.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    07-24-17 07:52 AM
    Its amazing the peace and profit anyone can have by making smart decisions and leaving apps out of the phone. Its good to see this evidence that they really did do something about droid drain, iphone app drain lmao. Personally I will be sticking with PPSE.
    Have all and more apps running in the KEYONE than in PPSE. As my SE with outdated Android runtime could no longer cope with the majority of recent apps.
    Yes very smart decision going with the KEYone no doubt.
    Enjoy your SE which I still have but outdated unfortunately.
    07-24-17 08:28 AM
    This
    07-25-17 02:57 PM
    Understand the frustration, I am an old school BB10 user still have classic in box. using Z30. But any phone will give some issues, Apple Genius Bar? not many people are going there to praise Apple. I would be disappointed as well, especially after spending the cash, which I did. But to say it's a POS is a bit overboard. You say mediocre specs but you still purchased it, the specs were clearly posted before hand.
    07-25-17 06:23 PM
    The top of the screen has some serious light leaks, branded as a flagship phone, this really should not be happening at all. I don't mind the being a little be slow but have extraordinary battery life, but lately the software updates made it all less tolerable, they should have given the phone a better chip.
    Sounds like your screen may be lifting if you are seeing major light leak from the Display.
    07-26-17 12:28 AM
    I won't say it. Best BlackBerry-branded device ever built. No issues whatsoever.
    Yeah man. Best phone I have ever bought. Love this thing
    07-27-17 07:38 AM
350 ... 910111213 ...