just realized the last post was from 2013, and i probably wont get a reply
    02-28-17 01:44 PM
    I'm popping my head into this thread because I just ordered a white 9810 off of eBay and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive after it's slow journey from China! I bought this phone as a collector and don't intend to really use it, other than the occasional weekend out of curiosity.

I was all about the 9780 and 9900 when the 9800/9810 came out so never really gave this device much attention. When I got the PRIV a year and a half ago, that was my first BlackBerry slider and since then, I've always been curious about the Torch. Now I'm looking forward to revisiting BB OS7! It's been over 4.5 years!
    xenh likes this.
    06-14-17 01:07 PM
    I think you'll enjoy it. I still use my 9780 as my weekend phone.
    06-14-17 01:12 PM
    My 9810 arrived today! What a compact little dynamo of a phone! I didn't care much for it when it came out in 2010 and 2011 as I was more focused on the Bold. However after getting the PRIV when it first came out, I was intrigued by the slider form factor and was curious about this legacy device.

Happy to finally have one in my fleet although it likely will never achieve Daily driver status. I'm thinking of making it my mp3/podcast player. Anyone got any good recommendations for apps?

xenh likes this.
    06-20-17 12:50 PM
    I picked up an unlocked AT&T 9810 as my only phone. Everything I need works fine except for MMS. Can't quite get that to work yet.
    06-23-17 12:46 PM
    I picked up an unlocked AT&T 9810 as my only phone. Everything I need works fine except for MMS. Can't quite get that to work yet.
    Save time and energy, add BIS.
    xenh likes this.
    06-23-17 01:46 PM
    Save time and energy, add BIS.
    The VMN I use doesn't offer it and I won't spend money on it. Got MMS working on old Curve I was once had.
    06-23-17 01:49 PM
    Nothing like waking up the dead. Regardless, I bought a 9800 about two months back but I'm a collector and it now sits in a display cabinet
    06-23-17 02:19 PM
    I have no idea why tapatalk posts inmates sideways
    06-23-17 02:20 PM
    I have no idea why tapatalk posts inmates sideways
    Maybe they've got a problem with felons?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 04:26 PM
    Maybe they've got a problem with felons?
    D'oh images
    06-23-17 09:27 PM
    Nothing like waking up the dead. Regardless, I bought a 9800 about two months back but I'm a collector and it now sits in a display cabinet https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9df7d270ca.jpg
    Impressive display! And that's just the bottom shelf! I'd love to see what the rest of it looks like! Did you post pics in the collectors thread? I'll have to go check.

I suddenly have this urge to add a Storm to my collection now!
    06-25-17 10:09 PM
    Impressive display! And that's just the bottom shelf! I'd love to see what the rest of it looks like! Did you post pics in the collectors thread? I'll have to go check.

I need another display case. I have a few more things enroute
    06-25-17 10:34 PM
    Those Dev alpha devices are sweet! Thanks for sharing!
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-25-17 10:58 PM

I've got a storm on the way.
    06-26-17 12:40 AM
    I've got a storm on the way.
    Storm 1 or Storm 2?
    06-29-17 09:27 AM
    Storm 1 along with a 8130 red and a curve 9300
    Last edited by Carjackd; 07-02-17 at 11:43 PM.
    07-02-17 01:14 PM
    9810 is my all time favorite design. Got one on eBay for $8 a few months back. Wish it wasn't such a pain to switch between devices I absolutely love it for email/messaging
    xenh likes this.
    07-02-17 08:34 PM
    I keep posting in the wrong thread
    Last edited by Carjackd; 07-08-17 at 10:02 PM.
    07-04-17 04:56 PM
    And again
    Last edited by Carjackd; 07-08-17 at 10:03 PM.
    07-08-17 09:12 PM
    Ordered me a 9810 last night switching over from a Pearl 8130.
    xenh likes this.
    08-13-17 10:40 AM
    Hi guys!
    For better understanding of my presence here, first my "profile":
    -no clue about BB...got it like a virgin pregnant...see below
    -not much of a clue about smart phones in general..still hate even the thought to "caress and flatter" the screen, what never get me where I want ...gave it a try last year, after 1 week I exchanged it for a camera.
    -so I stuck to my antique but excellent keyboard phone...which was constantly embarrassing friends and family
    -sadly after 14 years my true old buddy "is losing it" more and more...and I started to panic...now what?
    -immediately my UK-nephew gladly jumped in, a true BB-maniac, and sent me a brand new BB9810Torch from his spare bulk. "Aunty, its about time, it has your beloved keyboard, you will figure it out"...was his brutal comment.
    BUT, now I am in Greece with my pretty BB and dont know how to work it here...no supports no nothing here for BB! Also Google Greek is no help...probably he is not understanding my Greek.
    My contacts with the providers here in GR left me with "same question different answers"...and every time much higher operating costs.
    Result, dont understand nothing any more, and no one confident and trusty to ask, so I landed here.
    At least I found you guys still using the Torch, and I also found a Greek member here. May be he can help me figure out whats really necessary here in GR for my BB...without killing my wallet.
    Was it my lucky day yesterday? ...guys, I really hope so!
    Or am I a totally hopeless case?
    Kal Pan likes this.
    11-09-17 08:03 AM
    Just got my 9810, I absolutely LOVE this phone! Keyboard is a little small but I got used to it quickly. Runs so fast and has amazing battery life!
    xenh likes this.
    01-22-18 08:45 PM
    Hi again, long time no see!
    since my last post here so much has happened around me the last 4 months that I put my Torch to work 2 days ago. I hope someone is still looking in here?
    I spent the last 2 nights to explore it, and managed to make and receive calls, setting calender, contacts, SMS, Bluetooth, make pictures, facebook, alarm clock, WiFi/WLAN ...I think thats it. And I really dont need much more.
    What I dont really know is, "what do I actual have?". After so much reading and watching on YT...I get more and more confused. Reading my device status it says:
    -Torch 9810 with a PIN
    -OS version 7.1.0.2807...is that my software status?
    And here comes my first question:
    >>>am I up to date? I tried once "search for update" using the link in the BB, but got "page not found". Should I update? If yes, how? As I already stated, I have no clue at all.
    Second:
    >>>What I wanted to do, but it was not working is to SEND a MMS (a picture), nowhere. SMS works just fine. I did all 100 times exactly as in the user guide...what is the problem?
    How can I achieve to send pictures? -using my old provider package (SIM Vodafone Greece) from my old Nokia6700s, where MMS were working just fine.
    I dont know if my post here is in the right place, if not, where should I post it? Thank you for any advice.
    04-23-18 02:49 PM
    Hi again, long time no see!
    since my last post here so much has happened around me the last 4 months that I put my Torch to work 2 days ago. I hope someone is still looking in here?
    I spent the last 2 nights to explore it, and managed to make and receive calls, setting calender, contacts, SMS, Bluetooth, make pictures, facebook, alarm clock, WiFi/WLAN ...I think thats it. And I really dont need much more.
    What I dont really know is, "what do ! actual have?". After so much reading and watching on YT...I get more and more confused. Reading my device status it says:
    -Torch 9810 with a PIN
    -OS version 7.1.0.2807...is that my software status?
    And here comes my first question:
    >>>am I up to date? I tried once "search for update" using the link in the BB, but got "page not found". Should I update? If yes, how? As I already stated, I have no clue at all.
    Second:
    >>>What I wanted to do, but it was not working is to SEND a MMS (a picture), nowhere. SMS works just fine. I did all 100 times exactly as in the user guide...what is the problem?
    How can I achieve to send pictures? -using my old provider package (SIM Vodafone Greece) from my old Nokia6700s, where MMS were working just fine.
    I dont know if my post here is in the right place, if not, where should I post it? Thank you for any advice.
    04-23-18 03:02 PM
390 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD