When I change it will be for the better from my Q10's. Am still waiting to find a good replacement that has interchangeable batteries, a well designed compact phone and physical keyboard.
    05-07-17 05:35 PM
    When I change it will be for the better from my Q10's. Am still waiting to find a good replacement that has interchangeable batteries, a well designed compact phone and physical keyboard.
    I'm in the same boat but fear Q10 is the end of the line for two of those three requirements

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 05:50 PM
    Just switched over from my Q5 daily driver to my Q10 for everyday use from now on. And just for good measure I bought a back-up Q10!

Posted via CB10
    I also swithed form q5 to q10. You will fell better performance with the q10 and the non slippery feel also

Posted via Q10
    05-07-17 10:39 PM
    Some folks still use the Bold, so Ithe Q10 should be good for years to come.

Posted via CB10
    Praganad and rayporsche like this.
    05-07-17 11:55 PM
    But whatsapp is free and simple to use. I mean if email is so great, why did BlackBerry create BlackBerry Messenger (BBM)?

Posted via CB10
    BBM and other "messengers" are more appropriate than email for "real time" messaging. BBM's origins were to allow you to chat real-time over the sort-of-cellular network, not the Internet. If you're communicating with people overseas, there's a good chance "real time" messaging is not happening. (I'm not saying you can't, I do it all the time for work but there's generally only a few hours at the beginning & end of the day where reasonable times overlap. Or maybe I'm wrong and people are night owls or spend their work hours on personal chats nowadays).

Who knows why messenger apps come and go, remember AIM? Yahoo messenger? GTalk? There's still Line, Viber, Wechat, Skype, Telegram, many others that are just as easy to use. If you think WhatsApp is the only game in town, you've really been hiding under a rock. But of course you HAVE heard of BBM, so why is that not an option? Of course, those of you who know your history might remember the good ol' "talk" which way back over 20 years ago allowed people to <gasp> chat with each other in real-time over the Internet. For free.

If people knew their history they might stop trying to re-invent the wheel. But in this case, not really because Whatsapp isn't so much about giving people a free messaging tool as it is about sucking up your personal data for their profit.

Sorry I do get worked up a bit over this when people claim Whatsapp is "free" and it's the only game in town.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 10:49 PM
    I installed wechat on all my devices and they work great! BBM and wechat might be your best alternatives to whatsapp

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    Yes, there are options. Since I'm cooled down now... :-)
    BBM : why not? Free on BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iOS and Android
    Telegram : BlackBerry World has several clients, some native
    Wechat : BlackBerry World has what appears to be native client, official. As of 1 year ago, it was close to a billion users so this is not small
    XMPP : Hg10 is native client and developer explains very well why each permission is needed and I believe it does encryption. This is a good piece on why you might want to consider XMPP instead of WhatsApp or other proprietary solutions.
    https://gultsch.de/xmpp_2016.html
    XMPP is an open standard, it used to be used for Facebook chat. Guess why they would stopped that?

Is that enough? ...

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 12:34 AM
    I own BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition currently. However I plan on getting BlackBerry Q10 as a backup device, since I really like its form-factor - it just looks and feels classic for years to come.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    05-10-17 06:11 AM
    Recently bought a Q10 to play around with and am finding it to be an excellent handset.
    Solid and well built.
    05-17-17 05:59 PM
    BlackBerry Q10 is my favorite right now, keyboard is perfect, size screen is perfect for me, but the goal is the removable battery,last BlackBerry devices have Inc. battery...BBM is the best app for chat...whatsapp is popular only...

Posted via CB10
    Praganad and rayporsche like this.
    05-22-17 08:16 AM
    I bought a brand new Q10 on ebay a few months ago and it's definitely the best smartphone I've used. I don't need to be on Android because I don't really use any apps.

For me the best things about it are the compact size (I don't need or want a large phone), the keyboard and being able to change the battery easily in the future is a bonus.
    bbnrs and Praganad like this.
    05-24-17 01:42 PM
    It's nice to still see a lot of Q10 users!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 03:23 PM
    I am still using my Q10 from three years ago. I do like it, but it is showing its age.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is true. Getting ready to switch to the KeyOne. Will miss this device, though.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 12:04 PM
    Yes, this is true. Getting ready to switch to the KeyOne. Will miss this device, though.

Posted via CB10
    Keyone looks promising but I've been having issues with my android devices lately, I think I'm starting to see why many peeps dislike the platform. On the flip side though using my Q10 has been nearly flawless! I'm still able to do what I want using bb10 without sideloading. Including Uber, social media, doc editing, youtube ect... still impressed by this little phone

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-10-17 09:43 PM
    Telegram has been brought up already, but the Android APK works pretty well on BB10 (and is what is recommended). Still, an actual Android device is the best option when thinking long term.
    06-10-17 10:39 PM
    When the Z10 came out I was using the 9900 and waiting for the Q10. By the time I have saved the money to buy it, the z30 came out and I bought that instead. No regrets there, other than missing the experience of the q10. After that I got the passport which i've been on now for almost 3years.

The future is looking meh for me as the keyOne is lacking in a few "key" (pun much?) areas: 1.Display is ips lcd and 2. the keyboard looks meh. I toyed with the prospect of Dtek 60 but for me the keyboard shortcuts of a pkb are what makes the blackberry experience what it is.

I did some research to see what other blackberries have a good keyboard and amoled display. Q10 is it. So i'm buying one for $100. I am looking forward to the smaller footprint. I am also looking forward to having access to all my apps I puchased that the don't support the passport. I also don't utilize the power that the Passport has over the Q10. Finally, I don't use any android apps.

It took awhile but I realize I don't need the latest and greatest for my daily driver. I need it for email, messaging/bbm, note-taking, some light browsing and a handful of productivity apps.

Makes me wonder why I fret (lol) so much over these new devices. When the old stuff works better for me, it's time to go backwards and that's ok.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 01:10 PM
    My first BlackBerry was a Z10, and it went on to the ultimate Passport. But recently purchased a Q10 as a used phone out our curiosity. I must say how pleased and thrilled I am with it! Definitely going to purchase a new one and some spare batteries! Loving this compact little powerhouse!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 02:35 AM
    I always Love Q10....i don't know why, just Love it
    There's so many reasons why i Love it.
    It's so beautyfull device..selfphone..love it

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 03:15 AM
    Q10 and 9900 and 9000 the best of Blackberry smartphones!
    06-15-17 04:05 AM
    It is so nice to see someone putting the q10 over the passport experience.

Posted via Q10
    06-15-17 11:34 AM
    Android, like Apple, have their own way of doing things. All work, it's a matter of preference. And we know what we prefer. Speed or simplicity?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 06:45 PM
    I prefer the q10 too as a daily driver. I need to dual carry iphone and pp or q10 for work. Q10 is so much more portable and practical for communication reasons mainly because of it's size.
    I hope that there will be keyone mini in the future but don't know how good android is on small screen.

Posted via CB10
    If they made a key1 mini I wonder if BlackBerry mobile would still use the candy bar form, or maybe something like the Q10 form which is Awesome! I can't help but think that a keyone mini would be the Q10 running Android lol I don't think it would work out. I'd buy it then prolly switch back to the Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 12:32 AM
    I always Love Q10....i don't know why, just Love it
    There's so many reasons why i Love it.
    It's so beautyfull device..selfphone..love it

Posted via CB10
    little beast of all amazing features, anything we can do with this device, or maybe so much better than others...

Q10 ™
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-18-17 02:29 AM
    I use Q10.
    Love dropping it in an empty mug with a podcast running while I'm in the bathroom
    (mug amplifies the sound)
    Love how you can turn off screen and still have audio running.
    Parts are easy to replace too.
    06-24-17 02:33 PM
    I have a Classic (10 months) but just bought a Q10 because it is smaller and easier to carry and use.
    06-24-17 06:04 PM
    Love seeing everyone show love for the Q10! The form factor and size makes this such a great communication device! I have both android and apple devices but BlackBerry 10 and BBOS still work the best for me!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 08:16 PM
211 12345 ...