Well since AT&T got the exclusive on the Torch with the vertical slide, would it be possible for RIM to have a Torch with a horizontal slide for VZ? Just thinking of how to get a Torch on VZ.
    08-08-10 01:37 AM
    You mean aside from the fact that the only time that a Blackberry has ever had a keyboard wider than the Bold 9000 was the Storm, which was not as popular as anticipated?

Who knows?
    08-08-10 03:44 AM
    I am not a fan of horizontal sliders. Hopefully the exclusivity for the torch isn't like the iphone. I do like the vertical sliders!
    08-08-10 12:38 PM
    I am not a fan of horizontal sliders either but just wanting a BB slider of some sort on VZ. PS I want the same NON Shuretype screen as the Torch also.
    08-08-10 06:00 PM
    I hope it's not horizontal cause USC seems to get the same as vzw except for the storm. Yes I know they get them way after vzw does.
    08-08-10 06:18 PM
    I would like the vertical slider but AT&T has that locked up for at least 6 months I would imagine.
    08-08-10 11:34 PM
    not a big fan of any sliders. thanks but no thanks :-)
    08-09-10 08:48 AM
    How does one go about putting a silicone sleeve on a slider?? When I'm out, I carry my phone in a leather case, and at home I use it in a silicon sleeve. I can't envision a sleeve that would work with a phone that slides, but maybe I just don't have a good enough imagination.
    08-09-10 03:14 PM
    I'm not a big fan of touch screen phones, but I have to admit this Torch is SWEET! and I would definitely get one if it came to VZ, just seems that VZ never really gets the good ones...and I'm not switching carriers!
    08-10-10 02:23 PM
    Isn't there a version in the works for vzw? I don't think battery would be quite the same tho

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-20-10 09:57 PM
    I do not want a slider of any kind. I want a 4" touch screen BlackBerry with at least a 1 Ghz processor, a high resolution screen and thin...make it thin!

If RIM doesn't do something fabulous with the touch screen market - I fear they will lose hundreds of thousands of customers to Apple when the iPhone finally arrives at Big Red.
    08-20-10 11:04 PM
    2005cts-i share your fear as well; when crApple finally arrives there the first platform to suffer defections will be RIM imo. i like your vision of a 4" BB, would be nice.
    08-21-10 12:59 AM
    I don't think should come out with a landscape slider. RIM is best known for their qwerty keyboard. If they do that, they need to take the time to develop a keyboard worth branding RIM. That would take time and money. Why would they do that.
    They are better off improving the TORCH. The torch is great, but it lacks power. It buggy, and laggy and the hardware could be better.
    Also, they could try another improvement in the storm series?
    What I would like is for RIM to develop a Bold style Blackberry with a bigger screen, say 3in. And touch screen capability.
    But again, that's kind of the tOrch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 10:18 AM
    No to horizontal! I love the vertical slider. When you bring out the horizontal slider on the droids or dumbphones you are loosing how compact the keys are. I love the idea of the Torch with the keyboard like a typical layout.

No thank you.
    09-03-10 06:53 PM
    IMHO, The Torch is the greatest BB ever. Vertical slider is great. OS6 is great.
    It just lack of a quicker processor, higher resolution screen, and maybe GPU capabilities. Let's wait for Torch 2 then...
    09-04-10 05:03 AM
    How does one go about putting a silicone sleeve on a slider?? When I'm out, I carry my phone in a leather case, and at home I use it in a silicon sleeve. I can't envision a sleeve that would work with a phone that slides, but maybe I just don't have a good enough imagination.
    Dave, have you read any of your posts? Some (not me, of course) may say you have a GREAT imagination!
    09-04-10 07:25 AM
    I do not want a slider of any kind. I want a 4" touch screen BlackBerry with at least a 1 Ghz processor, a high resolution screen and thin...make it thin!

If RIM doesn't do something fabulous with the touch screen market - I fear they will lose hundreds of thousands of customers to Apple when the iPhone finally arrives at Big Red.
    I totally agree with you assessment, except for the thin part...I like the current thickness of the Storm. I don't like holding a "cracker" in my hand, I want a "bar."
    09-04-10 07:30 AM
    Silicon sleeves come in 2 pieces for sliders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 08:05 PM
    Personally, I liked the torch, but had several issues with the slider mechanism. I think if RIM assembly quality control improved, it would be the best phone I have ever used. I got two torches, one for me and one for my son, and I took mine back (3) separate times for clanking, looseness and waaaayyyy too much wobble. Of course, my son's is pristine with no issues. Figures.
    09-04-10 08:13 PM

Get an android. I doubt RIM will ever make such a device

09-04-10 10:08 PM
    Isn't there a version in the works for vzw? I don't think battery would be quite the same tho

That would be cool if so... all I hear about is the S3. VZ never gets the cool stuff 1st.
    09-05-10 12:59 AM

the BlackPad will be 7"
    close enough.
    09-05-10 12:59 AM
    Yeah, storm 1 doesn't count as cool and that was the last original to come out on verizon.....storm 3 will be cool...maybe they finally ditch the touchscreen? Altho I've heard its just a refresh to handle os6

09-05-10 08:33 AM
    ===== QUOTE cplush ====

===== /QUOTE ====

the BlackPad will be 7"
    close enough.
    But won't have cell network access, will be the qnx os, so it kinda won't be one....

09-05-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD