I was just reading a artical about BB will still be surporting 10.1.3 and rumored to be having os 10.1.4 not to far off in the distant future! Of course ill only take this with a pinch off salt as seeing is believing, but fingers crossed. I have just bought a Keyone but would love to keep my passport fresh with the latest and greatest OS!!

BlackBerry discusses long-term plans for BB10 operating system, despite recent Android push | Financial Post
    07-03-17 02:57 AM
    Guys, I am still waiting for 10.1.3 on my Passport despite buying it direct from Blackberry last year! So I wouldn't hold your breath...
    07-03-17 03:47 AM
    Wow really? Thats not good mate! I bought one last week and it had 10.1.3 on mine!
    07-03-17 03:49 AM
    Sorry it should say 10.1.3 not 10.3.3 duh lol
    07-03-17 03:51 AM
    Old article. Nothing has been worked on since last Christmas. BB10 is over.
    07-03-17 06:18 AM
    Sorry it should say 10.1.3 not 10.3.3 duh lol
    You mean the reverse?

Any update will probably have minimal changes without significant differences for the end users.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 09:15 AM
    RIP my friend i did enjoy our time together!!
    07-03-17 07:42 PM
    Yeah, still on 10.3.2, sorry for the typo. But even 10.3.3 is coming out at the speed of the slowest snail. Every couple of months I check with Blackberry, what they said as of yesterday was "Thank you for providing us with the IMEI for your device. I can confirm you will receive the update in time, however the 10.3.3 update is being rolled out in waves over the coming weeks and months. As the update was released globally we are not able to provide a date as to when you will receive it. We appreciate your patience with the update. ". So there are probably millions of 10.3.2 users who are still waiting.
    07-04-17 03:50 AM
    I'm still waiting for the update on my Passport SE bought from Selfridges in London, UK. Hasn't it been roughly a year since we were told we'd get this update, and that there would be another one afterwards?
    I know that the differences will be small, but I heard that the browser is better after the update, which would be good, as the stock browser is terrible now, and paid browsers are pretty much as terrible too..

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 06:14 AM
    I'm still waiting for the update on my Passport SE bought from Selfridges in London, UK. Hasn't it been roughly a year since we were told we'd get this update, and that there would be another one afterwards?
    I know that the differences will be small, but I heard that the browser is better after the update, which would be good, as the stock browser is terrible now, and paid browsers are pretty much as terrible too..

Posted via CB10
    Can't 10.3.3 be loaded using autoloader or were those pulled?
    07-04-17 06:57 AM
    Autoloader or Sachesi, no problem.
    07-04-17 07:02 AM
    No, they're still up. Since they're unofficial repackages of BlackBerry software their existence is independent of the original files and up to the uploader (which usually ends up being me).
    07-04-17 08:27 AM
    If it does finally drop, I bet it will be snappier....I miss those leaks!
    07-07-17 10:25 PM
    Next update is 10.3.4 according to Mr. Chen. And the BlackBerry Mobile Team.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    LMAO. They've said no such thing....
    08-08-17 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you post under two accounts ATInsider?

And no, TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) said no such thing - as they have nothing to do with BlackBerry or BB10.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-08-17 04:44 PM
    Yeah, still on 10.3.2, sorry for the typo. But even 10.3.3 is coming out at the speed of the slowest snail. Every couple of months I check with Blackberry, what they said as of yesterday was "Thank you for providing us with the IMEI for your device. I can confirm you will receive the update in time, however the 10.3.3 update is being rolled out in waves over the coming weeks and months. As the update was released globally we are not able to provide a date as to when you will receive it. We appreciate your patience with the update. ". So there are probably millions of 10.3.2 users who are still waiting.
    Waiting for what in OS10.3.3?

There is no real benefit - mostly the NIAP certificate, but I don't know if I will ever handle NSA-classified stuff.

And an "awesome" anti-fishing filter in the browser.

Oh, and the Facebook-integration is cut off.

Also, youtube playback in background (when you multitask or turn off the display) won't work anymore!

So, that's it!

Nothing to wait for.

No runtime update, no browser update, no function update, no Android update...
    Nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 06:27 AM

There is no real benefit - mostly the NIAP certificate, but I don't know if I will ever handle NSA-classified stuff.

Also, youtube playback in background (when you multitask or turn off the display) won't work anymore!

So, that's it!

Nothing to wait for.

Nothing.

Posted via CB10
    But nobody expected that anyway. They let everybody go long before the last update. Android can never be updated beyond 4.3. The PRIV and DTEK models guaranteed that.
    08-14-17 08:44 AM
    But nobody expected that anyway. They let everybody go long before the last update. Android can never be updated beyond 4.3. The PRIV and DTEK models guaranteed that.
    I wouldn't say nobody, as we still get new users that just bought a discounted Passport or Classic somewhere and they want to know about the next update and "when" the Runtime will get updated. (which is strange because who buys three year old phones expecting updates? other than Apple users....)

But yeah in general I think the CrackBerry Community knows that for BlackBerry, BB10 is a part of their history.
    08-14-17 09:18 AM
    It's weird when I use Passport (SE now), as my daily driver - the basic functionality is so good, fast, and the core apps I need still work beautifully (Google Maps, Lyft, Netflix)....I am waiting for the D Day when Google EOL's this version of Runtime. Then it will seem like an old device. Right now it doesn't seem like something 3+ years old.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-15-17 04:03 PM
    I am waiting for the D Day when Google EOL's this version of Runtime.
    They already have. Android 4.4 is already the lowest version supported by Google.
    08-15-17 04:31 PM
    Hands down, the Passport SE still is the best BlackBerry ever made.
    (even if it has quality issues)

+3 years old and it runs like a champ!
    It even don't see any "real" difference in web browsing speed compared to all other flagship devices, which is impressive
    Text editing works like on no other device.

But I highly doubt that we will see any updates for it.
    It will still exist, like OS7 devices do - but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 01:29 AM
    My Passport just started an OTA update to 10.3.31435 today. So I guess Blackberry is pushing the upgrade to the last few tranches of BBOS10 devices. I really wonder why some people got it so much sooner than others. Were there problems with the implementation on Passports?...
    09-12-17 05:51 AM
    They already have. Android 4.4 is already the lowest version supported by Google.
    https://developer.android.com/about/...rds/index.html

As you can see, Android versions of v4.3 and under, taken together, have fallen to 8.1% of active devices, and you can expect those numbers to continue to plummet.

Developers are increasingly targeting v4.4 or v5.0 as the minimum OS version for their apps, to take advantage of new features and security in the higher API versions. As this happens, more and more Android apps will stop working on v4.3 and older, which of course includes BB10.
    09-20-17 12:26 PM

So, that's it!

Nothing to wait for.

Nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think tube in the background (on 3.3) not playing had anything to do with 10.3.3 upgrade....it still worked long after the upgrade....look to Gee Oogle which owns the tube for maybe cutting off BB10's access?....still ....try tube settings "desktop".....you might be surprised! Screen off even. Awesome using the play-on option to your bigscreen TV though (for any video).
    09-20-17 04:12 PM
29 12