What will happen if I use the whatsapp apk from the google play store with waa fixer after the support for the native whatsapp for BlackBerry 10 drops later next month?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 11:18 AM
    Wait, I'll just use my crystall ball...meh, nothing.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-28-17 11:23 AM
    Ad has been said in many other threads, we won't know until this goes into effect. The Android version may or may not work. If it does work, not all features may be available.

Whatsapp has stated that the service will stop supporting BlackBerry 10 devices, not the BlackBerry 10 app. It may be that it will not work on a BlackBerry 10 device regardless of which app is used.

We'll find out soon.
    05-28-17 12:12 PM
    As has been said in many other threads, we won't know until this goes into effect. The Android version may or may not work. If it does work, not all features may be available.

Whatsapp has stated that the service will stop supporting BlackBerry 10 devices, not the BlackBerry 10 app. It may be that it will not work on a BlackBerry 10 device regardless of which app is used.

We'll find out soon.
    05-28-17 12:13 PM
    You need to qualify this statement, or it will get misinterpreted as it often is.

WhatsApp has only ever supported the BlackBerry 10 app on BlackBerry 10 devices.

WhatsApp has never supported the Android app on BlackBerry 10 devices.

The Android app only works on BlackBerry 10 devices due to the Android Runtime, but does have issues. These issues may increase over time, simply due to a lack of testing, platform differences from "real" Android devices, and support for this use case in general.

Therefore:
    WhatsApp is stopping support for the BlackBerry 10 app, which runs on BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    05-30-17 10:44 AM