Hi,

just updated my bb app world and it didn't allow it to finish and gave the error message "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" .... I've tried a battery pull as well as deleting the app and reinstalling it via the mobile site ...

please help ... this stuff drives me craxy

Thanks,

Steve
    12-17-11 07:15 PM
    I am having the same error after trying to updateApp World. Have tried deleting and reinstalling along with several battery pulls and this has not worked.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
    12-17-11 08:07 PM
    I just got this phone tonight. And same problem. Anyone find how to fix it yet??? plz help
    12-17-11 11:49 PM
    Same boat with the rest of you. App world icon is gone (still). I have deleted and installed and battery pulled several times, all with no success. After battery pull, received "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.noclass DefFoundError" three times before errors cleared, and I was at the home screen. Still no App World icon even though it shows up in the Applications list.

Bold 9700
    OS 5.0.0.602
    Carrier AT&T
    12-17-11 11:58 PM
    You need to re-load the OS onto your phones.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ial-and-leaked
    cander likes this.
    12-18-11 07:38 AM
    I've been a staunch defender of BlackBerry but right now I'm feeling done. I updated my App World and like so many others I also get the ''Uncaught exception:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Really RIM? Your own native app and you can't get it right? Didn't you test it first?

I've lived with the crappy browser. I've lived with the limited apps. I've resisted the iPhone hype, but I can't see supporting a company that seems to lack the ability to get even simple things right. And now the release of their latest phones has been delayed to late 2012?!

I have another year and a half on my contract; either I buy it out and get an iPhone or I wait it out and hope that RIM gets their act together. I like my BB for the thngs it does so well, especially email. But that is all for naught if I have to spend my time troubleshooting.

End of rant
    Last edited by gebco; 12-18-11 at 10:24 PM.
    12-18-11 07:52 PM
    i got the same problem with my storm... it doesn't work anymore... how can i do all this things with my OS 5!?!?! did anyone find a solution for this matter?
    12-18-11 09:50 PM
    i got the same problem with my storm... it doesn't work anymore... how can i do all this things with my OS 5!?!?! did anyone find a solution for this matter?
    I've done extensive searching today and nothing has worked. I'd like to find a way to install the previous version.
    12-18-11 09:57 PM
    So frustrated!!!!
    12-18-11 10:26 PM
    I'm running Storm 2 with OS 5. I went here on my phone browser:

RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE

and downloaded BlackBerry App World v3.0.1.29 (OS5) which is an earlier version.

So far so good.
    12-18-11 11:01 PM

and downloaded BlackBerry App World v3.0.1.29 (OS5) which is an earlier version.

So far so good.

---------------
    I too found a couple of references to reinstalling the earlier version, both from the same site you refer to. Any hints on how to get it onto my BB once I download it (to my PC temp / download directory). I don't want to try something "brave" and screw up the BB as a consequence.

This is one of a series of BB failures, lock-ups and reboot problems I've had since the summer. I'm starting to think "iphone" for Christmas ... ...
    12-19-11 10:25 AM
    You need to re-load the OS onto your phones.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ial-and-leaked
    If you're suggesting it did this work for you?
    12-19-11 10:45 AM
    ---------------
    I too found a couple of references to reinstalling the earlier version, both from the same site you refer to. Any hints on how to get it onto my BB once I download it (to my PC temp / download directory). I don't want to try something "brave" and screw up the BB as a consequence.

This is one of a series of BB failures, lock-ups and reboot problems I've had since the summer. I'm starting to think "iphone" for Christmas ... ...
    You need to make sure that the new version is deleted from your phone by going to Options, Applications, Add ons and delete App world. Reboot. Then navigate to the site I mentioned on your phone browser and click on the link there. It will take you to the install page. I installed the first one for OS 5.
    12-19-11 12:54 PM
    Well, the fix was a bit of a pain, but I love the new look. Was running ver 5, and went ahead and did the update. BB apps is back, and like the new look and feel of ver 6 os. Thanks to Andyahs for the suggestion to reinstall the os.
    BTW after the update on the BB app store, the icon looks very different from 5, so do not assume it is gone.
    Thanks for the help andyahs
    12-19-11 03:05 PM
    Spoke too soon. Mistook Crackberry superstore for BB app store. However, loaded that too with no problem. Ignore comment on icon.
    12-19-11 03:55 PM
    Just reload the OS, then avoid updating appworld once done. I haven't encountered that issue at all when I loaded appworld onto my wifi only, deactivated 9700. So I guess it's intermitted.
    12-20-11 12:09 AM
    I was having the same problem and heres how I fixed it. I downloaded OS 6 update from my computer to my phone (from blackberry main website) I didnt know this but I called Koodo and had to put a BlackBerry data plan on my cell plan. I took the SIM card out of my Android and just threw it into my BlackBerry. I was having all kinds of issues. I was wondering why I could not set up my email, why I could not use BBM, etc. One I did the update. Got the BlackBerry data plan. Then downloaded AppWorld, it worked. So did everything else. Hope this helps.
    12-20-11 12:58 AM
    RIM has fixed this for devices running OS5 (see KB Article) KB29364-After upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.56 error message "Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" occurs by posting a new version (3.1.0.58). I think it has something to do with the new BlackBerry Identity App (RIM's versio of single sign on) but I haven't seen any write ups to confirm that. I tested this on my OS5 device and looks good so far.
    12-22-11 08:29 AM

So far so good.
    This worked for me - thank you!
    12-22-11 12:18 PM
    I tried to download this earlier app store version (BlackBerry App World v3.0.1.29 (OS5)) on my 9700 and it wouldn't work. My phone (OS5) wouldn't allow the download.
    01-09-12 05:50 AM
    I was getting this message at each re-boot too. I googled the error message and found this link:

KB29364-After upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.56 error message "Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" occurs

I followed the workaround suggested by going to the Blackberry Appsworld on my device and downloaded the 3.1.0.58 directly to my 9700, did a re-boot, and all was well. I didn't delete anything or have to re-install any software. I can log into my App World without errors, and it works without any issues. It has a new look to it which I like.

Let me know if it works for others as well.
    Hope that helps!
    01-09-12 07:28 AM
    one solution for all:::::::: uncaught exception error.

step 1 : reamove all sms ( need then backup thru blacberry protect)

step 2 : reamove all mails ( need then backup thru blacberry protect)

step 3 : reamove all history in chat application ( even go to option and dont save histore choose)

final process:::

step -4 go to option then application management then application list.

step -5 select application one by one and edit the permission tab and give the permission ""allow" to all application one by one.

step -6 if not response then you may delete social application chat as yahoo,gtalk, and live mesenger or whtasup or facebook for additinally if need then or leave it here..

step- 7 you may re install again and remember to give permission for application " allow" in every section mentioned there.

step - 8 dont linked contacts or address book with others application beside bbm.

step 9 - as we all did many times pull the battery and reboot

step 10- install bbm listed reboot application for reboot

step 11- install memory booster

step 12- the again reboot

for your information :

contact book address is the major issue for "uncaught exeptiop error" handle the contact book gentle dont combine with others application dont install third party application if do then give permission and reboot by "reboot application"

second: no upgradtion require there is the method to swipe the blacberry cause of this action remove contact and application which syncronise between datas as contact and mails and sms...with application thats the reason for uncaught application...

enjoy the all blacberry without error!!!!

mail me at [email protected] for any suggestion..

rgds,
    varun
    07-14-12 04:02 AM
    FWIW, I simply re-installed the same version of Appworld that I had (4.something) and the problem went away.
    07-01-17 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD