Anyone having issues with WhatsApp? My daughter reported that it stopped working on her Z10, with the announcement that her phone isn't supported anymore. That is 4,5 month too early...
    01-18-17 12:44 AM
    Anyone having issues with WhatsApp? My daughter reported that it stopped working on her Z10, with the announcement that her phone isn't supported anymore. That is 4,5 month too early...
    Go to BlackBerry World (App Store) and update WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 12:53 AM
    Txs, that worked. :-)
    01-18-17 04:18 AM
    Hey dkonigsberg_wa,
    thank you for the great work!

Is there a way to extract to the Key-file from my BB-Q10 Whatsapp-Backup? The one generated for Android, *db.crypt8..
    I would like to decrypt mine and transfer chat history from Android-format to iPhone..
    01-18-17 04:46 PM
    Hi,

New here. Trying to migrate from the BlackBerry 10 app to the Android app.

Would this work if I installed the WhatsApp Android version on my BlackBerry 10 device? If so what folder would I be transferring the data to?

Thanks.

I know its been a frequent request to be able to move one's message history between platforms. The problem is that not only do all of our platforms use different methods for encrypting message history backups, they also use completely different formats for the message history databases themselves. As such, implementing this capability would require a potentially complex import/export process. In addition, simply moving the data between phones can be a challenge. Not every phone supports an SD media card, cloud backup services aren't as easily accessible on all platforms, and either of these methods could be too complicated for the average non-technical user.

That being said, many of us are starting to face the long term reality of the BlackBerry 10 platform. With the introduction of the BlackBerry Priv, its clear that many are deciding to move on to Android. Since its introduction, the frequency of requests for an Android migration path have dramatically increased.

Because of this, I've decided to do what is necessary to make this possible. In the new beta version of the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236), if you go to the "Media Settings" screen, you'll find a new button labeled "Export conversations for Android". This button launches a process that does all the hard work to convert your BlackBerry 10 message history into a format that is compatible with our Android client. It requires an SD media card to function, and takes a while to process. Once complete, you can move the SD media card over to an Android phone, move the data to the internal storage (if applicable), and restore the backup.

I want to stress that this feature is unsupported and currently only available for beta users. Officially, our stance on moving message history between platforms has not changed. I encourage you to help others on these forums with this feature, when they ask about migrating their data.

Sincerely,
    Your foolishly faithful and dedicated BlackBerry 10 client developer
    01-19-17 06:00 AM
    Are you using the Android WhatsApp on your BlackBerry 10 device?
    01-19-17 06:04 AM
    Are you using the Android WhatsApp on your BlackBerry 10 device?
    No, I am using the Blackberry version of WhatsApp with the experimental support for backup-export in Android-format (onto the sd-card)
    01-19-17 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the instructions. Finally worked for me. Missed out the moving the files from SD card to Android phone internal memory. Once i did that, the transfer of history was complete and successful! thanks!
    03-01-17 04:05 AM
    In not sure if you can use snap chat to work with Whatsapp but I found this article.

WhatsApp for BlackBerry: How to download WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10 - PC Advisor
    04-04-17 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the instructions. Finally worked for me. Missed out the moving the files from SD card to Android phone internal memory. Once i did that, the transfer of history was complete and successful! thanks!
    Same thing here. :-) After moving the files Whatsapp installed and imported history on my new Keyone
    07-18-17 06:03 AM
    Can I have the WABeta? I can't find the "Contact Support" button
    10-05-17 10:05 PM
    By any chance could someone advise how to send videos on Android what's app? I'm using bb z30. Everything else works, video calling, messages, I can receive videos but can't send. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 12:58 PM
    I know its been a frequent request to be able to move one's message history between platforms. The problem is that not only do all of our platforms use different methods for encrypting message history backups, they also use completely different formats for the message history databases themselves. As such, implementing this capability would require a potentially complex import/export process. In addition, simply moving the data between phones can be a challenge. Not every phone supports an SD media card, cloud backup services aren't as easily accessible on all platforms, and either of these methods could be too complicated for the average non-technical user.

That being said, many of us are starting to face the long term reality of the BlackBerry 10 platform. With the introduction of the BlackBerry Priv, its clear that many are deciding to move on to Android. Since its introduction, the frequency of requests for an Android migration path have dramatically increased.

Because of this, I've decided to do what is necessary to make this possible. In the new beta version of the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236), if you go to the "Media Settings" screen, you'll find a new button labeled "Export conversations for Android". This button launches a process that does all the hard work to convert your BlackBerry 10 message history into a format that is compatible with our Android client. It requires an SD media card to function, and takes a while to process. Once complete, you can move the SD media card over to an Android phone, move the data to the internal storage (if applicable), and restore the backup.

I want to stress that this feature is unsupported and currently only available for beta users. Officially, our stance on moving message history between platforms has not changed. I encourage you to help others on these forums with this feature, when they ask about migrating their data.

Sincerely,
    Your foolishly faithful and dedicated BlackBerry 10 client developer
    Hi all, and thank you for this useful information.

I just switched from Classic to KeyOne and I'm trying to export my whatsapp history from one to another. It seems I succeeded in exporting it to the SD card using my old Classic but now I don't know how to make whatsapp in my new KeyOne recognise it. When you say "move the data to the internal storage" how can I do it? And how will WhatsApp search for it so the info will be restored?

I appreciate any help, thank you very much
    12-22-17 04:20 AM
    Hi all, and thank you for this useful information.

I just switched from Classic to KeyOne and I'm trying to export my whatsapp history from one to another. It seems I succeeded in exporting it to the SD card using my old Classic but now I don't know how to make whatsapp in my new KeyOne recognise it. When you say "move the data to the internal storage" how can I do it? And how will WhatsApp search for it so the info will be restored?

I appreciate any help, thank you very much
    Have you tried these steps on Android?

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/20887921#restore

Once you login to WhatsApp for the first time it should detect the backup and ask if you want to restore it.
    12-22-17 12:01 PM
    The generic version goes something like this:
    • Make sure WhatsApp is not installed on your Android phone
    • Install a file manager app on your Android phone (e.g. "Solid Explorer", "ASTRO", or any of the numerous others)
    • Use the file manager app to navigate to the "Internal Memory" area, and if there is an existing "WhatsApp" folder in the list (because you had previously tried installing WhatsApp on the phone) then delete it
    • Insert the SDcard containing the export from WhatsApp on BB10
    • Use the file manager app to navigate to the SDcard area, select/long-press on the "WhatsApp" folder there, select Copy, navigate back over to the "Internal Memory" area, and select Paste
    • Wait for the file manager to finish completely copying the directory, then quit it
    • Install WhatsApp from Google Play
    • Go through the WhatsApp verification/setup process, and it should find a local database backup that it can restore

I can't tell you "which keys to push," because those specifics will vary depending on which file manager you're using (and I don't have an all-encompassing test rig in front of me). But I can tell you that this sequence has worked for me in the past.
    12-22-17 12:51 PM
    If your Keyone is on the latest update (December 2017) it should have a built in file manager now from BlackBerry (called Files I think).
    12-22-17 01:14 PM
    I tried to move my mum from the native WA to the Android version on her Passport but it keeps searching for backups and never finishes, not even after letting it run for 8 hours. Installed the latest version from the Play Store. Does anyone have a solution?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    12-28-17 04:20 PM
    I tried to move my mum from the native WA to the Android version on her Passport but it keeps searching for backups and never finishes, not even after letting it run for 8 hours. Installed the latest version from the Play Store. Does anyone have a solution?

Is it searching for local backups or backups from Google Drive?
    12-28-17 04:23 PM

When a message pops up saying that the device needs Google services do not press 'ok'. Press the back button on the screen. It will work then.
    12-28-17 04:40 PM
    Is it searching for local backups or backups from Google Drive?
    It's searching for local backups.

12-28-17 11:20 PM
    It's searching for local backups.

Odd, and you don't have any local backups right?

Can you delete your existing WhatsApp install, reboot the device, and reinstall the apk from here and see if that works?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    12-29-17 12:04 AM
    Odd, and you don't have any local backups right?

Can you delete your existing WhatsApp install, reboot the device, and reinstall the apk from here and see if that works?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    Did everything you said, but it still keeps on searching for backups and never gets past that...

12-30-17 03:38 AM
    Did everything you said, but it still keeps on searching for backups and never gets past that...
    Try the other suggestion from IvanTheTerrible, click somewhere else than OK in the Play Services warning, I found that very same suggestion in another forum and it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-17 07:55 AM
    Try the other suggestion from IvanTheTerrible, click somewhere else than OK in the Play Services warning, I found that very same suggestion in another forum and it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Great suggestion, but you murdered Ivan's name. 😁
    12-30-17 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    But the searching for backups screen is past the Play Services warning, so that doesn't help at all.

12-30-17 09:42 AM
2,220 ... 8485868788 ...