11-27-09 11:01 AM
80 1234
tools
    I like the physical feel of real keys. It's about ergonomics.

Actually its worlds closer to dealing with haptics, not ergonomics. But proceed...!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 03:16 AM
    on a more serious note, however. My ideal berry is basically a storm 2 with an optical trackpad and a horizontal. Slide out keyboard. Kind of a "department of redundancy department" issue for some but I would love the versatility.

10-02-09 03:21 AM
    I'm with BB because I need a business first device. Touchscreen is like bubblegum, all the kidz love bubblegum.

10-02-09 08:05 AM
    I love the idea of a hybrid Berry. Touchscreen for app access, physical keyboard for everything else. Touchscreen=better screen, but having the luxury of a physical full QWERTY keyboard makes this one sweet device for business & pleasure.

10-03-09 03:22 PM
    would love a blackberry like this, love touch phones hate the fact of the touch keyboard though
    10-03-09 06:54 PM
    I personally wouldnt like a touchscreen with a physcial keyboard. Im one of the "one or the other" type people, also with the trackpad/ball and a touchscreen. I could never type on a regular touch screen phone. Sliders just have another moving part to break, and I think a keyboard on the front looks kinda tacky on some of the devices that have them.

For me, the virtual suretype keys are large enough, and the Storm is the only touchscreen Ive gotten comfortable to type on. My only beef is the fact youre limited to how fast you can push down because of the screen needing to bump back out, but the Storm 2 is gonna fix that. And I think it would be kind of odd to have such a small screen for touch if it was made to the exact size of some of the berry models.

I love the Tour's physical keyboard, and trackball. I love the Storm's touch screen and virtual keyboard. Together, not so much.
    10-03-09 07:59 PM
    I personally wouldnt like a touchscreen with a physcial keyboard. Im one of the "one or the other" type people, also with the trackpad/ball and a touchscreen. I could never type on a regular touch screen phone. Sliders just have another moving part to break, and I think a keyboard on the front looks kinda tacky on some of the devices that have them.

For me, the virtual suretype keys are large enough, and the Storm is the only touchscreen Ive gotten comfortable to type on. My only beef is the fact youre limited to how fast you can push down because of the screen needing to bump back out, but the Storm 2 is gonna fix that. And I think it would be kind of odd to have such a small screen for touch if it was made to the exact size of some of the berry models.

I love the Tour's physical keyboard, and trackball. I love the Storm's touch screen and virtual keyboard. Together, not so much.
    I thought my old Treo's combination of Touchscreen and physical KB was unbeatable. Too bad the Garnet OS was never updated and Palm produced a Pre with its badly implemented hardware. BB should give it a shot...
    10-05-09 08:23 PM
    Not really i got sick of touch screen from my palm>>but it wouldnt hurt rite?
    10-05-09 08:27 PM
    My dream is to see a Blackberry like a curve that has both a touchscreen and a physical keyboard. I just can't get used to the touch screen on the Storm for typing but I love it for navigation. Wouldn't it be nice to have a combo like that?

.yep this is my DREAM bb! I've been saying this since i got my 1st bb back in march
    10-07-09 10:00 AM
    soon people hopefully by nxt year sincen United Kingdom Verizon buddies Vodofone about to come out with storm 3 with a slide out keyboard..... we should have that model come here in USA by late 2010 or early 2011
    10-07-09 10:07 AM
    I thought my old Treo's combination of Touchscreen and physical KB was unbeatable. Too bad the Garnet OS was never updated and Palm produced a Pre with its badly implemented hardware. BB should give it a shot...

As an old Treo user and current Centro user (about to switch to a BB), I'd love to see it. But I hear that BB's touch screen is to be sure push rather than like a Treo, or even an Iphone. If that's the case, I think I'll take my chances with a 9700 and get used to not having a touchscreen.
    10-07-09 10:21 AM
    The rumors of such a device are what will keep me from dumping my 9000 for a 9700. I will wait patiently next year for a Bold-sized device with a track pad and touchscreen. Then, I can die a happy man.
    10-07-09 11:34 AM
    After going from a Storm to the Tour a hybrid of both would be awesome. I actually really like the keyboard on the Tour. Add the trackpad and an updated UI for the touchscreen portion and you have one amazing BB.

I will probably hold on to the Tour until a hybrid model is released, hopefully it will have many other pluses!
    10-09-09 10:15 AM
    I guess it's just that I'm used to the surepress. Just takes a lot of getting used to.

If you have big fingers and type in portrait on the Storm, you will find yourself making a lot of mistakes. I went from the Storm to a Tour and I can type 200+ words with one typo. The way the Tour keyboard is designed, makes it much easier to type. The virtual keyboard on the Storm cannot match the dimensions and advantages of a pyhsical keyboard.
    10-09-09 10:22 AM
    I just switched from a Treo 800W to a Tour,and the lack of touch-screen was a big issue.

I would love to see a hybrid model with both.
    10-13-09 04:42 PM
    I'm going to sound like an arse but a touchscreen not too different from the iphones would be bearable with the possible addition of the clip on physical keyboard which I've seen
    10-17-09 10:09 PM
    I went from the Treo (had it for 2 years) to the Instinct (texting was torture!) to the Curve. I'm addicted to my curve but i miss the treo feel of the phone (but certainly NOT the bulkiness!). I hate any sort of slide out keyboard (palm pre = fail) but I'd love if blackberry just adopted the treo method and applied it to say.. the tour? :-D now THAT would be the perfect BB in my opinion.
    10-21-09 01:24 AM
    As long as it's implemented properly I would love it. I've also had a Treo in the past and that combination is one of the main things I liked about it. I am not usually a fan of slide out keyboards, but I think I could live with it if it meant having a larger screen.
    10-21-09 06:38 AM
    I like being content with having the choice of either touch or keypad and in my case the keypad won. Simply put, its simpler and straight to the point. Having both solves what?

Last edited by not_addicted77; 10-22-09 at 09:33 AM.
    10-22-09 09:31 AM
    i heard the dakota is comming out with that, could be done, the palm pre is just liek that.
    10-22-09 11:53 AM
    really, by the time that BB comes out with that I will have moved onto the droid in some shape or fashion. I no longer have the brand loyalty that I used to have and I do not need it. I think the droid will do what I need it to do easier than the BB.

D
    10-23-09 07:38 AM
    I think it would be awesome to have a touchscreen like the first storm how it clicks with the regular bb keypad.

10-28-09 01:02 PM
    IMO in my perfect dream of a phone this is how it should be.

The screen neds to be the size of the iphone.
    Then imagine how the Sidekick and screen Flips out and reveals the keyboard. Now If you have the keyboard behind the screen and have it kick below the screen to reveal the keyboard like an upside down T.

Example for visual learners. The phone is like this (I) when closed. Then when you open it its like this (T) but upside down. The long part being the screen and the cross at the top being the kyboard.

Next, No Surepress leave that on the STORM because you either love it or hate it and as of right now it still is not 100% functional.
    Then it has a trackpad, bold keyboard, 5mp camera with flash, Removeble battery, OS 5.0, onboard memory like the Bold plus 256 of whatever else. And charging port on the left unlike the 8900.

You have a winner. People would look at my post and be like wtf, but I think it can be done.

10-29-09 03:43 PM
    i love my iphone and i can type on it perfectly and i love every other part of the touch screen experience but i just cant stand the typing! i would love to switch back to a blackberry like the mr t with touch screen and slide out keyboard that would be the ultimate!
    10-29-09 09:39 PM
    Storm with a slideout keyboard? Maybe?

10-31-09 11:34 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD