11-27-09 11:01 AM
80 1234
    I really like my Storm 9530, but there are times that a physics Portrait keyboard would be nice. I've used a few WinMo Landscape Phones, but one of my favorite phones (pre-storm) was my Moto Q. I loved the portrait keyboard. If I could have a phone that gave me a Storm Sized Screen, AND a portrait Physical keyboard that would slide out of the way...I think I would be in heaven.
    10-31-09 07:23 PM
    really, by the time that BB comes out with that I will have moved onto the droid in some shape or fashion. I no longer have the brand loyalty that I used to have and I do not need it. I think the droid will do what I need it to do easier than the BB.

I would be interested to hear if you do go droid what you think of it. I'm very curious about it, but I'm not sure about the landscape physical keyboard.
    10-31-09 07:25 PM
    it'd be a great phone. i went from a touch screen phone to the tour. the tour was nice but the screen was just to small. got the touch pro2 which was great and now i'm on an iphone. if there was a touch screen/keyboard blackberry though i'd love to see how it was.
    11-01-09 10:25 AM
    I personally love the design of the Palm Pixi. I have had my share of experience and problems with slider phones and to put it simply, they are horrible. No moving parts please. Think Palm Pixi vs Palm Pre, I would rather go for the Palm Pixi. Make a BlackBerry like the Pixi, I'll buy one for sure!

I feel my Curve 8900 is perfect as is, but some tasks would definitely be more efficient to use with a touch interface. The trackball/trackpad could be completely eliminated too making for a more slim and lean design.
    11-01-09 10:56 AM
    storm sized screen and a physical keyboard would be perfect. rim needs to stop making these tiny screen phones like the tour, curve, etc.
    11-02-09 08:21 AM
    It sounds like it would be a good phone but i would have to see how it looks first
    11-02-09 10:12 AM
    I love this idea. Either a pull out keyboard or that Dakota thing....
    11-02-09 03:47 PM
    the perfect phone is the storm2 with a keyboard that slides out in landscape mode.
    i would love a bigger screen, but like others, can't stand the on screen keyboard. i need physical keys to tap.
    11-03-09 03:55 PM
    Would need to be a slider IMHO, otherwise it would be just weird.
    11-03-09 04:40 PM
    I went from the Treo (had it for 2 years) to the Instinct (texting was torture!) to the Curve. I'm addicted to my curve but i miss the treo feel of the phone (but certainly NOT the bulkiness!). I hate any sort of slide out keyboard (palm pre = fail) but I'd love if blackberry just adopted the treo method and applied it to say.. the tour? :-D now THAT would be the perfect BB in my opinion.
    I loved the combo of the touch screen and physical keyboard on my Treo 750. A Blackberry which combines the two would be the perfect device for me.
    11-06-09 10:07 AM
    um yeah it's called the dakota/magnum.
    11-09-09 07:28 PM
    Yeah that'd be nice. I was initially expecting the 9700 to have both a touch screen and physical keyboard.
    11-09-09 09:53 PM
    YES!!!! I love touch screen but need a "real" keyboard because it's so much easier to type.
    11-11-09 01:51 AM
    Yes, I would love that as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 07:06 AM
    I would love that, but I would rather it resemble the storm with a slide out keyboard.

If it was to look like the "magnum" then I'll pass.

11-12-09 12:50 AM
    I wouldn't mind having a Bold-sized phone w/ a physical keyboard & a touchscreen. As long as it doesn't have a stylus (I hate those things).

I don't like slide out keyboards either. But if RIM makes that Dakota/Magnum that's being rumored, I'm all over it.

11-12-09 03:50 AM
    I recently played with a Motorola Droid for a little and I can't believe how much better the keyboard is on my Bold. I was really dissapointed. I expected that large slide out keyboard to be a wonderful step in the right direction but it's so flat. The keys aren't raised up at all so it slides under the screen better. However using that 800x480 pixel screen is incredible. I didn't realize how Blackberry really corners the market with keyboard perfection. I hope they get it right with a slider if they make one. It better be the same quality and feel of the Bold's keyboard but just a little bigger. To wide (like the droid's) and it makes it difficult also.
    Whatever the case I'm really excited about using a Blackberry with a super hi-res screen and a nice physical keyboard if they ever make one.
    11-16-09 09:13 AM
    A curve with a touchscreen would be more of a PITA than it was worth IMHO. However, a storm with a slide-out keyboard? Now that I would pay for.
    11-16-09 01:48 PM
    Treo 650-esque would be absolutely awesome. I'd snag one up in a heartbeat if RIM made one. Magnum???!
    11-20-09 11:46 AM
    Touch screen and pull out keypad would be fantastic! I was excited to see that the Samsung glide was like that (except it sucked..i played with it @ the verizon store when it first came out and the touch screen wasn't as responsive as my LG voyager)

But, that combo as a blackberry would be great!!!
    11-20-09 01:02 PM
    Add me to the list that would love a touch screen / slider combo. I think the best form factor that represents this today is the HTC Touch Pro 2. The keyboard is hands down the best and shows the Droids keyboard to be what it is (a poor one). Now if only RIM would take the hints
    11-20-09 03:26 PM
    I would rather see a slide out like the droid and such instead of the bold with the touch screen. Coming from having the treo 755w for some time I just didn't like the touch screen on it. Seemed pointless.
    11-20-09 05:27 PM
    BB slider to kill the driod and the rest of those HTC pieces of craps!!!
    11-21-09 09:52 PM
    I love my 9700 but If it had a touch screen as well I would love it so much more. I don't like the idea of a sliding keyboard. Honestly, all they need is to add the touchscreen feature to their existing models and they'd be that much better. I want to be able to type on a physical qwerty but also able to click on sms rather than scroll over to it.
    11-23-09 12:06 AM
    a touch screen with a real keyboard would be great...i love the 9550 but that would top all
    11-24-09 07:18 PM
80 1234