This afternoon around 4:30 PM EDT my BlackBerry 9780 rebooted. Whenever it starts, the boot completes and as it's searching for the network, the device reboots again - an endless cycle.

I went into Rogers and they told me I was the 63rd person today with the issue and that it was a RIM problem affecting Milton / Burlington, Ontario. I can't find anything on Google to confirm this and I have a phone that's currently unusable.

Anyone else experiencing the problem?
    08-28-12 07:02 PM
    This afternoon around 4:30 PM EDT my BlackBerry 9780 rebooted. Whenever it starts, the boot completes and as it's searching for the network, the device reboots again - an endless cycle.

I went into Rogers and they told me I was the 63rd person today with the issue and that it was a RIM problem affecting Milton / Burlington, Ontario. I can't find anything on Google to confirm this and I have a phone that's currently unusable.

Anyone else experiencing the problem?
    im not sure where they get their info....sounds like your phone is bricked......read this How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    08-28-12 07:26 PM
    im not sure where they get their info....sounds like your phone is bricked......read this How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for your reply carullo and at first I thought that was the case too. Just seems very odd that this would happen to so many people simultaneously. I happened to bump into a guy on the way out of Rogers with the exact same problem that started today.

I'll keep your article handy just in case.
    08-28-12 07:29 PM
    yeah i can see that been weird.....update on your progress.. hope you get it resolved,good luck
    08-28-12 07:40 PM
    Are these certain Rogers people for real lmao.

How are they employable, especially in an esoteric industry. :s
    08-28-12 07:41 PM
    im not sure where they get their info....[/url]
    Crystal ball whilst on the pipe it sounds like.
    08-28-12 07:45 PM
    Looks like the folks at Rogers were right. Issue appears to be resolved now and my phone successfully booted up fine.
    08-28-12 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD