11-27-09 12:01 PM
80 123 ...
tools
    My dream is to see a Blackberry like a curve that has both a touchscreen and a physical keyboard. I just can't get used to the touch screen on the Storm for typing but I love it for navigation. Wouldn't it be nice to have a combo like that?
    09-30-09 11:51 PM
    The Storm 2 will have a much improved SurePress, but otherwise there is the rumoured "Mr. T" in the works, a touchscreen BB with a pull-out keyboard.
    10-01-09 12:05 AM
    The Storm 2 will have a much improved SurePress, but otherwise there is the rumoured "Mr. T" in the works, a touchscreen BB with a pull-out keyboard.
    It's not the way Surepress works that bothers me. I just like the tactile feel of the keys on my fingers vs. a flat surface. I'm not sure I'd like a pull-out keyboard. I'd like to see something compact and integrated without having to deploy another feature. Do you know what I mean?
    10-01-09 12:11 AM
    Nope. The thought of a touch screen anything makes me apoplectic.
    Give me a keyboard and skip the touch screen altogether.
    10-01-09 12:12 AM
    There's like 4 or 5 threads in the "Other Rumored Devices" forum about this.
    I'm REALLY looking forward to this as well.
    10-01-09 12:14 AM
    That would be awesome if they came out with something like palm. The storm 2 might be worth a look if theres no problems.
    10-01-09 12:22 AM
    I want one if it has both touch and keyboard sounds like a good combination.
    10-01-09 12:26 AM
    I'm sure a few people that had the storm and went to the tour have pressed on their screens a few times. When I played with my friends tour I did more than once. And. On a curve too. Sorta a plam pre idea ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 12:28 AM
    I'm sure a few people that had the storm and went to the tour have pressed on their screens a few times. When I played with my friends tour I did more than once. And. On a curve too. Sorta a plam pre idea ?

I have to confess, I id that when I switched from the Storm to the Curve.
    10-01-09 12:30 AM
    What's the point of a physical keyboard if you can just implement it on the touch screen......

10-01-09 12:31 AM
    What's the point of a physical keyboard if you can just implement it on the touch screen......

I like the physical feel of real keys. It's about ergonomics.
    10-01-09 12:35 AM
    I like the physical feel of real keys. It's about ergonomics.
    I guess it's just that I'm used to the surepress. Just takes a lot of getting used to.

10-01-09 12:36 AM
    I guess it's just that I'm used to the surepress. Just takes a lot of getting used to.

Leecott-
    I thought I would. I tried it for 6 months but just couldn't get used to it. When I switched to the Curve, I liked it a lot more. To each there own.
    10-01-09 12:46 AM
    I agree totally. TB or TP's are great for navigation, and I couldn't live without the feel of the keys. Besides, I type very quickly, and often time without looking at the BlackBerry, and find the keys help me find my mistakes, ei pressing wrong keys or more than one.
    10-01-09 06:13 AM
    I thought the 9700 was going to be like this?
    10-01-09 11:00 AM
    You guys are in the right section. Search Magnum or Dakota.
    10-01-09 11:32 AM
    I thought the 9700 was going to be like this?
    No, the 9700 is a Bold. WiFi, GPS, better camera and screen, faster and better battery, packaged similar to an 8900 or Tour.

The "Mr.T" (that seriously IS the codename for it) is only in early development stages, and that usually means at least a year before release. We MIGHT see it for next Christmas.
    10-01-09 12:57 PM
    this is what i was talking about, before -- keeping it's current form with the QWERTY keys, but also allowing for a touch-screen. mmm...
    10-01-09 01:30 PM
    If anything it sounds like it would be fun to play with. I'd give it a try.
    10-01-09 04:29 PM
    This would be great, I've always wanted it ....
    10-01-09 05:05 PM
    I want a blackberry with a keyboard, touch screen, mohawk, shoes, and a usb to blender converter on it. Also I want it to be programmed to allow you to play brick beaker when its bricked for irony purposes. And I want it to glow in the dark.

10-01-09 09:25 PM
    I'd like to see something compact and integrated without having to deploy another feature. Do you know what I mean?
    This is codenamed the dakota, it looks like a nice phone
    10-01-09 09:30 PM
    Ditto. Agreed even
    10-01-09 09:38 PM
    I want a blackberry with a keyboard, touch screen, mohawk, shoes, and a usb to blender converter on it. Also I want it to be programmed to allow you to play brick beaker when its bricked for irony purposes. And I want it to glow in the dark.

Dont forget the coffee maker
    10-01-09 09:39 PM
    Palm Pixi, FTW!

I'm only half kidding, as the concept of that phone seems just a wifi chip shy of greatness.

I have a Palm Centro currently. I bought a Curve, but my wife stole it.

Anyway, the Centro has a keyboard (teeny tiny, tho) and a touchscreen. It's a brilliant combo, and makes for really fast navigating around the app screens and the web-- keyboard for typing quickly, then a quick thumb gesture to hit send/select a link/etc. I use the hardware buttons to pull up the screens/app menus that I want, then tap my destination on the screen.

I can't tell you how many times I've played with my *wife's* curve, and tried to "touch" something on the screen. It's very frustrating, when it doesn't just work.

The slideout keyboard seems less appealing, but I may just have to check out the Motorola Tao w/the Android OS.
    10-02-09 02:31 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD