Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. The Z10 came out about 8 months ago(maybe longer) Shouldn't we be seeing rumors of a refresh by now? Do they exist and I just haven't seen them?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:41 AM
    Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. The Z10 came out about 8 months ago(maybe longer) Shouldn't we be seeing rumors of a refresh by now? Do they exist and I just haven't seen them?

Posted via CB10
    Well there is the rumored Z5 which looks like it will have the same specs as the Z10. It would be their new low end touch screen if they do end up releasing it. But on the other hand they are sitting on a lot of inventory, they have to get rid of those units first.
    12-18-13 09:44 AM
    I agree that a refresh of the z10 would be nice though.

Honestly, if the took z10 now change the design language so that's it more in-line with the z30 (and made some small improvements for the new year), added paratek radio, improvements on camera and battery and sold it as mid-range phone. I'd be pretty satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and kdklein like this.
    12-18-13 10:34 AM
    ... But on the other hand they are sitting on a lot of inventory, they have to get rid of those units first.
    Not realising a new handset because of old inventory is a great way to go out of business.

I wonder if only the large phones will be considered premium devices going forward? I hope not, I don't want a phone that is that big.

Posted via CB10
    MaxR_A likes this.
    12-18-13 10:54 AM
    Not realising a new handset because of old inventory is a great way to go out of business.

I wonder if only the large phones will be considered premium devices going forward? I hope not, I don't want a phone that is that big.
    Just throwing more inventory and development costs out there is an even better way to go out of business though and I would expect to see BB cut down their portfolio of new devices quite a lot for quite a while, they can slot another couple of premium devices onto the range, but it is likely to be the existing devices that amount to their low and mid-range offerings for much of next year.

I think you are going to end up disappointed, they won't have the marketshare to produce two premium all-touch devices and a larger device has the obvious upgrade path of going from 720p to 1080p as well as the majority of the market wanting larger phones.
    12-18-13 11:35 AM
    You'll know on Friday one way or another.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:36 AM
    Even though the Z10 is considered a mid level device, I would not necessarily say that the Z30 blows it away by miles. There are tradeoffs to both phones. I seriously considered one and I am still thinking about it, but if I don't ever own one, it won't be the end of the world for me.
    Unfortunately I am sure the prices will come down on these too, due to poor marketing and the likes. I like both phones. Have never owned the Z30 but messed around with it quite a few times and still do when I go into Verizon. The perfect phone for me though, I think would be the same size as the Z10. Maybe just a tad bigger, better camera, great speakers and a few other things.

I will wait it out and see what John Chen has up his sleeves. Will stick with my Z10 until something I like better is out. No hurry to get rid of it as I really enjoy it and have suffered from non of the issues as a lot of people have.
    12-19-13 01:09 AM
    Even though the Z10 is considered a mid level device, I would not necessarily say that the Z30 blows it away by miles. There are tradeoffs to both phones. I seriously considered one and I am still thinking about it, but if I don't ever own one, it won't be the end of the world for me.
    Unfortunately I am sure the prices will come down on these too, due to poor marketing and the likes. I like both phones. Have never owned the Z30 but messed around with it quite a few times and still do when I go into Verizon. The perfect phone for me though, I think would be the same size as the Z10. Maybe just a tad bigger, better camera, great speakers and a few other things.

I will wait it out and see what John Chen has up his sleeves. Will stick with my Z10 until something I like better is out. No hurry to get rid of it as I really enjoy it and have suffered from non of the issues as a lot of people have.
    For me the Z30 is a mid level device too

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:19 AM
    Well I would definitely say it is better then the 10 at a few things, but I still do not think it is the flagship device. It's a great device, don't get me wrong, but I am kind of glad that I went the route that I did with the 10. Liking the overall size of the phone as I have smaller hands and it would defeat the entire purpose of my swiping capabilities. Really wish there would be a make over of the 10 with a lot of features from the Z30 added to it, and also some hardware changes to go along with it.

To me, this would be a great phone and another alternative for those of us that do not want to keep upping the size of their device to keep up with the joneses
    12-19-13 10:42 PM
    Z10 faithful here as well. Best BB10 device as I see it. Hoping the refresh adopts all the goodness of the Z30 minus the AMOLED display and exterior design. IPS LCD and Red Dot design award winner FTW!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:45 PM
    And with a removable battery (post above)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 02:33 PM
    I think a z10 refresh is dead in the water at this point.

I do wonder will the low cost BB10 touchscreen phone have better specs than the z10.
    12-23-13 06:32 PM

I do wonder will the low cost BB10 touchscreen phone have better specs than the z10.
    Reports had them being cancelled, but the odds were that they were using a newer lower-end qualcomm chipset so the cpu would have been a bit worse and the gpu a bit better.
    12-29-13 08:19 AM

I know they are pushing a high end keyboard device for enterprise, but in my experience enterprise people want iphones. If they don't have a high end full touch device then the company is dead in the water.
    01-11-14 02:28 PM
    I know they are pushing a high end keyboard device for enterprise, but in my experience enterprise people want iphones. If they don't have a high end full touch device then the company is dead in the water.
    The next high end full touch is far more likely to be a z30 refresh than a z10 refresh, the obvious change is to a 1080p display and that is not an option below about 4.7" and the odds are that they will choose the more mainstream 5" size instead.
    01-11-14 02:59 PM
    I agree. The PKB market continues to shrink and the end users in companies that have BBOS devices continue to petition their companies and whine to management for full touch devices that have greater app catalogs, and those companies are doing this. It is a niche they should continue to serve, but not with a bold like device because that square screen causes app fragmentation. They should only have 16x9 screens with a full touch and a slider. It is obvious the Q10 isn't selling well so why cause all the issues associated with it and not just go to a form factor that creates a universal standard across your product line for developers. Look at all the Q10 people who complained about Z10 apps not making it to the Q10. The people who want a PKB will buy a slider if that is all that is available. If not where are they going to go to if they are so dedicated to a BlackBerry PKB. Markets change and consumer and business preference change and BlackBerry needs to adapt to desires of the many, not the few.

Posted via CB10
    kdklein likes this.
    01-11-14 03:21 PM