11 47.83%
  • No

9 39.13%
  • Maybe

3 13.04%
02-17-18 04:57 PM
300 12345 ...
tools
    Who ever said yes is surely a Android Fanboy. Putting Android on a Passport is nothing more than insulting.
    07-28-15 02:00 PM
    I wouldn't even look at it if BlackBerry phone comes with android!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 05:42 AM
    Who ever said yes is surely a Android Fanboy. Putting Android on a Passport is nothing more than insulting.
    No.

I like all OS's apart from iOS actually, would be nice to be able to switch through different OS's on 1 device.
    Blacklatino and neoberry99 like this.
    07-29-15 05:58 AM
    No.

I like all OS's apart from iOS actually, would be nice to be able to switch through different OS's on 1 device.
    I carry Q10 and Moto X all day, every day. I can't possibly think what would some one like in this chaotic, non sense, spammy, constantly lagging OS except the amount of apps for pleasure. And now with this lollipop swiping like crazy from the top just to turn off WiFi or use flashlight - I seriously think Android developers are blind or something, or maybe they have no fingers so they can't actually use their "product" and realize how dull it is.

Also, scrolling through app drawer to find an app, hoping that it is still "active " but sadly it isn't. The extremely stupid experience.
    Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:39 AM
    I carry Q10 and Moto X all day, every day. I can't possibly think what would some one like in this chaotic, non sense, spammy, constantly lagging OS except the amount of apps for pleasure. And now with this lollipop swiping like crazy from the top just to turn off WiFi or use flashlight - I seriously think Android developers are blind or something, or maybe they have no fingers so they can't actually use their "product" and realize how dull it is.

Also, scrolling through app drawer to find an app, hoping that it is still "active " but sadly it isn't. The extremely stupid experience.
    Posted via CB10
    Opinions schminions....
    07-30-15 06:53 AM
    Opinions schminions....
    Agreed. If you don't mind, share what you like about Android over BB10. Maybe I am "holding" my Moto X wrong .

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:57 AM
    Agreed. If you don't mind, share what you like about Android over BB10. Maybe I am "holding" my Moto X wrong .

Posted via CB10
    LOL

I do like BB10 a lot but I had no choice but to get an android at the time. I didn't think the Z10 was a worthy enough upgrade.

The only thing I prefer on BB10 over android is the gestures and active tiles.

On Android I prefer multiple screens on 1 window, apps, updates and being able to install whatever I want on it. I also like the integration with my smartwatch, being able to stream to my TV or games console and being able to use my PS4 controller on my phone (GTA, Streets Of Rage etc).
    07-30-15 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    So go to only carrying a Q10

Posted via Z30
    07-30-15 01:26 PM
    So go to only carrying a Q10

Posted via Z30
    That's my choice when I can only carry one. I see what you are doing there but Had to have 2 different phones for extra compatibility and Anndroid is the least evil over iOS or WP8

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 02:37 PM
    It is obvious Android has advantage in the multimedia and entertainment department, mostly due to apps. The smart thing for BlackBerry would be to keep bb10 as the business line phones. Make them more expensive if you have to but continue delivering TOOLS. My fears are that they will kill BB10 and Android is not a business oriented OS and Google proved that they don't want it to be. All those new versions are same old ****ty, laggy, buggy core. In fact, they made it worse with the Play Store Services and all that crap that runs all the time.

One feature that intrigues with 6.0 is app permission control. I have to see to believe it functional though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by djsvetljo; 07-30-15 at 05:52 PM.
    07-30-15 02:47 PM
    That's my choice when I can only carry one. I see what you are doing there but Had to have 2 different phones for extra compatibility and Anndroid is the least evil over iOS or WP8

Posted via CB10
    I view iOS as least evil. Google is working on data mining solely. Apple is not. When BlackBerry switches to Android, I will be switching to iOS. I have been using Macs since 2008 so it makes even more sense in that regard.

Posted via Z30
    07-30-15 04:17 PM
    I view iOS as least evil. Google is working on data mining solely. Apple is not. When BlackBerry switches to Android, I will be switching to iOS. I have been using Macs since 2008 so it makes even more sense in that regard.

Posted via Z30
    My problem with Apple is the limitations they put on every device and how they try to convince you that certain features you don't need. MMS for the first few years of the iPhone, camera on the first iPad, and the latest fiasco with the single USB C port. I just can't pay twice the more for many times less while some guru is telling me what I need what I don't.
    There are niche fields where Macs excels (music production, photo editing) and I give them credit for that.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:03 PM
    No. But not because of Android. Passport is a silly concept, with its limited keyboard and square screen. I wouldn't mind playing with it perhaps, but I can't imagine it as my main phone.

My problem with Apple is the limitations they put on every device and how they try to convince you that certain features you don't need. MMS for the first few years of the iPhone, camera on the first iPad, and the latest fiasco with the single USB C port. I just can't pay twice the more for many times less while some guru is telling me what I need what I don't.
    There are niche fields where Macs excels (music production, photo editing) and I give them credit for that.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. And I hate not having access to the file system. Imagine if BlackBerry forced you to do everything through Link?

Also I'd rather have my data mined by Google (I'm not a terrorist, pedophile, or tinfoil-hatter, so I don't really have anything to hide) than have my wallet mined by Apple.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    07-30-15 07:41 PM
    It is obvious Android has advantage in the multimedia and entertainment department, mostly due to apps. The smart thing for BlackBerry would be to keep bb10 as the business line phones. Make them more expensive if you have to but continue delivering TOOLS. My fears are that they will kill BB10 and Android is not a business oriented OS and Google proved that they don't want it to be. All those new versions are same old ****ty, laggy, buggy core. In fact, they made it worse with the Play Store Services and all that crap that runs all the time.

One feature that intrigues with 6.0 is app permission control. I have to see to believe it functional though.

Posted via CB10
    Android handles all my business needs just fine, what do you mean?

My phone isn't laggy or buggy at all, I've never had an issue...............that's just me though not sure about anyone else.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    07-31-15 06:18 AM
    Android handles all my business needs just fine, what do you mean?

My phone isn't laggy or buggy at all, I've never had an issue...............that's just me though not sure about anyone else.
    One of the most frustrating things is I have no control of what stays open and what gets closed by the "smart system " that does it for you. I don't like that. Not to mention the ridiculously slow (compared to BB10) way of going around and doing things.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:00 PM
    Honestly I think BlackBerry should make hardware for Windows phone too. Why not? The more exposure the better imo.

I like bb10 and all of its swiping and functionality but at the end of the day I want to be able to use BlackBerry devices.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    07-31-15 11:31 PM
    Of course not!

From the cutest Q10
    08-02-15 10:54 PM
    No, don't like the Passport.

But I would buy a Z30 running android!

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-03-15 08:01 AM
    No, don't like the Passport.

But I would buy a Z30 running android!

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    It's called a Nexus 4. Actually has the quad core version of the Z30's SoC .

Posted via Z30
    08-03-15 08:27 AM
    Would you buy a Passport with Android installed?
    What do you think?
    Nope. Like Android? Get an Android.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    08-03-15 08:30 AM
    Nope. The only possibility is if it uses a dual boot scenario kind of like the Balance option. I also want the two OS's completely separate so the android viruses stay out of my personal data on the BB10 side.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:04 AM
    I think many would since the competition could never get it right, well except Nokia. Nokia was the KING'S of physical keyboard innovations, and I don't say that lightly and I think they have more parents in this regard than BlackBerry.

Anyone foolish enough to quickly out of spite challenge that take a VERY long and GOOD look at the innovative designs of physical keyboards from the first communicator through S40 to S60 (feature/smartphones OS respectively). From standard feature phone numeric, to the 3650/3670 with rotary dial layout, to the lipstick rotary non labelled dial phone, ad split phone either qwerty being split other side of the screen, taco-phone style the Ngage, N97, etc. Yes they even tried SureType (I never could find licensing,ut BlackBerry was a customer then with intellisync used in desktop manager, so a silent agreement)? Then the E71 debuted and heavily challenged BlackBerry in UK and internationally when they had the aging 8300/8800 series, and then replied back a year later with the OG Bold 9000.

I don't have the proof other than the models that actually did sell and market in history but would be VERY nice to know which has more of these patents.

That said Dell, Samsung, and many others failed with a full qwerty, even HTC finally have up.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:25 AM
    I never owned a Blackberry and I'm not interested in its ecosystem, since I don't use my phone for work or serious stuff. But I really love that huge squared screen and that QWERTY keyboard, so, yes, I'd totally buy an Android Blackberry if it hasn't Blackberry prices lol
    08-10-15 04:57 AM
    YES I would

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 02:04 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 02:53 PM
300 12345 ...