11 47.83%
  • No

9 39.13%
  • Maybe

3 13.04%
02-17-18 04:57 PM
300 1234 ...
tools
    You know it would be cool if CrackBerry would allow people to do a poll as part of their threads...
    and now it has a poll, you just can't view it on an app...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-15-15 03:09 PM
    Yes.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    07-15-15 03:14 PM
    and now it has a poll, you just can't view it on an app...
    Very cool....

Except the world isn't just Black or White... there is always that "what if" factor. Like if the BlackBerry Experience does what I want....maybe. So YES/NO/MAYBE would be a better option on most any poll

Anyway thanks for adding the poll.
    07-15-15 03:15 PM
    Very cool....

Except the world isn't just Black or White... there is always that "what if" factor. Like if the BlackBerry Experience does what I want....maybe. So YES/NO/MAYBE would be a better option on most any poll

Anyway thanks for adding the poll.
    Apologies, added
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-15-15 03:21 PM
    I would, but it would need to be heavily skinned with BB10. The only reason I'm interested in android is for android wear

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:51 PM
    Nope, but I wouldn't buy one with BB10 installed either. Waiting for an all touch upgrade or the Android phone announcement to let me know that I need to look elsewhere.

Posted via Z30
    07-17-15 08:48 PM
    With HUB and same typing experience - yes.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    07-17-15 09:30 PM
    Absolutely NOT.
    I don't want to go to an Android OS and then find out that lots of apps don't work on the square screen or are disabled by the developer etc.
    This is often overlooked in the discussion of Android on BB. I would be willing to bet a lot of devs would block square devices from downloading the apps. BB going Android does not mean Android PKB devices, unless it's a slider or some fugly, impractical form factor.
    07-19-15 09:21 AM
    I had BlackBerry phones for many years, and then switched to iPhone, and when I tried android (LG G3, last year) I hated it.
    BlackBerry is BlackBerry. Androids are GameBoy Color(s).

Sent from my work computer waiting for my Q10 from eBay, with my iPhone 5s on my pocket
    07-20-15 10:44 AM
    I had BlackBerry phones for many years, and then switched to iPhone, and when I tried android (LG G3, last year) I hated it.
    BlackBerry is BlackBerry. Androids are GameBoy Color(s).

Sent from my work computer waiting for my Q10 from eBay, with my iPhone 5s on my pocket
    The problem is many BBOS users don't like the new BlackBerry either.... So was BB10 really BlackBerry?
    neoberry99 and Witmen like this.
    07-21-15 10:51 AM
    I have no interest in having android os running in a blackberry device but I am sure it can work for many other people.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    07-21-15 11:00 AM
    The problem is many BBOS users don't like the new BlackBerry either.... So was BB10 really BlackBerry?
    I had BB 8700 9630 9700 9900 9800 9810 z10 q10... yes, I think bb10 is really blackberry...
    07-21-15 11:44 AM
    I had BB 8700 9630 9700 9900 9800 9810 z10 q10... yes, I think bb10 is really blackberry...
    But what about the other 80 million BBOS users that BlackBerry had four years ago... where are they today?
    07-21-15 11:48 AM
    But what about the other 80 million BBOS users that BlackBerry had four years ago... where are they today?
    With Apple?
    They didn't change because BB10...
    All of my friend changed to Apple and Samsung because BlackBerry didn't had any apps.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-21-15 11:50 AM
    Have you seen this video the video of a Passport "Running" android ? (Can't post link now)

Seem to be a fake, but it make still it made me a strange feeling.
    The only reason an android passport may interest me is to get snapchat... wich is not big deal actually ! I hope they won't switch to android, or at least give to the user the choice of the OS. Note that it migth be the first time a mobile device would offer that kind of choice.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    07-22-15 12:00 PM
    Have you seen this video the video of a Passport "Running" android ? (Can't post link now)

Seem to be a fake, but it make still it made me a strange feeling.
    The only reason an android passport may interest me is to get snapchat... wich is not big deal actually ! I hope they won't switch to android, or at least give to the user the choice of the OS. Note that it migth be the first time a mobile device would offer that kind of choice.
    If you can't post it, can you tell us where can we find the vid? Thx

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:10 PM
    With Apple?
    They didn't change because BB10...
    All of my friend changed to Apple and Samsung because BlackBerry didn't had any apps.
    Most likely you are correct.

There have just been many here that taught once BlackBerry had the ToolBelt or Keyboard shortcuts or other old BBOS features returned so would the customers.

But the point is, BB10 isn't what BBOS users are familiar with. In fact it had fewer apps than BBOS even had back when it launched. It was just too different for those loyal customers to recognize it as a BlackBerry... mainly due to the lack of BIS.
    07-22-15 02:17 PM
    You can find it on youtube. It's called "Blackberry Passport running Android 5.1?" by "Blackberry Review"
    07-22-15 03:10 PM
    No. But BB10 having such a small share of the market I suspect BBRY would get as much support for Android as they already have for BB10. If they lost 100% of the BB10 users they would be no worse off. If they are releasing an Android phone, I suspect then that they have already concluded it is a bigger opportunity for them and they won't concern themselves with what us BB10 fans believe.
    07-22-15 03:56 PM
    That's true. But in case of switch to android, I'm note sure they will leave all the BB10 stuff beyond. To me, they have interest to differentiate them from the crowd of androids. They may keep some key interface features, as the hub (in the way of samsunf with their touchwiz interface).

Edit : Moreover, the only reason to switch, from an objective point of view, would be app. Witch isn't a reason nowadays, as the android app support is going to be better and better. The only reason to switch, from a subjective point of view, is the mainstream image of android device. But is Blackberry mainstream anymore ? This have a huge probability of failure.
    07-22-15 04:29 PM
    I would definitely consider it. If they incorporated, security, hub, keyboard function, I would in a second. I need some of the apps. And yes I have snap: however some of them don't work 100%. And that can get very frustrating at times. The hub and security come first in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 04:47 PM
    I would definitely consider it. If they incorporated, security, hub, keyboard function, I would in a second. I need some of the apps. And yes I have snap: however some of them don't work 100%. And that can get very frustrating at times. The hub and security come first in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    HUB is a really big thing for many of us. Along with how the OS has a file manager and it is so easy to "share" files with other - but many users here have pointed out that Android has a file system and there are apps that are "similar" to the HUB.

But security... for me as a non BES users, there is really very little in the way of security built into BB10. My emails, texts, browsing are no more secure than on another platform. I can still download a Android App that might have malicious plans for my data....

The only thing I really know of that is more secure is that if I set a password on my device... the police can't hack into it (as far as I know). But too be honest, if they asked me to open my BlackBerry or go to jail.... I think I'd unlock it pretty quickly.
    07-23-15 07:19 AM
    An emphatic Yes!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:43 AM
    I've watched the video..I am no expert but it seems to be just a launcher..You can download one and install it onto your BB10 device even now...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 02:12 PM
    Nope. But I have a feeling BlackBerry is moving at least partially to Android so we may see one.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    07-26-15 09:11 PM
300 1234 ...