Hi guys! ive had this phone for three months now. the past week i have been encountering issues with this trackpad. it scrolls but it wont click!!! if i keep pressing it, it clicks once or twice. other than that it doesnt! did battery pulls etc still nothing! my warranty has expired! what should i do?!
    03-07-12 05:22 PM
    How did your warranty expire after 3 months? I was under the impression that it was a 12 month warranty.

I suppose I should ask where you bought it. Was it new or used?
    03-07-12 09:23 PM
    Did you Upgrade the OS at all or still original.. i had a similar problem where the track pad would scroll up but not down kinda got stuck.
    As soon as i upgraded the OS it fixed that issue.
    03-08-12 10:24 AM
    Wow, I didn't know updating the OS would help a trackpad issue. That is, if the trackpad ACTUALLY doesn't allow the person to "press" it in, physically. If you can do so, but the phone doesn't respond to the pressing of the button, then updating the OS might be the solution. If you have the latest build/leak installed, wipe it and install it again!

Good luck, pal.
    03-08-12 02:30 PM
    The track pad i found was very sensitive and would do things with out me touching it as soon as i upgraded i have had no further issues the phone is running great now for the past two weeks.... Running Leaked OS7.1.0.258...
    03-08-12 06:18 PM
    You could try updating the OS version, if that doesn't work then you might have dirt or something stuck underneath the trackpad, hence causing clicking to be a problem.
    03-10-12 03:16 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I can scroll with my trackpad fine, but it won't click. Now instead of clicking any time I push the trackpad, I usually have to press it about 10 times before it actually clicks enter. Did anyone find a solution to this?!

I have a Curve 9360 version 7.1.0 Bundle 1647 and it says it's all up to date. I don't know why it's not working :/
    12-01-12 02:04 AM
    same issue here, i have to press the trackpad atleast twice or thrice to open up an icon..pretty frustrating.Thinking of getting the hardware checked
    12-01-12 02:17 AM
    mind had same issue couple of weeks ago but since i updated it, it stop giving such problems! try and update urs!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-07-12 07:53 AM
    I am having this same issue, trackpad will move around fine but won't click. How can I update the os if I cannot click anything? Im not very good with blackberry phones.
    05-01-13 04:16 PM
    u can update the OS via pc.... therefore u don't hav to click on the phone.. everything is done via pc.

on another note I noticed my trackpad was very sensitive when I jus got the phone....but now it seems a lil slow to respond. I always try to make sure my fingers don't hav no sort of residue on them. so im not sure as to why the sudden "lag"
    05-02-13 11:17 AM
    you can't do everything on the pc..my trackpad doesn't work at all and i updated some apps including facebook and now i have to click on ' i agree' on the license agreement on my phone.... is there a workaround or shortcut keys i can use for this?
    08-26-13 06:07 PM
    Have you tried cleaning it with a dry Towel? I was surprised that this fized my problem when I was like you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    08-26-13 08:12 PM
    Yeah i had the same issue with my 9700. I took it apart, and the connection of the track pad wasn't fully connected to the back of the mother board, so i just clicked it in, cleaned the inside of the phone a bit, put it back together, and bam! She's working just fine!
    08-29-13 01:26 AM
    hi my trackpad isnt allowing me to click anything; it lets me move around. ive reset it about 5 times left it off and everything; still not working.

HELP PLEASE
    10-28-13 05:51 AM
    Hi! I have a BB8520 but recently, the trackpad stopped working. I took it apart, cleaned it, and snapped everything together, but the trackpad still does not work. I tried several battery pulls, OS downgrade, OS upgrade, formatting the device, taking out the SIM and memory card. I also bought a new trackpad, but it does not work either. Then I stopped trying, and took the battery out for about a day, and the trackpad worked fine! Until I clicked it.. Now, it is stuck again. Before it got stuck, I turned the trackpad sound on, and seconds before the trackpad stopped working, it gave sound, but always jumped back to it's original place (ex.: I entered the menu, and it started scrolling, but jumped back to the first item it was on) What should I do now?
    06-21-17 03:14 PM
    Hi! I have a BB8520 but recently, the trackpad stopped working. I took it apart, cleaned it, and snapped everything together, but the trackpad still does not work. I tried several battery pulls, OS downgrade, OS upgrade, formatting the device, taking out the SIM and memory card. I also bought a new trackpad, but it does not work either. Then I stopped trying, and took the battery out for about a day, and the trackpad worked fine! Until I clicked it.. Now, it is stuck again. Before it got stuck, I turned the trackpad sound on, and seconds before the trackpad stopped working, it gave sound, but always jumped back to it's original place (ex.: I entered the menu, and it started scrolling, but jumped back to the first item it was on) What should I do now?
    Buy a KEYone........
    06-21-17 03:21 PM
    I have an android phone, I just wanted some nostalgia
    06-21-17 04:23 PM
    Good luck. Unfortunately thread died almost 4 years ago.
    06-21-17 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD