My wife just got an HTC Android phone with a 4.3" touch screen and built in WiFi hotspot. It's her first smartphone and she loves it. I got to play around with it a little and it's pretty cool.

So I am wondering if we'll ever see a BlackBerry with a large, 4" over larger screen and a WiFi hotspot?
    06-06-11 09:14 AM
    Maybe in the year 2525.
    06-06-11 09:58 AM
    I think it's definitely something to come. With blackberry reportedly getting their products more involved in the touch screen department (The soon-to-be Curve Touch and the Bold 9900-9930) I think it'll be introduced in the next 10 years xP I think it will have to be a touch screen though, because 4.3" plus the big keyboard is a bit much, don't you think? :P
    Last edited by X_iPod-BB; 06-07-11 at 10:03 AM.
    06-07-11 09:58 AM
    I really hope NOT

I do not want RIM to embrace the over sized touchscreen phone,
    They should stick to the shape they do well and stick to 3.2-3.7" all touch screen devices, for phones
    and 7" to 12" all touch screen devices for tablets.

as for Wireless hot spot, that is a feature I can see being usable for many without compromising the blackberry look and feel
    06-07-11 01:17 PM
    My wife just got an HTC Android phone with a 4.3" touch screen and built in WiFi hotspot. It's her first smartphone and she loves it. I got to play around with it a little and it's pretty cool.

So I am wondering if we'll ever see a BlackBerry with a large, 4" over larger screen and a WiFi hotspot?
    Would you also like to see a front facing camera?....just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 12:02 AM
    Been 24 hours. is your wife's enthusiasm with her HTC a bit more muted now?
    06-08-11 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD