Just bought a used but pristine Z30 for $38 shipped from "the bay." Love it. Getting used to the size jump from my Z10, have a screen protector and silicone case ordered. I may go back and forth with my Z10 from time to time, as it is just such a convenient size for pants pocket carrying. It is amazing what a difference the 5" screen is from the 4.2". The only thing about the device I don't like are the volume buttons - these seem much easier to bump/trigger than the Z10. The case should help that, once I have , though. I was quite impressed with how clean this unit is and how well the battery holds up. I can get two days without recharging, I don't think this unit had seen much use at all. For $38, it's a damn steal. I shut off auto-update so I won't have to worry about 10.3.3 messing up a good thing!
    06-23-17 03:51 PM
    I can't believe I won a Z30 for $20 + shipping on Ebay. (Albeit with a faulty SIM card slot.) Have no intention of using it as a phone; can see using it as a mini-tablet/phablet to watch Netflix or stream from other sites. Already have a Q10, OG Passport, and PlayBook (which the Z30 may replace over time), so completely unnecessary, but for the bidding price I wanted to give it a shot. I look forward to trying it out.

Next, will wait for the P9983s to come down in price.
    That's pretty good. I've also got a Z30 with a faulty Sim reader but I got ripped off and paid full price for it. I don't see any point selling it though if $20 bucks is what I'll get. I'll find something for it.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I just bought a nearly mint Red Q5 for $20. I don't particularly need it but I couldn't pass it up.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 06:30 PM
    Z30 is my third fav...

1. Passport SE
    2. Q10
    3. Z30

Posted via CB10
    I like this list. I love the Q10. In my opinion it has the best BlackBerry keyboard. And the backlight is also the best on a BlackBerry keyboard I've seen.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-24-17 08:28 AM
    Love mine kinda loathe to change so I'm not going to

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 04:34 PM
    I am in the yes the Z30 is still a great device camp. Have a second one ordered here for Monday delivery go zzzz!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 04:48 PM
    Amazing device for the current money. Just modified my Z10 NOS dock to fit Z30. Great phone. Have a Dtek50 but hard to love.
    06-25-17 04:36 PM
    The STURDY buddy Z30. Never lets me down. I lost count of how many times it slipped my hands.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    06-26-17 12:06 AM
    I have a Passport SE and Att version as my daily driver. My Z30 is only used on wifi due to dropping the Verizon service. At the moment I am using it listening to music and working out as the sound quality is the best. Many times I have come very close to adding service back to it as I miss the form factor and ease of use.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    06-27-17 07:31 AM
    I have a Passport SE and Att version as my daily driver. My Z30 is only used on wifi due to dropping the Verizon service. At the moment I am using it listening to music and working out as the sound quality is the best. Many times I have come very close to adding service back to it as I miss the form factor and ease of use.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    It'll work on att, just not all features work. When I went to straight talk with mine even though it was a Verizon branded one they told me it wouldn't work with a Verizon SIM but it would with an att SIM. I used it that way for awhile.
    06-27-17 08:55 AM
    It'll work on att, just not all features work. When I went to straight talk with mine even though it was a Verizon branded one they told me it wouldn't work with a Verizon SIM but it would with an att SIM. I used it that way for awhile.
    Thank you for the heads up on this, unfortunately I attempted to try my ATT Sims but they are Nano and the Z30 is Micro. I may just put it back on Verizon as ATT service not the greatest some places I have to travel.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    06-27-17 10:00 AM
    I had a SIM that could be punched out for all. Kept the outer from punching nano out and used that to make it micro again.
    06-27-17 10:06 AM
    Same as usual. Patch the apps with Cobalt's solution.
    You can use m.uber.com just email support to have your account use the mobile site and they will allow your account to use it via that.

Then put a home screen shortcut for the site.

Oh and the Z30 is awesome. Use it as my daily driver.

Purchased the Keyone for VZW but I didn't like how Android is too fragmented of an OS as well as the weak call quality in NYC area, so I returned it.

BB10 is so much more fluid and conducive when it comes to a fast-paced business environment.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 07-08-17 at 05:20 PM.
    06-28-17 11:36 PM
    I on my second Z30, first is beaten but my daughter still uses it. Now I hate Android UI with passion so I really wanted to convince myself to get iPhone, but you launch iOS and fxxing Safari has adress bar on top of the screen, multitasking is bolted on compromise et cetera, et cetera.
    So I stay on Z30.
    07-07-17 05:55 AM
    Traded my midrange droid for a z30. Best deal I ever had even if I'm the third owner of this device.

Posted via the awesome  BlackBerry Z30 on 10.3.2.2876
    07-09-17 10:15 PM
    I still have my OG Passport and my Z30. I moved on to an LG V10 after they disabled WhatsApp. I had all of Cobalts patched apk's. But I could not get WhatsApp to work with full functionality. I even tried Disa which was pretty close to a good solution.
    I really like my V10, but regardless what I do, whether I add BlackBerry Hub, and launcher, I do not love my V10 as I did my Passport and Z30. The battery life on the V10 sucks. I am going to scrap my Passport since the battery keeps getting hot and no matter what, won't last over 5 hours. The battery seems defective. But my Z30 holds strong. I can go over a day still on it. I am itching to come back to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 09:08 AM
    Every now and then I break out my Z30, it is in perfect working order, like new, and I always marvel at how smooth and fluid it is. I wish there would be an updated BB10 device, my DTEK50 is OK but it is noting like a true BB10.
    07-17-17 11:09 AM
    Still enjoying my Z30 since 2014 I won't change even if no whatsapp support. No android or IOS for me. I have no issues and it works as day 1. I like the fact that I can plug in a USB hub with three memory sticks along with my wireless mouse and connect to my TV via hdmi and watch videos. Too awesome still to change.

Bold 9900 > Z30
    I had that wish for the Passport...which is now somewhat broken. I bought a z30 as its replacement. I immensely enjoy using my white z30! I have used it to view content on my HDTV via micro-hdmi...but never occurred to me that it would support both a mouse? How about a PKB? What do I need to make it work? Any specific or special drivers needed? TIA!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 04:08 AM
    Not disposing my Z30 either. I keep it even though I upgrade to the priv phone. The Z30 battery life is great.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 04:36 AM
    Z30 is a great device, although I must admit that the web browser just doesn't cut it anymore. Also, started to loathe having to patch this and patch that to make the device relevant, so.. the keyone arrived today, but I'm definitely keeping the Z30 as a backup. We all use Android phones for work now so the transition shouldn't be too much of a shock. While I'm going to miss the great, innovative touches built into BB10 and the Z30, on a personal note I've just got to make the switch.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 02:24 PM
    I'm a writer in film/TV, use a Z30 (before that, Z10). Director on a project I'm doing uses a Passport. Just back from a film festival this summer, president of the festival uses a classic. My experience is people like these phones and must be compelled to switch. Evolution browser with default Google Search works fine. Also, when I was in Italy, with my laptop and a spare Android phone, my Z10 was the only device that would reliably connect to their crappy wifi.
    Last edited by scrannel; 07-24-17 at 08:50 AM.
    ots1960 likes this.
    07-24-17 08:37 AM
    My wife loved her Z30. It got wet in her golf bag during a shower and it died. It almost restarted after we dried it out, but got that dreaded BBerror message. It was dead.

I gave her my spare Passport, but she couldn't get use to it, so we found a white Z30 on Amazon for $159, refurbished I think. It works fine and my wife is quite happy. A great smartphone. She doesn't use a lot of apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 02:36 PM
    I seriously question the thought process that goes into some of these thread titles, and the necessity of creating threads for things like this in the first place.
    07-26-17 02:39 PM
    I seriously question the thought process that goes into some of these thread titles, and the necessity of creating threads for things like this in the first place.
    Explain yourself.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 10:23 PM
    Explain yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I think he meant to say,

"I seriously question the thought process that goes into some of these thread titles, and the necessity of creating threads for things like this in the first place."
    07-27-17 10:27 PM
    I think he meant to say,

"I seriously question the thought process that goes into some of these thread titles, and the necessity of creating threads for things like this in the first place."
    That's not helping, Chuck.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 10:29 PM
84 1234