Typing on the 9790 could take a while to adjust to because of the curve edges of the keyboard on the left and right.
    It has an autofocus camera which is better than that of the 9900.
    I really like the design of this model.

Posted from my  Passport
    Yup from what I remember my 9790 had the same 5 MP camera that my 9780 had complete with auto focus. I remember reading years ago that 5 MP is all one needs to take a perfect photo, as long as one does not need massive blowups for a billboard or the side of a bus....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    04-12-17 07:07 PM
    Yep, I would go with the 5 MP, and for large size picture it is the job of the real camera. It will give the picture more than just the number of pixels. 5 MP is enough for the massive number of pictures which we would take and store on hard drives or memory cards and hardly ever open them up again, not until we get to 70 or so.
    Was it Sammy who started the pixel race?

04-13-17 07:31 AM
    Yep, I would go with the 5 MP, and for large size picture it is the job of the real camera. It will give the picture more than just the number of pixels. 5 MP is enough for the massive number of pictures which we would take and store on hard drives or memory cards and hardly ever open them up again, not until we get to 70 or so.
    Was it Sammy who started the pixel race?

Ya good point!!!! Smaller MP means less space used on the device or on the Micro SD Card.

Could be Sammy but I remember a Nokia all touch device I was considering getting back in 2011 (but I got the 9780) called the N8 or something and I think it had an 8MP camera if I recall correctly. I think that was more than what the iphones had back that early. But yeah the MP race really took off after that. I personally think a bigger sensor size is better than a higher MP count because it is like having a larger negative live my old Ricoh Auto 66 medium format camera and the blowups had absolutely NO grain.

Of course cameras are fantastic now on phones

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    04-13-17 05:15 PM
203 ... 789