Yes. Most of what Knox offers is via EMM.

It doesn't really have a front end for individuals.
    Yep, I kind of thought that was what it was before, but never really read too much into it. But someone on here posted it as an example of how a secured Android is easily possible for non BlackDroid users, so I thought maybe I was wrong about it... Back to square one I guess...
    06-24-17 09:56 AM
    Yep, I kind of thought that was what it was before, but never really read too much into it. But someone on here posted it as an example of how a secured Android is easily possible for non BlackDroid users, so I thought maybe I was wrong about it... Back to square one I guess...
    He's not wrong though. It is a solid implementation, but as I said, its advantages are more tailored to the corporate arena.
    06-24-17 10:02 AM
    one plus 5 is a much better phone it isn't close. The only advantage I would give the key one is battery life. Op5 has more ram , a much better cpu/gpu, more internal storage, and is easy to rom so you never have to worry about your phone getting updated. Buy the one plus 5 and install blackberry services and you have the best of both worlds.

I don't understand the draw to keep purchasing unsupported and overpriced BlackBerry hardware. I have a LG g5 with BlackBerry services. It is the best BlackBerry I ever owned. Sd 820, 4gb ram, removable battery, Rgb notification led. I have BlackBerry keyboard, Hub, calendar, everything I want. I moved on from BlackBerry launcher it is a little too buggy for me but all of my BlackBerry apps still work with arrow launcher
    I have a g5 and the bb launcher is buggy on the g5.
    This is not true on other phone.
    Not sure what LG did with their phones but it is not bb faults and definitely LG's.
    The launcher seems better on the V10. But I am sure on a pixel it probably runs flawless like it is meant to run.
    06-24-17 10:27 AM
    The App is for business, the components Samsung have built into their phones are for regular users, most of them you will not even know are working in the background until you try root the phone or have some sort of security breach.

When a Samsung phone boots up and is running it still goes through a similar thing of Integrity Verification etc... hence if you do root a Samsung, Knox will lock you out of certain features and apps in your Samsung when the security criteria are not met.

Knox is every Samsung Custom ROM makers nightmare.

This image that I put up before is a description of how the user side of it works, it's both hardware and software

This is the lighter side of things of Knox that is built-in to all Samsungs:
    06-24-17 10:32 AM
    Of course the OP5 is a good device but it's all subjective. I tend to like the K1 PKB and can go faster on it than a glass keyboard but that's me. At the end of the day it comes down to the shape of the device and how well it performs for your hands. The 625 in the K1 is the most efficient mobile processor Qualcomm has ever put out thats why we get such great battery life but I like the 835 as well. For anyone that got the OP5 good luck it's an awesome device and the software is definitely impressive.
    06-24-17 10:39 AM
    Well just to add fuel to fire loll

The s8 is already readily had for $629 cad, perhaps less via trade in promos. Won't be long before the Samsung stores start doing their insane trade in promos as well.

If you're smart about it, and also patient, you can easily acquire top top top flagships for waaay less than the $1000 they launch at. So I always laugh when people try to say BlackBerry products were good value as if my only other option for top specs have to cost $1000. Even the G6 can be had for $600 cad now.

My s7 at $540 cad, all in, when it wasn't even one year old yet. That was good value.

The G4 at $320 cad all in (about 1 year post launch), was even better loll

Op5 is ok BUT, it's just as overpriced as the Keyone imo. The only reason I forked over the $540 cad back in 2014 was because of the exclusive factor because they ran on an invite system and they really were on par with other flagships. Now, oneplus is making compromises on specs and they're not that much cheaper...

That dual camera is so useless, they think just because Apple's dual lens does that artificial bokeh, that's what they should do as well loll.

LG's wide angle 2nd lens is what more devices should be following.

Just some food for thought.

So my opinion on the Keyone pricing isn't unique to BlackBerry only.

Edit: and for my American brethren, you can get an s8 for $425 or s8+ for $525 via promo direct from Samsung....in a few months they'll be doing these same prices but throwing in free gear vr or gear fit bands loll
    Last edited by evodevo69; 06-24-17 at 10:33 PM.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-24-17 07:45 PM
    Yeah it seems like a lot people think that op5 is overpriced. A lot of people here in crackberry doesn't think K1 is overpriced. How's K1 camera compared to OP5?
    06-24-17 08:29 PM
    Yeah it seems like a lot people think that op5 is overpriced. A lot of people here in crackberry doesn't think K1 is overpriced. How's K1 camera compared to OP5?
    I'm just going to assume, same software since that's by BlackBerry, better sensor...

The priv camera was not good, not to me. But I'm used to top camera phones.

So it's probably going to better than the Priv by a bit.

Already tried the shutter speeds and autofocus on the keyone , it's slow. It's not 2011 slow or BlackBerry Passport slow, but compared to companies that focus on the camera, it's pretty obvious that it's an afterthought. Camera launch not fast enough, auto focus not fast enough, shutter speed not faster enough, and low light is not good enough. Not to me.

This is my opinion. If you think your keyone camera is great then good for you! More power to you. After all, the best camera really is the one you have on you.
    Last edited by evodevo69; 06-24-17 at 10:57 PM.
    06-24-17 08:35 PM
    S8 is $624 at bb right now unlocked if anyone is interested. Not a pkb, but flagship device for a good price. Video camera on the k1 in darker areas was laggy, but that could be all software and maybe hardware.

