03-23-09 11:45 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    I didn't have any problems yesterday (nyc resident) but did on Friday around 4pm EST for over an hour. They told me there was a northeastern outage then. What's going on at vzw???
    There are two possibilities:

1) 3g towers being upgraded

or...

2) Data system being maintained

I really have no clue of why there was a northeastern outage. Not only northeastern, some in Cali and some areas across the US are experiencing the same thing.
    03-23-09 11:10 AM
    I am out in Buffalo NY too...it really sucks too, but the strangest thing is, I am out, but my boss' BB Curve works!
    03-23-09 11:11 AM
    I am out in Buffalo NY too...it really sucks too, but the strangest thing is, I am out, but my boss' BB Curve works!
    I think this has something to do with Storm and 3g BB devices only. All other VZW BB devices seem to have no problem with the outage.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody?

EDIT: I've been proven wrong since you are using 8330 which is not 3g compatible.
    Last edited by Dragoneer; 03-23-09 at 11:18 AM.
    03-23-09 11:15 AM
    i was in the verizon store upgrading from ol' flip phone to a blackberry and the guy was going nuts trying to figure why nothing was working
    03-23-09 11:18 AM
    Which 3G are you talking about?

All the Verizon blackberries since the 7250 have been EVDO capable?

I think this has something to do with Storm and 3g BB devices only. All other VZW BB devices seem to have no problem with the outage.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody?

EDIT: I've been proven wrong since you are using 8330 which is not 3g compatible.
    03-23-09 11:36 AM
    Which 3G are you talking about?

All the Verizon blackberries since the 7250 have been EVDO capable?
    That's a very good question. I have two blackberries; one for personal use and the other one for work purpose. I own a Storm which shows 1XEV and 8330 at work that also shows 1XEV. But my Storm didn't work while the vzw 8330 was still up and running during the outage.

Again, I really have no clue. *sigh*
    03-23-09 11:45 AM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD