11 47.83%
  • No

9 39.13%
  • Maybe

3 13.04%
02-17-18 05:57 PM
300 ... 678910 ...
tools
    That would be my dream: a Passport with Android OS like the Priv but, unlike the Priv, has mush better battery power.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 12:54 AM
    Absolutely not. I need bb10

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 02:45 PM
    it has been so long that i've departed from blackberry since bold, because of apps missing from their store that i want, i think an android passport will lure me back
    06-28-16 10:25 PM
    yes i do
    06-29-16 02:23 PM
    Speaking for myself, I am not interested in a Passport device running Android. However, who knows how many current non-BlackBerry users would be attracted to such a device? I believe that there is a hidden market within current non-BlackBerry users that would like a decent physical keyboard in combination with Android. But preferably with a better price tag than what the PRIV originally had. Also, I didn't like the PRIVś keyboard that much.
    06-29-16 04:37 PM
    Saw the videos of the Passport SE running Android, looks amazing. To get around the 1:1 aspect ratio there is a button from the quick menu to change the aspect ratio from app to app but many looked like they ran perfectly fine in 1:1. I think a Passport with Android for $550 CAD would be a great phone, but not having used it myself hard to know if there are problems with it or not.
    07-06-16 09:21 AM
    Saw the videos of the Passport SE running Android, looks amazing. To get around the 1:1 aspect ratio there is a button from the quick menu to change the aspect ratio from app to app but many looked like they ran perfectly fine in 1:1. I think a Passport with Android for $550 CAD would be a great phone, but not having used it myself hard to know if there are problems with it or not.
    What video???
    07-07-16 06:40 AM
    I use the Passport because I like the wider physical keyboard it offers. Knowing the state of development for BB10, I would say yes.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-07-16 06:59 AM
    Yes I will use a Passport with Android installed, though I prefer OS10.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 08:23 PM
    I loved BBos but unfortunately is an end of life operating system as BB will stop the support at 2017.

Also it's to weird from some people that are fanatics on BBos and at the same time running android apps for their daily needs and not natively with a severe performance hit !

Please BlackBerry switch old passports to android and upgrade it also to a new version with a four rows keyboard with numbers shift buttons and a dual SIM support. Especially the keyboard and dual SIM support with that 1:1 ratio screen will bring many android users to bb.

BlackBerry is not a charity organisation, is a company that need to make profit. Android for the current time is an one-way road for survival....
    Last edited by cmvrgr cmvrgr; 07-08-16 at 10:12 PM.
    07-08-16 09:50 PM
    I loved BBos but unfortunately is an end of life operating system as BB will stop the support at 2017.

Also it's to weird from some people that are fanatics on BBos and at the same time to run android apps not natively with a severe performance hit !

Please BlackBerry switch old passports to android and upgrade it also to a new version with a four rows keyboard with numbers shift buttons and a dual SIM support. Especially the keyboard and dual SIM support with that 1:1 ratio screen will bring many of android users to bb.

BlackBerry is not a charity organisation, is a company that needs to make profits. Android for the current time is an one-way road to survival....
    Why would you assume there's a severe performance hit?

Android doesn't support 1:1, so while a Passport like device is possible, the format will have to be changed.
    07-08-16 10:12 PM
    Why would you assume there's a severe performance hit?

Android doesn't support 1:1, so while a Passport like device is possible, the format will have to be changed.
    The 1:1 ratio is the only problem for running Android
    07-08-16 10:14 PM
    Would you buy a Passport with Android installed?

I mostly enjoy the absolutely brilliant and super productive BlackBerry Hub, Calendar and Messaging apps.
    If they get a Passport Android, do you think they will create a proprietary Android ROM that comes with these apps?
    I mean, there's no way I would buy a new Passport just for it being an Android device.

I wish we could get a bit smaller Passport, full QWERTY with a physical numeric keyboard (hate the virtual one), better battery, Android with BlackBerry's Hub, Calendar and Messaging app.

What do you think?
    would love a passport with all the android apps
    07-08-16 10:39 PM
    What video???
    Here is the video

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-10-16 12:34 AM
    No it doesn't, no matter how you look at it.
    BB10 is almost die (software and hardware case).

Even if blackberry said they will not abandon it, devs will (software case).

Passport is still using old hardware, not 64bit architecture (hardware case). It's not phone that can give you proof for future development of new apps.
    The only that is fancy about passport is its design and form factor with that screen that is almost the same width with my 6.8" phablet when holding it vertically. Passport even if the screen has the half height is better because it is using the hardware keyboard. My soft keyboard is almost consuming the 1/3 of the screen. Same viewing experience with 6.8" smaller size.

From the beginning I said that if they had switch operating system with the addition of a 2nd sim slot would super charge the sales as the ultimate business phone or made for the heavy typers.

I love passport form factor but it's waste of money as bbos it will become obsolete.

It's not only the fancy apps like facebook, Twitter, Instagram, viber, skype, messenger at that are missing but the emulated android apps are not working too. If you have spent allot of money for external devices like mobile printers, tvzen you need the apps.

Although software keyboards are rubbish in comparison to physical that you can type 3 to 5 times faster and more accurate.
    07-10-16 09:34 AM
    Nope, but I would buy one running Windows 10, It would be awesome having a full use handheld PC.
    07-10-16 10:09 AM
    Although software keyboards are rubbish in comparison to physical that you can type 3 to 5 times faster and more accurate.
    Opinion, flying in the face of facts. You are welcome to believe a PKB is best for you, but calling VKB rubbish is unnecessary, and disruptive to the conversation.
    Ecm, MC_A_DOT and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    07-10-16 10:17 AM
    Nope, but I would buy one running Windows 10, It would be awesome having a full use handheld PC.
    See there, now you're playing with my emotions.
    DaDaDogg likes this.
    07-10-16 11:50 AM
    Opinion, flying in the face of facts. You are welcome to believe a PKB is best for you, but calling VKB rubbish is unnecessary, and disruptive to the conversation.
    English is not my native language and I didn't know that my expression had a so huge negative impact for you. I am sorry about that.

Although If you type allot as I do the difference is huge. I am using ios and Android and now a 6.8" phablet and tried dozens of keyboards. Physical is superior for heavy typing.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-10-16 03:06 PM
    English is not my native language and I didn't know that my expression had a so huge negative impact for you. I am sorry about that.

Although If you type allot as I do the difference is huge. I am using ios and Android and now a 6.8" phablet and tried dozens of keyboards. Physical is superior for heavy typing.
    It must be challenging, and moderating this international site, I try to keep that in mind.

Rubbish means garbage/trash. Your preference for heavy typing may be a PKB, but others like a VKB more, and the typing speed record is held on a VKB.

When you say rubbish, you incite a war of words. As a moderator, I'd prefer to stop trouble before it starts.

On a personal note, I thought as you did, until I used a BB10 VKB exclusively for a while. Now, I wouldn't go back if paid. Still, to my knowledge, the speed record is held on an iPhone, and for me the BB10 keyboard is much faster. Everyone deserves respect for the keyboard they choose.
    07-10-16 06:37 PM
    It must be challenging, and moderating this international site, I try to keep that in mind.

Rubbish means garbage/trash. Your preference for heavy typing may be a PKB, but others like a VKB more, and the typing speed record is held on a VKB.

When you say rubbish, you incite a war of words. As a moderator, I'd prefer to stop trouble before it starts.

On a personal note, I thought as you did, until I used a BB10 VKB exclusively for a while. Now, I wouldn't go back if paid. Still, to my knowledge, the speed record is held on an iPhone, and for me the BB10 keyboard is much faster. Everyone deserves respect for the keyboard they choose.
    I would like to thank you for your comment.

I prefer hardware keyboard and many times I am missing my laptop when I am on the road light.

What do you think about passport ? Should I buy one for that usage even if the product is at the end of life ?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-10-16 06:56 PM
    I would like to thank you for your comment.

I prefer hardware keyboard and many times I am missing my laptop when I am on the road “light“.

What do you think about passport ? Should I buy one for that usage even if the product is at the end of life ?
    I can't offer you a first-hand opinion, never having used one, but everyone I know who has owned a Passport loves it. From what I understand, a lot of Android apps don't play nicely, due to the form factor, so keep that in mind.
    07-10-16 07:39 PM
    Absolutely
    07-12-16 07:12 AM
    Yes. Prefer BB10, but yes.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:55 AM

Your bold posts are always inciting a bit of war inside of me. So totally unnecessary. Who moderates the moderators??

And imo, physical keyboards are superior because of their feel and the way they provide accuracy. Why else do you think auto correct features are essential on other platforms?

But then again, automated replies may be the next 'big and worthless' feature of any chat apps.. maybe we can let the phone take care of the entire conversation and we won't need a keyboard at all. People are so damn lazy.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 03:21 AM
300 ... 678910 ...