I am able to get text messages on my BB from my Banks, Pharmacies, Credit Cards, etc.

However, I am concerned I am NOT getting messages sent to me by Apple, security codes and such.

I know this Messaging has been forum-ed with a lot of discussion however I am still confused regarding Apple desktops, iPhone's, etc.

I CAN send a text on my BB to an iPhone using the cell number, and they can respond and start a conversation.

However, they can not send me a text message. How can they respond to a text message but not send a text message.

i understand that iMessage, and Message are apple apps, but if I can not get text security messages from Apple on my BB that is a big problem.

I have resisted Apple smart phones. I don't like them, however, this incompatibility between Apple, Blackberry, and possibly Android is a big problem.

Most recently Apple imposed Dual Authentication and now email, calendar, and contacts will not sync with the iCloud.

Comments
    06-20-17 12:01 PM
    Last time I switched from iPhone to Blackberry I had to log in to my Apple account on a PC and disable iMessage before I could send or receive texts involving iPhones.

Doesn't sound like this is your issue but maybe worth a try?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 01:49 PM
    This problem is fixed after spending a few hours with apple advanced support. One of the problems is using Mavericks. Mavericks, Mac OS 10.9.5 does not provide a window for two-factor authentication. Therefore you can create new security passwords for BB email, contacts, calendar. Those new passwords need to be inputted for the new account creation on the BB.

So after waiting 3 days for apple to turn me back on I was able to find a Mac Book Pro with El Capitan and generate new passwords for each application. These are long passwords. You use these as the new passwords for BB account creation making the BB a trusted device.

In my opinion this whole process is a mess, way over complicated. Anyway I was able to finally get everything back into the BB. You also have to use Apple ID to allow 3rd devices to be trusted by Apple.

Why????????

Must say the support from Apple was excellent.

As far as I know other than this forum there is no Blackberry support.

When I replace my BB Q10 I may have to do iPhone, bad.

But BB support could have taken the lead on this issue that is effecting many of it's customers.

And if you do not have a more current apple product your BB is obsolete.

Comments?
    06-20-17 04:24 PM
    It indeed sounds like a nightmare. Glad you got it fixed.

Have found Apple support excellent in the past. It's just a pity they turned using iTunes into a harrowing Kafka-esque experience when they launched Apple Music.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-21-17 04:58 AM