3 13.04%
02-17-18 04:57 PM
300 ... 23456 ...
tools
    No!!
    Got the BB10 Passport and I'm fine.

Posted via PP
    08-10-15 03:06 PM
    I think many would since the competition could never get it right, well except Nokia. Nokia was the KING'S of physical keyboard innovations, and I don't say that lightly and I think they have more parents in this regard than BlackBerry.

Anyone foolish enough to quickly out of spite challenge that take a VERY long and GOOD look at the innovative designs of physical keyboards from the first communicator through S40 to S60 (feature/smartphones OS respectively). From standard feature phone numeric, to the 3650/3670 with rotary dial layout, to the lipstick rotary non labelled dial phone, ad split phone either qwerty being split other side of the screen, taco-phone style the Ngage, N97, etc. Yes they even tried SureType (I never could find licensing,ut BlackBerry was a customer then with intellisync used in desktop manager, so a silent agreement)? Then the E71 debuted and heavily challenged BlackBerry in UK and internationally when they had the aging 8300/8800 series, and then replied back a year later with the OG Bold 9000.

I don't have the proof other than the models that actually did sell and market in history but would be VERY nice to know which has more of these patents.

That said Dell, Samsung, and many others failed with a full qwerty, even HTC finally have up.

Posted via CB10
    And sadly, BB10 is going down the route of Nokia. I will not be surprised if Google buys them, just to "clean" their image of "security is not what I care about". And then - go to.... right next to Motorola.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 03:34 PM
    The Droids WILL NEVER Win! BlackBerry OS is a one Man Band!!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:01 AM
    I view iOS as least evil. Google is working on data mining solely. Apple is not. When BlackBerry switches to Android, I will be switching to iOS. I have been using Macs since 2008 so it makes even more sense in that regard.

Posted via Z30
    WHAT?
    Agree Google, Android and data mining, but Apple monitors and records anything you do on your phone. Read the fine print. There's so.e features available that is enabled by default and cannot be switched off.

As much as I dislike the Windows Phone OS interface, I would be forced to go with WP10 if BlackBerry cancelled it's own OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:11 PM
    And sadly, BB10 is going down the route of Nokia. I will not be surprised if Google buys them, just to "clean" their image of "security is not what I care about". And then - go to.... right next to Motorola.

Posted via CB10
    If Google buys BlackBerry, it will be for BB10 and the complete replacement of Android. BB10 was plucked out from 2018 while Android is still stuck in 2007. Don't worry, iOS is stuck in 2005 Ha Ha

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:13 PM
    If Google buys BlackBerry, it will be for BB10 and the complete replacement of Android. BB10 was plucked out from 2018 while Android is still stuck in 2007. Don't worry, iOS is stuck in 2005 Ha Ha

Posted via CB10
    Moving back to reality...

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:16 PM
    WHAT?
    Agree Google, Android and data mining, but Apple monitors and records anything you do on your phone. Read the fine print. There's so.e features available that is enabled by default and cannot be switched off.

As much as I dislike the Windows Phone OS interface, I would be forced to go with WP10 if BlackBerry cancelled it's own OS.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and BlackBerry is monitoring things in BBM for advertising purposes. BBM has been turned into a cheap sales platform. Plus I think Apple monitors things more for improvement of the platform than to sell things.

Posted via Z30
    08-13-15 12:44 PM
    No way

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Google already owned and shunned Motorola

Shareholders would have to approve and to be honest it could happen but something tells me they will not allow it and prefer a profitable partnership.
    08-15-15 08:42 PM
    No.

Passport is made to get things done.

Android not.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 12:16 PM
    ^ This and thank you.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-18-15 12:21 PM
    I would continue using my real BlackBerry passport, until the phone dies, then I would use my real BlackBerry backup Passport until the phone dies, then I would leave BlackBerry after 11 years of loyalty and get an iPhone.

 Passport Rocks 
    IcYthemes likes this.
    08-18-15 12:56 PM
    Simple answer. No

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:19 PM
    No.

Android not.

Posted via CB10
    Tools Not Toys????

Oy Vey.
    08-19-15 03:45 PM
    No, non, nein, niet!

Posted via CB10
    FrankUnderwood likes this.
    08-19-15 03:52 PM
    Nope!!!!

If I wanted Android, I would go buy an Android.

I want Blackberry, so I buy Blackberry.

My really kickazz Z30
    08-20-15 09:42 AM
    A Passport with Android installed becomes a waist of hardware.
    08-21-15 06:29 AM
    To start this off:

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition captured on video running Android | CrackBerry.com

My answer to the topic question: Yes. And I hope the above link ends up being a real consumer device.

