Hi everyone. Just got an email from Verizon Wireless about the new Droid Turbo and it has some interesting specs/features. Particularly the 48 hour battery life, Turbo charging which gives you 8 hours life in 15 minutes of charge time. Also has 5.2" screen, 2.7 gig quad core and 21 mp camera. The phone also boasts a ballistic nylon backing with aluminum edges, and two other back cover options made of glass weave.

I would like to see some of these things integrated into the Z10 successor. I personally am desperately wanting an all touch successor to my Z10 since I can't get the Passport.

What do you guys think?
    JoseMercedes likes this.
    10-30-14 08:47 AM
    We all want a true Flagship device.... with these cool feature, rapid charging, water proofing, real camera lenses, fingerprint/heart sensor, bendable...

Just have to wait and see what BlackBerry does next year..... think they are going to have to do like always and be conservative as the Z10's successor is going to need to fit within the budgets of entry level corporate.... or they are going to have to bring the Z3 here as has been suggested.

A replacement for the Z30 is our best chance for a "wow" device..... but I don't think BlackBerry can afford or should even try to out "wow" Android.
    10-30-14 09:21 AM
    I agree with you. We can't try to out "wow" android. But I hope that the z10 successor isn't relegated to be the entry level device, and instead leave that for the z3 variant. The Z10 form factor with a bigger screen is the right size for me. The Z30, or the new Z50, is just too big for some of us. A 5.5" device, as rumored by some, is huge. I hope that both the Z20 and Z50 are both high end, kind of like iPhone 6 and 6+ are for Apple.

But hey, I want a Passport so what the hell should I care about size?? LOL
    10-30-14 11:20 AM
    BlackBerry cannot "out-wow" android phones, but they should focus on figuring out what features BlackBerry consumers would really appreciate (wireless a/o turbo charging) waterproofing would be nice, but I also feel like only tools need it - quit texting while wiping people!

BB for Life
    HotFix likes this.
    10-30-14 05:13 PM
    Hi everyone. Just got an email from Verizon Wireless about the new Droid Turbo and it has some interesting specs/features. Particularly the 48 hour battery life, Turbo charging which gives you 8 hours life in 15 minutes of charge time. Also has 5.2" screen, 2.7 gig quad core and 21 mp camera. The phone also boasts a ballistic nylon backing with aluminum edges, and two other back cover options made of glass weave.

I would like to see some of these things integrated into the Z10 successor. I personally am desperately wanting an all touch successor to my Z10 since I can't get the Passport.

What do you guys think?
    I won't lie, the new Turbo is extremely tempting. With that said I'm still sticking with BlackBerry in hopes for something new and innovative (along with being on Verizon) in the next year.

While I truly don't think the turbo really gets 48hrs (read some reviews that state the same thing) I love the idea of rapid charging as well as the ballistic nylon backing.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:48 PM
    Absolutely agree. The two features I want most from this particular phone are the rapid charging and the ballistic nylon. I want the rapid charging more now then ever because it seems like all new BlackBerry phones will have non-removable batteries. And the ballistic nylon with water proofing should be on all devices imo. Not because I'm too busy going to the bathroom while on my phone, but for the fact accidents happen and I have kids that actively try to break things it seems . I can't wait for the new BlackBerry devices coming in 2015. Not matter what features they do or don't have I will be buying at least one, my Z19 has served me well but needs to be retired
    10-31-14 09:53 AM
    I see your point about the ballistic nylon/waterproofing but I think that will continue to be on niche products (except maybe waterproofing could become an industry standard in next few years) it reminds me of the line Samsung always had (recently called rugby I think) where it's built for those who need a tough phone (construction, military, fieldwork etc)

BB for Life
    10-31-14 04:40 PM
    waterproofing will be standard in 2015 and the quick charge is a function of current Snapdragon SOC so that will be standard as well. BB just has to release a device. I'm sure they are testing all sorts of configurations but we'll have to wait til 2015 when they make announcements about the next versions.
    10-31-14 04:53 PM
    Lol @ ballistic nylon. Does it prevent your screen from shattering? Didn't think so.

I love marketing. And hate it. Mostly because the majority of consumers are such complete idiots.

But all that aside, this phone would be awesome if it didn't run such a garbage OS. You need 2.7ghz quad core to run Android smoothly. Just sad.
    nelsonningombam likes this.
    11-03-14 10:08 PM
    Lol @ ballistic nylon. Does it prevent your screen from shattering? Didn't think so.

I love marketing. And hate it. Mostly because the majority of consumers are such complete idiots.

But all that aside, this phone would be awesome if it didn't run such a garbage OS. You need 2.7ghz quad core to run Android smoothly. Just sad.
    By that logic,computing chips should stop at one specification and all software should be optimized for that one chip forever... Also ignoring the fact that the Passport is running a 2.2 ghz Quad Core processor.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-03-14 11:00 PM

For someone who seems to understand what marketing does with people, your views considering "needs 2.7ghz processor to run smooth" seem sadly very uniformed and clueless.

Which is ironic, since you just stated that most consumers are clueless, but obviously wanted to elevate yourself above those embarrassing guys.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:18 AM

Thanks for pretty much calling me a complete *****.

I just want my phone to be tougher, obviously the display needs to be stronger and have more protection. My thoughts were the fact that adding something like ballistic nylon and more aluminum (or other stronger materials) would aid in the overall ruggedness of the device.

But thanks again for the ***** part. Now go screw yourself jackass.
    11-04-14 12:11 PM
    Z10 successor or Z30 successor? Chatter on the forums says that a >4.5" screen for a "Z10 successor" is a deal breaker, which limits the size of the phone, which limits the battery size. Although, looking at market segment instead of lineup segment, the Z3 has already supplanted the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:25 PM

What do you guys think?
    And here's the rub....in a few months they'll announce another amazing phone that has these specs or better and the cycle will go on and on.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:13 PM
    And here's the rub....in a few months they'll announce another amazing phone that has these specs or better and the cycle will go on and on.

Posted via CB10
    Which is why I love competition. Pushing boundaries is a good thing. By the time I'm ready to adopt, kinks would have been worked out.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-04-14 09:35 PM
    We all want a true Flagship device.... with these cool feature, rapid charging, water proofing, real camera lenses, fingerprint/heart sensor, bendable...

Just have to wait and see what BlackBerry does next year..... think they are going to have to do like always and be conservative as the Z10's successor is going to need to fit within the budgets of entry level corporate.... or they are going to have to bring the Z3 here as has been suggested.

A replacement for the Z30 is our best chance for a "wow" device..... but I don't think BlackBerry can afford or should even try to out "wow" Android.
    No, that's never going to happen the Camera is fine all that needs to be done to the camera is in software.
    Rapid Charging would be helpful but my Z10 already charges pretty damn fast

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 12:44 AM
    I agree with you. We can't try to out "wow" android. But I hope that the z10 successor isn't relegated to be the entry level device, and instead leave that for the z3 variant. The Z10 form factor with a bigger screen is the right size for me. The Z30, or the new Z50, is just too big for some of us. A 5.5" device, as rumored by some, is huge. I hope that both the Z20 and Z50 are both high end, kind of like iPhone 6 and 6+ are for Apple.

But hey, I want a Passport so what the hell should I care about size?? LOL
    Do you understand how BlackBerry works now?
    There's no chance they are releasing two all touch devices together.
    Simply it makes absolutely no sense for them from a business standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 12:45 AM
    BlackBerry cannot "out-wow" android phones, but they should focus on figuring out what features BlackBerry consumers would really appreciate (wireless a/o turbo charging) waterproofing would be nice, but I also feel like only tools need it - quit texting while wiping people!

BB for Life
    Actually, waterproofing is one of the most useful innovations. I work on a boat, so it really affects me. It's useful for most people, though. I would be able to keep my phone nearby while in the pool, or answer it in the shower.

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-05-14 02:55 AM
    Actually, waterproofing is one of the most useful innovations. I work on a boat, so it really affects me. It's useful for most people, though. I would be able to keep my phone nearby while in the pool, or answer it in the shower.

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    Yeah for you it doesn't really affect most people though, unless your my sister who drops her phone in the toilet 2-3 times a year...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 03:05 AM
    Do you understand how BlackBerry works now?
    There's no chance they are releasing two all touch devices together.
    Simply it makes absolutely no sense for them from a business standpoint.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it's the other way around.
    Not releasing 2 together, or at least in a time frame that is very close, is a stupid move.

BlackBerry needs to cater to different market segments at the same time.
    And they just can't do it with their current portfolio.
    They need a complete revamp of their mid-range touchscreen phone (Z30) and they finally need a touchscreen flagship (there is none currently).

If "there is no chance that they release 2 touchscreen phones at the same time" (or close together), they are sadly doing it wrong.

Yeah for you it doesn't really affect most people though, unless your my sister who drops her phone in the toilet 2-3 times a year...

Posted via CB10
    That made me laugh.

But you are mistaken, water/dust proofing is something that is useful for everyone.
    I just don't like the system with flaps.
    They are ugly and flimsy.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-05-14 03:16 AM
    If BBRY can add features that won't negatively impact performance or pricing, it should add them.

Waterproofing is one of those things I'd add.
    11-05-14 03:17 AM
    If BBRY can add features that won't negatively impact performance or pricing, it should add them.

Waterproofing is one of those things I'd add.
    Well, the cynic in me says that it would affect their abilities to sell phones.
    One less drown BlackBerry, means one less replacement sold.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-05-14 03:19 AM

Actually, the DROID Turbo comes with a one time free screen replacement, so between the kevlar backed, ballistic nylon and the Gorilla Glass 3 (or whatever), there must be something to it.
    I for one would be all about a 'ruggedized','active' version of an all touch, flagship BlackBerry that doesn't compromise on performance (like the DROID Turbo). It can't be all about the corporate guys! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:04 AM
    Actually, the DROID Turbo comes with a one time free screen replacement, so between the kevlar backed, ballistic nylon and the Gorilla Glass 3 (or whatever), there must be something to it.
    I for one would be all about a 'ruggedized','active' version of an all touch, flagship BlackBerry that doesn't compromise on performance (like the DROID Turbo). It can't be all about the corporate guys! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    You're absolutely right! I'm sure the corporate guys, industrial employees, and Military / Government customers would like to have some of these features as well as the everyday consumers. BlackBerry is for people on the go. When you're on the go, accidents happen. I don't see how these features could be a bad thing. I live for my phone to be naked, I hate covers and cases, this would help solve the problem. BlackBerry should improve upon these ideas and make them better somehow.
    11-06-14 07:43 AM