I am a proud BlackBerry Aurora owner and couldn't be more happier when I finally received the update to Nougat v.7.1.1. I understand this is not the latest, as in 7.1.2., but at least it's now no longer stuck at 7.0.0.

One thing I notice immediately after about a day with the update: the already impressive battery life now gets even LONGER by about 40%!

The downside: the Swipe Shortcuts feature is now COMPLETELY GONE from the device. Even its option can no longer be found in "Setting".

I've been lurking around the crackberry site, and it'd seem that it's not uncommon, as it also happens on the KEYone that is already on the Nougat v7.1.x by default.

I wonder if there's any way I could bring it back on my BB Aurora. I miss it.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 07-05-17 at 10:56 AM.
    07-05-17 09:56 AM
    Interesting.

I guess bringing Nougat in line with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will make future updates more likely, but it would seem that feature is gone. Nothing you can really do about it.
    07-05-17 10:44 AM
    Interesting.

I guess bringing Nougat in line with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will make future updates more likely, but it would seem that feature is gone. Nothing you can really do about it.
    Tsk. Too bad, really. I kinda love that feature.
    07-05-17 11:01 AM
    UPDATE!!!

Just now I tried to invoke the VKB by swiping up from the bottom with two fingers, as I used to do on BB Z10 and Z30. But, instead of virtual keyboard, Swipe Shortcuts was out! Comprises of the last three items that I have set them to be: BB Search, Phone Calls, and the Hub.

Weird. But I'm glad it's not completely gone. Just hidden, and becomes--sort of--an easter egg.
    07-05-17 11:13 AM
    Weird. But I'm glad it's not completely gone. Just hidden, and becomes--sort of--an easter egg.
    Is it bad that I don't know if that's a bug or a feature?
    07-05-17 11:31 AM
    Depends on how you look at it, I guess. If it bugs you, then it fits the description as a bug. If you feel it's useful, then it's a feature.
    07-05-17 11:39 AM
    Depends on how you look at it, I guess. If it bugs you, then it fits the description as a bug. If you feel it's useful, then it's a feature.
    Lack of swipe shortcuts usually gets defended as a feature on the KEYone side of things, but the fact that there's no hardware keyboard to compensate, and, more importantly, they're still there is what confuses me.

This is the second-ever OTA update for the Aurora, I'm guessing?
    07-05-17 11:41 AM
    Lack of swipe shortcuts usually gets defended as a feature on the KEYone side of things, but the fact that there's no hardware keyboard to compensate, and, more importantly, they're still there is what confuses me.

This is the second-ever OTA update for the Aurora, I'm guessing?
    The second? I've indeed read on the news that some buyers got an OTA update when purchasing during launch. But for me, this is my first ever OTA update.
    07-05-17 11:48 AM
    Lol. Pretty sure it's a bug.
    07-08-17 05:40 PM
    Anyone else's swipe shortcuts work from all three buttons, not just the home button? Or is that a thing?
    07-08-17 05:42 PM
    Me too. I have to swipe with two fingers. But it's okay
    08-05-17 04:33 PM
    Me too. But for me sometimes I get swipe up accident when scrolling up. No more accident but I miss it.
    08-05-17 09:24 PM
    Hey guys...it is ok we are missing those swipe gestures but the update gives so many cool features...like noughat launcher cm launcher works flawless like any other android devices and that might also be the reason they have removed it to give us complete stock android experience...I can swear that none of dtek50/60/priv works as smooth as aurora works when it comes to other launchers and android apps...this indonesian company did super job here as aurora works like perfect android device added with smooth bb apps like dtek/hub/notable/power centre...if this phone released with Full HD (1080p) display and premium back cover I could be using this for few years like i used my z3 or z30.
    10-25-17 04:22 AM