Dear friends,

I'm a new BB user.
    So far I'm really liking this phone.

There is one annoyance that I can't get rid of.
    Many times of the day a "network Notification" pops up with various data plan from my service provider.
    To cancel the notification I must press the OK button. Those windows are stacked above one another.
    Sometimes 10 to 20 of these messages comes during night. In the morning I have to hit the OK button 10-20 times to get rid of them.

I googled, few people said it will go if I disable "Cell Broadcasting" -but that didn't help.
    Few people said to call my service provider to stop this service - I'll try that later. This SIM is not permanent. I may get a new SIM from another company.
    The new company may have same problem, so looking for an in-phone solution.

Here is detail of my device:

Model: BlackBerry Curve 9360
    OS Version: 7.1
    Data Plan : NORMAL - GPRS/EDGE
    BlackBerry Plan: NONE (Not planning to get any BB/BIS/BES plan just yet. All software I use are working fine with my current data plan.)

I hope someone can help me on this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails How to disable "network Notification" popup message ?-networknotification.jpg  
    10-05-12 08:24 AM
    If cell broadcast didn't disable it, than it probably is an message (most likely SMS) sent by your network operator. You need to contact them to disable it.

JP
    troubl3dman and iPrank like this.
    10-08-12 12:05 PM
    you are on a prepaid plan, these popups are your sim card alerts allowing you to always be informed of how many minutes/credits you have remaining so that they can get you to top up without losing service
    iPrank likes this.
    10-11-12 01:09 AM
    Sorry for late reply.
    Thanks a lot for your comments.
    troubl3dman is correct. These are balance notification.
    But as IMO and GMail is connecting to internet several times day, I'm getting these popups several times a day.
    I'll contact my service providr and request to stop this feature.
    10-15-12 12:27 AM
    Its simple only send SMS."START 0" to 121 , final solution.
    06-11-14 07:29 AM
    Kindly deactivate CALL BROADCASTING on your smart phone
    OPTIONS> DEVICE> ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS> CELL BROADCASTING then uncheck the box ENABLE CELL BROADCASTING and save.
    pls note this resolution is for OPERATING SYSTEM 6 and above
    09-27-14 06:34 AM
    Man this cell broadcasting thing won't work for this . We will have to find the new way for this .
    10-03-14 11:19 PM
    Send START 0 to 1909. You will get a reply sms. Reply Y TO 1909. Automatically the sms from customer service and also the flash sms after 1 week
    07-06-17 10:45 AM
    I have the same problem!
    Enable cell broadcasting option is grayed out in my Cell Broadcasting configuration and always checked, so I can't turn it off. When I sent start 0 to 1909, 121 and 611611, service is not available for the first two and keyword is not supported for the last!
    I am on Bold 9900 with 7.1.0.1098 OS.
    Last edited by BloodyPrince; 11-06-17 at 10:32 AM.
    11-01-17 08:57 PM
    I have the same problem!
    Enable cell broadcasting option is grayed out in my Cell Broadcasting configuration and always checked, so I can't turn it off. When I sent start 0 to 1909, 121 and 611611, service is not available for the first two and keyword is not supported for the last!
    I am on Bold 9900 with 7.1.0.1098 OS.
    All it turned out to be, it was displaying saved on SIM card text messages. I had to put my SIM card in a different phone and delete them manually because my BlackBerry DOESN'T display TEXT MESSAGES SAVED ON SIM CARD in text messenger app!
    02-28-19 09:57 AM