11 47.83%
  • No

9 39.13%
  • Maybe

3 13.04%
02-17-18 05:57 PM
300 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I would consider it. I think BlackBerry should do like every other phone manufacturer and make a heavily customized version of Android that looks more like BB10 but has all the benefits of Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:29 PM
    No way. I am using BlackBerry exactly because of the great operating system.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:04 AM
    No. My Passport has all apps I need including Android apps so there's no needs to switch the OS.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-22-15 02:46 AM
    No. That's why I chose BlackBerry.

Posted via my Black Passport
    CrazyCraftLady likes this.
    09-22-15 03:37 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 12:59 AM
    For Play Services, yes I'd buy an Android Passport.
    10-03-15 07:55 AM
    No.
    Tablet device of Sony brand is in my own, two years are gone.
    It is my first and last Android-based device. So far my experience with Android in the last two years.

The device must enable high productivity when working with it, it must also provide reliability.
    Android lacks both. No iPhone nor Windows based in my possession till now so it is not a campaign
    by an iPhone enthusiast. It was 2013 as I hoped Z30 will be my first smartphone. It came to nothing due to weak specs
    and bad reputation regarding battery cycle. Then 2014 it was my hope the next top BB model will be my first smartphone.
    Passport with its untypical format and unclear question regarding performance of apps written for Android and for 16:9 format
    ruined the plan. Since beginning of 2015 the idea of facing BB brand for first smartphone goes slightly in drop,
    with again small hope the top model release 2015 will satisfy the expectations. Then a bad message came out,
    yes it will be a great device however will be based on Android.
    I am aware of the rumors regarding Priv based on BB. As great the BB os is as poor is the app support.
    Services used on my Sony frequently release apps just for Android and BB.
    Satisfying level of productivity means for no need of hacking to get an app working, in the way just take from the shelf,
    pay for it, use it, enjoy it. The Android apps porting/emulation solutions for BB does not seem to meet this requirement.
    Satisfying level of productivity does also mean number of supported radio bands as high as possible.
    I guess BB devices were never one of the best in this regard. So no so much hope the Priv will satisfy at this point.
    Last edited by Mee Kiu; 10-30-15 at 05:25 PM.
    10-09-15 04:08 PM
    Nope.
    Have reconsidered, I would if that was the only option to enjoy this form factor. With the Hub and the feel of BB10.
    10-19-15 06:55 PM
    I've been wondering why BlackBerry doesn't simply make Passport 2 with both Android and BlackBerry 10 versions instead of rolling out BlackBerry Priv.

That would save them efforts and I actually find passport form factor could be more appealing to Android users. It does provide more differentiation with an always-on qwerty keyboard and a wide touch screen more easy to access while typing.

A BlackBerry Passport 2 with curved screens, lighter body and a better camera and available in Android and BlackBerry 10 would be ideal to me.

I'm afriad BlackBerry may be repeating the mistake again. They did regret having released Z10 before Q10. I hope it's not the same case of releasing Priv before an Android Passport. They tend to forget their signature and rush to a market even when they are already late.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:08 AM
    I've been wondering why BlackBerry doesn't simply make Passport 2 with both Android and BlackBerry 10 versions instead of rolling out BlackBerry Priv.

That would save them efforts and I actually find passport form factor could be more appealing to Android users. It does provide more differentiation with an always-on qwerty keyboard and a wide touch screen more easy to access while typing.

A BlackBerry Passport 2 with curved screens, lighter body and a better camera and available in Android and BlackBerry 10 would be ideal to me.

I'm afriad BlackBerry may be repeating the mistake again. They did regret having released Z10 before Q10. I hope it's not the same case of releasing Priv before an Android Passport. They tend to forget their signature and rush to a market even when they are already late.

Posted via CB10
    1) Because BlackBerry can't afford to have two new products in production at once. There would be cost for development, manufacturing setup, additional inventory.... and it would pull attention from the PRIV with consumers and with carriers.

2) BB10 on a new devcie would prolong the support cycle of BB10 and would probable be a problem with Google and the PRIV having Google Certification

Besides.... no qwerty BB10 phone has really sold well, Passport especially.
    10-20-15 09:10 AM
    1) Because BlackBerry can't afford to have two new products in production at once. There would be cost for development, manufacturing setup, additional inventory.... and it would pull attention from the PRIV with consumers and with carriers.

2) BB10 on a new devcie would prolong the support cycle of BB10 and would probable be a problem with Google and the PRIV having Google Certification

Besides.... no qwerty BB10 phone has really sold well, Passport especially.
    I think you may have mis read the first sentence. He said make a PassPort 2, instead of a Priv. Meaning, there would be no Priv. So there wouldn't be 2 phones in production at the same time. Just one phone, with two operating systems.
    asiayeah likes this.
    10-20-15 11:42 AM
    Currently a non BB user but the draw of coming back to BB for me is their own OS. I had a q10 for a year and miss it a lot.
    The Android OS does not entice me to return to the BB fold.
    10-20-15 12:03 PM
    Hell no!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:06 PM
    As much as lot of hope and good wishes for BB-based device I put into this brand
    and as much myself distanced to Apple products and theirs ideology
    this 87% of Android devices insecure - Manufacturers fail to provide security updates - Android Vulnerabilities is the next major con point regarding Android-based BB despite all the antipathies arisen after 3 years long usage of Android device (see above).
    It is not my new state-point not to be able to trust Android all the PINs, TANs and other security
    related data. Thus Android usage for banking applications, payment and similar is as good as eliminated.

Unfortunately also a BB device with BB OS is not a future secure option if to look at vendors situation
    and its possible strategies if it comes to device development.
    Passport with Android will not help much as there are no or rare Android apps with native resolution
    corresponding to Passports format.
    Last edited by Mee Kiu; 10-30-15 at 05:27 PM.
    10-20-15 04:26 PM
    I think you may have mis read the first sentence. He said make a PassPort 2, instead of a Priv. Meaning, there would be no Priv. So there wouldn't be 2 phones in production at the same time. Just one phone, with two operating systems.
    Yeah.

Passport 2 is relatively easy to make. IMHO, it's a better strategy than just to announce Priv.

Passport 2 (one phone with 2 OSes) can also prove BlackBerry 10 is still being supported and alive. Passport form factor is just more ideal for Hub + Keyboard integration.

I would buy a Passport 2 right away if it exists.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:59 PM
    Yeah.

Passport 2 is relatively easy to make. IMHO, it's a better strategy than just to announce Priv.

Passport 2 (one phone with 2 OSes) can also prove BlackBerry 10 is still being supported and alive. Passport form factor is just more ideal for Hub + Keyboard integration.

I would buy a Passport 2 right away if it exists.
    Chen doesn't want to spend the money developing drivers for BB10. This means all new hardware will just be old hardware repackaged like we see in the Leap and the Classic and even the Passport SE. With all the already repackaged releases of the passport to make another with old tech would just get tiresome.

If this is BB's game right now then the best you can expect is an android release of the passport with better specs (which won't happen). Drivers for android are already made so they don't have to worry about the cost to develop them since someone else did it. This is one reason they started with android because it's cheaper to develop.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 09:58 PM
    Not as long as BB10 still exists!

Even then I probably go PRIV.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-20-15 10:07 PM
    No I think the passport is fine this way.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:32 PM
    Nope. Can't beat BB10 on PP.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:36 PM
    Yes just for the testing as I am satisfied with bb10 os passport

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you. That Passport Silver Edition could have been an Android version. Then we would have truly seen weather the market prefer Android of BlackBerry 10.

Well it may still not be told late now right?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:37 PM
    No, not now that the 5.4 inch screened PRIV is up for sale. Not buying into working short and wide.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:52 PM
    I think no, but I'm not sure
    10-30-15 08:49 AM
    No way.

___BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    11-26-15 07:01 PM
  25. Tubagus Tebegaya TralalaTrilili's Avatar
    Since I'm a little afraid blackberry will abandon bb10 and more concern on android, I think I will.
    Even before blackberry has to develop android os, they rarely updates the bb10 os. I have to wait months before the updates available in my country.
    And now they also have android to take care too, it's most likely, bb10 will never get any updates.
    So.. yes... I will want passport with android os, in fact, I'm now using blackberry passport, and wondering will I ever get any updates, and will it possible to install android on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 11:59 AM
300 ... 34567 ...