Anyone else? I have the 9900 and love everything about it, also have a 9860 that I use once in awhile but it absolutely pains me to type on it. I also think they went cheap on materials and it doesn't scream top end blackberry to me, reminds me of a cheaper Android device(no disrespect to Android). Wish it was the beautiful 9900 form factor and materials without the keyboard. Remove keyboard, slide the opt track and phone menu and back keys to the bottom and call it a day. That would be one beautiful phone and wide enough that you can type on it. Everything is there as far as parts go. It would probably be my ultimate concept phone. I love the keyboard on the 9900 but would love the extra screen space to and this phone may entice some to stay with BB instead of Android and iOS. Anyone want to see this happen? That phone would be on par with the iphone and the top Androids, the 9860 doesn't even come close.

I am a huge BB fan and have had almost every model but I wish Blackberry had only 5 phones so they could make them all with quality. 1) 99XX 2) 99XX all touchscreen 3) 97XX w/touchscreen 4) 97XX all touch 5) 98XX. Make the design flow together similar to the 99XX.

I also know QNX is coming soon so that changes everything again. Just my thoughts and my wish list.
    AfroZepher likes this.
    01-23-12 03:00 PM
    Not for me! The 99XX is the best form factor out there. QNX phones will need to be very cool for me to even think about getting rid of my 9930..
    01-23-12 03:15 PM
    i prefer keyboard. so i think the 9900 is already close to perfection. it would take a very solid BB10 phone with physical keyboard to make me consider replacing my 9900.

anyway, for easier visualisation of OP's concept, please view attachment.
    01-23-12 03:55 PM
    i prefer keyboard. so i think the 9900 is already close to perfection. it would take a very solid BB10 phone with physical keyboard to make me consider replacing my 9900.

Yes, yes, yes!!! Sign me up!!! I think this would have kept a lot of people from jumping ship, even though I do love the keyboard too on my 9900.
    01-23-12 06:10 PM
  5. And
    Yes, yes, yes!!! Sign me up!!! I think this would have kept a lot of people from jumping ship, even though I do love the keyboard too on my 9900.
    Nope, it wouldn't...the ones who are staying with BB are mostly staying because of the physical keyboard.
    01-24-12 01:41 PM
    Nope, it wouldn't...the ones who are staying with BB are mostly staying because of the physical keyboard.
    Anyone heard any more on the "Nevada" Bold (as mentioned in Crackberry's Blog)
    01-24-12 04:04 PM
    I'm not talking about the ones who are staying, I'm talking about the ones who already left and are thinking of leaving to another OS.
    01-24-12 05:43 PM
    won't this just be the updated storm...er 9380? I'm sure a bold version of 9380 will pop out sometimes.
    Last edited by PigeonTom; 01-25-12 at 07:50 AM.
    01-25-12 07:44 AM

yea i think I would rather keep the 9900 with a keyboard. the only things i would change on the 9900 would be a much better battery and a better camera.
    01-31-12 01:00 AM
    I would like an all touch Blackberry 10 phone in the same form factor as the 9900. It is broad enough to fit a really good virtual keyboard on it and I'm sure a 4" screen would fit while still being pocketable. The beveled edges on the back would have to be toned down a smidge in order to fit in a bigger battery and I'd have the media and camera keys sunken as the mute button on the top to maintain the sleek look.

As it is Blackberry 10 there will be no need for the buttons and the trackpad. I would have a similar device with a physical keyboard as well to maintain uniformity across the handset line. The next gen PlayBook should have the stainless banding around the edge as well.
    AfroZepher likes this.
    01-31-12 03:31 AM
    What do you all think of my posted idea in this thread? (Toward the bottom of the page.)

http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...66/index4.html
    02-01-12 10:34 PM
    I agree with you love the 9900 form and size. I think they could one up this and make the top and bottom of the face the glass like the playbook and make it active for QNX..
    Great idea, if they could do that, update the app world. BB would be a player in the market.
    AfroZepher likes this.
    02-08-12 07:51 PM
    nice concept idea .
    Personally i don't care how wide the phone is its how thick it is. I was in a Bell store on my last trip down south and i was holding a 9860 and when my brother came up fro Christmas i was looking at his 9900 and they are skinny. i felt like i was going to snap them in half if i typed to hard on it.
    i like my phones like i like my women, with something to hold on too ...didn't mean to offend if i did I'm sorry
    02-11-12 08:33 AM
    That doesn't sound too bad... 9910 maybe?
    02-13-12 12:29 PM
    05-14-12 07:10 PM
    I think the aspect ratio on the posted device would be messed up

but I did very much like the feel of my 9900 in hand when using it,
    I prefer the shape of the 9790 though
    05-15-12 06:46 PM
    I said it in another thread but. . .the 9900 is hands down the most attractive Blackberry there is! That premium look and feel with its brushed stainless steel accents. . .any other look will simply look too much like any other touchscreen phone. . . Some sort of mix between the Dev alpha and the immaculate 9900 design would be perfect for me. The 9900 width might indeed screw up the aspect ratio but that can be easily fixed.
    05-15-12 08:51 PM
    nice concept idea .
    Personally i don't care how wide the phone is its how thick it is. I was in a Bell store on my last trip down south and i was holding a 9860 and when my brother came up fro Christmas i was looking at his 9900 and they are skinny. i felt like i was going to snap them in half if i typed to hard on it.
    i like my phones like i like my women, with something to hold on too ...didn't mean to offend if i did I'm sorry

Thin does not equal weak. Think phones are simply more practical, as are wider phones for most.

Thinness is ideal for being sleek, as in, fitting in your pocket...and you forget about it. Or it doesn't crinkle your pants and bulge out. Wideness is ideal for typing, the Torch/Curve keyboard is why many go to IOS, because they dislike the small keys, I dislike them too.

BB will need to appeal to the fatter fingered bigger bodied Americans to win this market.
    05-19-12 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD