What happened to all those free apps they promised us 2 months ago due to the outage? There are only 12 free apps but there should be 30. What gives?????
    12-20-11 10:58 AM
    Who said 30?
    It was said that the total value of the apps will be equivalent to $100, and it is.
    12-20-11 10:59 AM
    Who said there were going to be thirty?
    12-20-11 10:59 AM
    wow thirty i dont remember that number. here is an article from pc mag specifically stating

"In the wake of a massive three-day outage that left customers around the world without access to BlackBerry services, Research in Motion said Monday that it would offer several premium apps at no charge.

The apps will be available for download from October 19 to December 31. RIM is starting with a dozen apps worth approximately $100, though more will be added.

The apps include: SIMS 3, Bejeweled, N.O.V.A., Texas Hold'em Poker 2, Bubble Bash 2, Photo Editor Ultimate, DriveSafe.ly Pro, iSpeech Translator Pro, Drive Safe.ly Enterprise, Nobex Radio Premium, Shazam Encore, and Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant."

heres the link

RIM Offers Free Apps After BlackBerry Outage | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    12-20-11 11:08 AM
    I only have 11 in my list on Appworld. I think what you see depends on your device and which apps are compatible with your particlular phone.
    12-20-11 11:09 AM
    Cheer up, more opportunities for free apps in the New Year perhaps.
    12-20-11 11:17 AM
    they said by year end. they still have a few weeks
    12-20-11 11:28 AM
    meh, the only ones worth getting are Shazam, Nobex Radio, Picture Editor, and maybe Vlingo.

They were free so Im satisfied.
    12-20-11 11:57 AM
    yea i use nobex and vlingo, thats about it
    12-20-11 12:24 PM
    I hope that these didn't represent the "BEST" paid apps available for the platfrom.

Really think RIM needs create a few really great apps for the BB for themselves.
    12-20-11 12:44 PM
    they said by year end. they still have a few weeks
    The offer was so condescending and insulting, it is in RIM's best interest to NEVER mention it again.

I wonder how much CIO mindshare they lost when they offered $100 of apps as consolation for days of downtime.
    12-20-11 01:20 PM
    meh, the only ones worth getting are Shazam, Nobex Radio, Picture Editor, and maybe Vlingo.

They were free so Im satisfied.
    The one's worth getting are the ones that are of value to you.

I hope that these didn't represent the "BEST" paid apps available for the platfrom.

Really think RIM needs create a few really great apps for the BB for themselves.
    Nobody ever said anything about "Best". All RIM ever said was Premium apps, meaning they aren't free apps.

The offer was so condescending and insulting, it is in RIM's best interest to NEVER mention it again.

I wonder how much CIO mindshare they lost when they offered $100 of apps as consolation for days of downtime.
    I might say that RIM did not have to offer anything. That they offered several free apps is of value to most of the Blackberry users. It's free. If you don't like it, don't take it.

[off semi-rant]
    menaknow likes this.
    12-20-11 01:37 PM

Wow. I bet it's fun at your place on Christmas morning.
    12-20-11 01:47 PM
    Thanks everyone. I have been waiting on bejeweled so I guess ill keep waiting
    12-20-11 08:44 PM
    Thanks everyone. I have been waiting on bejeweled so I guess ill keep waiting
    Bejeweled as well as all the other apps tht were on the list have been released already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-11 09:04 PM
    Wow. I bet it's fun at your place on Christmas morning.
    Well, we perform as expected.

Seriously, after not being able to provide basic service for days due to asinine errors, an offer of a year's free BIS might have meant something. Imagine you had 1,000 pharma reps out of business for three days. And you are offered 1,000 copies of some games and utilities to make you feel better. Far worse than nothing.
    12-20-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD