The reason I ask is that I currently have a Classic through Verizon Wireless and I'm eligible for a new phone on March 14, 2017. I really want the best of Blackberry and Android, and I've been toying with getting a Priv on March 14th which Verizon carries. However, I would prefer the Keyone as the technology is more up to date, and it has both a physical keyboard which I need and want and a bigger screen than the Classic I currently have. I know that Verizon has recently updated their Privs to the Marshmellow OS, but that still isn't the Nougat of the Keyone. Does anyone have any wisdom to share before I lay out my $$$$?
    02-28-17 12:28 PM
    Yes it should be coming. Now how it will be sold remains to be seen. its possible it will be sold like that Moto phone was direct to the public at full retail, or its also possible the Verizon version will come out after the GSM version.
    02-28-17 02:17 PM
    The reason I ask is that I currently have a Classic through Verizon Wireless and I'm eligible for a new phone on March 14, 2017. I really want the best of Blackberry and Android, and I've been toying with getting a Priv on March 14th which Verizon carries. However, I would prefer the Keyone as the technology is more up to date, and it has both a physical keyboard which I need and want and a bigger screen than the Classic I currently have. I know that Verizon has recently updated their Privs to the Marshmellow OS, but that still isn't the Nougat of the Keyone. Does anyone have any wisdom to share before I lay out my $$$$?
    Well, just remember that even though you are eligible for a new phone, you don't have to get one on that day.
    02-28-17 07:53 PM
    It will most likely not be available through Verizon at launch. It will be available for Verizon at launch. Whether it eventually gets branded, remains to be seen.
    FF22 and pkcable like this.
    02-28-17 10:56 PM
    If you just got your phone paid off be sure to call to request month to month billing...they don't tell you but you'll end up saving $25 a month per line.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 09:10 AM
    Jessica: Hi! I can assist you with determining if you can bring your device to our network.

You: I was looking to purchase a Blackberry Keyone when they are released, and was wondering if it would work with Verizon?
    Jessica: Welcome to Verizon Wireless Sales chat!

Jessica: Whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?

You: ******* ********
    Jessica: Nice to meet you, ********!

Jessica: I'll be happy to assist you today

You: Thank you!
    Jessica: Yes, the Blackberry would be compatible on Verizon

You: The Keyone?
    Jessica: Yes

You: Would I need to purchase it through Verizon or is it ok to buy it through Blackberry?
    Jessica: You can purchase it through Verizon when it comes avilable.

You: Ok thank you so much for your help Jessica! You've been super helpful!
    Jessica: My pleasure

Jessica: Are there any other questions that I can help you with today?

You: That's it, thank you Jessica!!
    Jessica: It's been my pleasure assisting you today! Thank you for chatting with Verizon Wireless! Have a great day!
    beemm likes this.
    03-23-17 04:05 PM
    Now that we have a date, we need to flood Verizon's social media with pleas that their salespeople don't chase people away from it. Happened to me last week, the guy actually sneered. Maybe if we remind them that this is a fresh new item, and old friend to many, with a KILLER battery life, they may actually get some fresh sales. I'm going to be polite, but insistent. (And yes, I am going back to that store to speak with the manager about my experience now that we have a release date.)
    04-27-17 06:49 AM
    The CDMA unlocked variant will work on Verizon and is sold alongside the GSM variant at launch. If you are talking about a Verizon specific version, that will probably launch a while later.

Posted via CB10 on my  Passport
    04-28-17 07:25 AM
    Fall 2017

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 07:21 PM
    Well, all reviews I've seen so far have been positive overall. Main gripes I hear have to do with the camera's image stabilization and performance in low light, and the people who aren't impressed by the choice of 625 processor. They're all Android users though and are reviewing the phone as if it were a Galaxy or Pixel so I'll give them a pass. Coming from a BlackBerry Classic, I know the hardware will be just fine for me. Everyone agrees the battery life is a beast and I'm most excited for that. Really hoping to hear an official announcement from Verizon soon. I'm thinking I want to migrate all of my family from BB10 over to this phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 09:35 AM
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/bb100-02-working-verizon-1108514/

This is interesting guys
    05-15-17 09:42 AM
    Well, I was able to get a CDMA version pre-ordered on Amazon. Anyone else get theirs ordered? I've been seeing a lot of posts saying the Amazon site is "Temporarily out of Stock" for both the GSM and CDMA versions. I still don't know when mine will ship, but I'm so glad I was finally able to order it.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-01-17 07:42 AM
    My CDMA KEYone still in the verizon store trying to get activated. Apparently since my

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 09:35 AM
    My CDMA KEYone still in the verizon store trying to get activated. Apparently since my

Posted via CB10
    Did you get it to work? I asked about doing it today at my store. He just cautioned me to only buy the phone if I can return it in case they cannot set it up.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 06:41 PM
    No store involvement necessary, unless it's to get a SIM. Mine is working great, including HD calling.
    07-04-17 07:12 PM
    but I assume still no WiFi calling. HD calling has to work for WiFi calling to work. crappy thing is the WiFi has been crap here at work the last couple days so it's really not helping much
    07-04-17 07:43 PM
    but I assume still no WiFi calling. HD calling has to work for WiFi calling to work. crappy thing is the WiFi has been crap here at work the last couple days so it's really not helping much
    Hey Medic... Did you get a CDMA KEYone yet?
    07-04-17 08:15 PM
    If anyone wants to try wifi calling test, download secure settings database app from the play store. You'll need to grant the app permissions via adb to change anything. It will give you the code when you try to change something. under global settings, change wfc_ims_enabled to 1. Then add a shortcut using quickshortcutmaker under the settings section to turn on wifi calling. Screenshots attached. Just fyi, change these settings at your own risk and a reboot will most likely reset everything.
    07-04-17 11:46 PM
    Did you get it to work? I asked about doing it today at my store. He just cautioned me to only buy the phone if I can return it in case they cannot set it up.

Posted via CB10
    I had to get a new sim because the Sim I had previously did not fit the KEYone had the Z10. K1 was not showing up in the VZW system and the new sim would not allow calls. But. Alas all is well. He gave it onr last shot before I left and lo and behold the phone was in the system. It did finally work before I left the store.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 01:22 PM
    Hey Medic... Did you get a CDMA KEYone yet?
    Nope. I probably won't until either Verizon carries it or the WiFi calling works. I'll wait till spring anyway if Verizon doesn't carry it. My priv is still going strong. Will have 2 years on the priv by spring.
    07-06-17 01:50 PM
    Nope. I probably won't until either Verizon carries it or the WiFi calling works. I'll wait till spring anyway if Verizon doesn't carry it. My priv is still going strong. Will have 2 years on the priv by spring.
    Has anyone gotten all the Verizon features to work yet?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 07:04 PM