I come back to Crackberry when I either have a Blackberry or I have interest in buying a Blackberry. I saw some rumors on the Venice device running android and it got me interested again. Ideally though if I were to switch back the phone I would want running Android is the Passport.

Read this thread and it's so clear that most of you do are stuck in archaic thinking and are stubborn in your ways. Do you not get that not moving forward is what made Blackberry lose marketshare in the first place?

Some of you are so die hard to keep BB10 when the simple fact is people are not BUYING BB10 phones. I was someone who once argued that Blackberry should NOT switch to Android but I would be a moron to sit here and say "Well that didn't work, but they should keep throwing money at the idea that isn't working.".

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
    Reading this topic was painful because a lot of people here are such die hard BB fans that they can't even share an unbiased point of view.

Would I buy one, no, I came to BB10 because it was a good Stable OS at the time and got the job done, Android is a silly OS in its layout.
    You do realize that Android is 100% customizable and if BB wishes to change the layout they can. Right? If they spent the time they COULD make it 100% identical to the way BB10 looks and feels. You would never know the difference. Doesn't sound like they will but I would be shocked if they don't bring a lot of things from BB10 to Android.

Never! Should BlackBerry start producing android phones I would abandon all hope and just buy a pre-smart phone type of phone, as I effin detest all other OS.
    Okay well that is really closed minded and dumb. You probably do not work in the business world if you actually would get a "pre-smart phone type of phone". Which is fine....but I don't understand why you care to use a smartphone then if you don't care what kind of phone you have.

Never really understood the fixation with android? Why are u guys on BlackBerry anyways? Hardware wise its not a match for other flagship
    I disagree. Blackberry makes THE best keyboard and superb hardware quality.

NO interest in Blackberry running Android.

Posted via CB10
    Why?

Absolutely NOT.
    I don't want to go to an Android OS and then find out that lots of apps don't work on the square screen or are disabled by the developer etc.

Now the slider is another story with the rectangular form factor. I'm interested and will most likely buy it, but it will not be my primary device for sure.
    Android apps are designed to work across multiple screen sizes. The fact that the screen is square would not matter in most worlds because App makers know to adjust. I find it hard to believe you could be posting on a tech site and not know this?

No.

Android not.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize BB would be able to customize Android to...."Get things done", right?

There was a comment that may have been in another thread talking about how "I want my swiping gestures so no I don't want Android!".

You can have swiping gestures in Android.

Either way I wanted to clear up a lot of confusion in this thread. A lot of you clearly have no idea what you're saying and just want Blackberry to be stuck in their ways. I owned a Q10 and I 100% agree that BB10 is a very fluid OS and it's awesome. HOWEVER, people are not buying BB10 devices. Blackberry tried but it's time to move on IMO.

Selling Android devices with the best keyboard is DEFINITELY a huge selling point in my opinion. People are used to giant phones now. If you took some of the screen real estate and put a keyboard at the bottom I bet a lot of people would buy it.
    Moroianu George likes this.
    08-24-15 09:18 AM
    Wouldn't but a passport running android but would but the slider. Android needs 16:9 and the slider with the blackberry apps well built in like the hub would be great.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-15 09:22 AM
    I would by an android BlackBerry but not the passport. I don't like the square screen. Mybe I would Get the slider

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-28-15 12:07 AM
    Many would but not for me. Not sure what I will switch to but will likely wait until next year to check out the Surface Mobile. My guess is having been exclusive to BBRY since 2003 that if I am forced to change to a new OS than Win10 interests me most. Love my Surface Pro 3 with Win10. The biggest challenge is I am not a fan of either iOS or Android and not sure what to switch to.

If the Slider does go full Android, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the most successful BBRY since OS7. If that ends up being true than I can't blame them for heading that direction. It's just not for me personally.
    09-06-15 11:19 PM
    If I could scale the apps to a 4:3 to work with the screen id be willing to give it a shot even if it meant some black bars on those apps. Hopefully they would still have hub/email reader, bbm, and a browser which works with this screen format. I think it would be great to have access to a wider selection of apps just for the variety while still having my pkb until I can see if the slider is for me on my next upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 05:32 AM
    I would if there was still the option to load BB10 image on it.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 11:37 AM
    Yes, I defiantly would.
    09-15-15 07:06 PM
    I know many people at my place of work that would actually prefer an android passport over a android slider. I would go for the slider because I think it would have the most compatibility and I'm not fond of the passport keyboard.

Blackberry: don't screw us on the slider's keyboard! The torch's keyboard was a pos compared to the bold.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-15-15 07:45 PM
300 ... 23456 ...