Thing to remember, there are plenty of members here that came straight from previous blackberry devices. With that transition the k1 is a big upgrade, although i felt that the speaker, mic and call quality was better on the classic.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-24-17 11:14 PM
    A friend of mine got the OnePlus 3T, and is loving it, he imported it from Dubai.

If you do not NEED a physical keyboard I'd say go for it, especially the 128GB 8GB RAM model, there is nothing else the KEYone really has over it. Android 7.0 already covers the security areas that DTEK did.

OnePlus are trying to be the Apple of Android, controlling both Hardware and Software so they don't make deals with carriers and all that, and their Android UI is mostly stock Android.

Treat yourself
    They do make deals with carriers. Here in the UK, O2 has an exclusive deal to distribute and sell them. The black 3T was also exclusive to O2.
    06-25-17 05:17 AM
    So my opinion on the Keyone pricing isn't unique to BlackBerry only.

Edit: and for my American brethren, you can get an s8 for $425 or s8+ for $525 via promo direct from Samsung....in a few months they'll be doing these same prices but throwing in free gear vr or gear fit bands loll
    great value? lets see how ebay value goes... K1 still north of 700 USD. let's see how after market value goes (assume you want to trade in or re-sale after you move on to the next great thing): 9900 still claim north of 200 CAD, same as 9860. What happen to the same gen of sammy? double digit the most. value? you have to take in to consideration of full life cycle, instead value now. IMHO.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-26-17 07:35 AM
    I did not give an amount, the fact is there are people who carry 2 Devices, they are all over this forum dude
    I also personally know people who do it to.

A few are on the forums and I know absolutely ZERO who carry two devices. I agree there's a very small minority that carry two devices just like BlackBerry's market share.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 07:34 PM
    I carry 2 at all times, same goes for 40+ members in my team. There reasons for it, but the biggest thought recently - we want to place a barrier between work and personal. Nothing worse texting or using a phone and receiving an email from he client giving you the rails.

I have used one phone for business and personal use for the last 15-20 years . It's never been an issue for me. That is why I love the HUB - works beautifully for business and personal emails. I don't see the need for two phones -BYOD has eliminated the need.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 07:59 PM
    man ur friend dont want u to get the keyone thers no comparetion offcourse go for the keyone .. unliss ur teanager and want the phone for games ... then it dosent matter ..
    07-11-17 09:48 PM
    LG is Korean.
    07-13-17 04:09 AM
    I use a Keyone and a OnePlus 3t with BlackBerry services loaded. While I love the PKB, the nagging BT issue along some lag and crash issues I tend to use the Keyone during the week for work and flip over to my OP3T on weekends. I paid 285USD for my OP in Shenzhen back in March, it came with a load of accessories along with 2 chargers. Both are decent handsets.
    07-13-17 04:54 AM
    great value? lets see how ebay value goes... K1 still north of 700 USD. let's see how after market value goes (assume you want to trade in or re-sale after you move on to the next great thing): 9900 still claim north of 200 CAD, same as 9860. What happen to the same gen of sammy? double digit the most. value? you have to take in to consideration of full life cycle, instead value now. IMHO.
    Yea sure whatever you say - BlackBerry holds their resale value. Yup the 9900 sells for over $200 cad.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 06:50 AM
    Yea sure whatever you say - BlackBerry holds their resale value. Yup the 9900 sells for over $200 cad.

Posted via CB10
    Is the exchange that bad for CDN$ ? I just bought a new 9860 for $20 last week. Guy wanted $50 to start and then realized it was 6 year old BBOS7 and took my offer.
    07-13-17 07:44 AM
    what happen to amazon? K1 currently listed 660, 670 USD, the 549 no longer exist (last night).... not even pre-order... purge old stock for the screen lift? contract end with amazon/BB? hopefully, K1 is not limited edition... that will jack up the resale value... (1st handset increase price after initial launch... S8, S8+ all decrease sell price after...hehehe).
    07-13-17 08:08 AM
    Is the exchange that bad for CDN$ ? I just bought a new 9860 for $20 last week. Guy wanted $50 to start and then realized it was 6 year old BBOS7 and took my offer.
    Loll not that bad!

I was being sarcastic!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 08:13 AM
    I dunno, Africa? Of course I know it was made in China. What's your point?
    The point is that K1 is made by TCL, a company known for making the cheap Alcatel phones. If K1 didn't have a pkb and BB services it will cost well below the Oneplus
    07-13-17 08:20 AM
    The point is that K1 is made by TCL, a company known for making the cheap Alcatel phones. If K1 didn't have a pkb and BB services it will cost well below the Oneplus
    The Idol 5S (the Snapdragon model anyway) should have almost the same internals as the KEYone, but without as much markup.
    07-13-17 09:08 AM
    I'm trying to decide between a fence and a rock garden. Thoughts?
    MikeX74 likes this.
    07-13-17 09:46 AM
    what happen to amazon? K1 currently listed 660, 670 USD, the 549 no longer exist (last night).... not even pre-order... purge old stock for the screen lift? contract end with amazon/BB? hopefully, K1 is not limited edition... that will jack up the resale value... (1st handset increase price after initial launch... S8, S8+ all decrease sell price after...hehehe).
    Higher price listing are from third parties who bought KEYone and now are reselling attempting for a profit..
    07-13-17 09:50 AM
    I'm trying to decide between a fence and a rock garden. Thoughts?
    Either way, remember your neighbors will expect you to keep it updated and secure. Better go with both...
    07-13-17 09:53 AM
301 ... 10111213