When QNX comes out will it be running on totally new designed phones or are they going to try and keep going with the old ones, or maybe a mixture? I love my 9700. i would love them to keep the keyboard that it has, or the 9000/9900 keyboard im yet to use but have heard great things about. we wont know until a phone running QNX is leaked but what does everyone think? or what would you want/think RIM should do?
    05-30-11 11:41 PM
    RIM LOVES the shape of their candybar phones.and their keyboard is second to none in the portrait Qwerty market.

So I suspect you will see a OS5, OS6, OS7, OSQNX device side by side and know ALL of them are closely related and from the same manufacturer.
    05-31-11 11:25 AM
    Personally, I expect the first qnx phones to be touchscreen-only models as that would be the simplest transition from the current tablet os especially since 4.3" screens will be 720p by that point.

Qwerty models will probably follow on after that as they further improve battery life and optimisations for smaller screens.
    05-31-11 12:54 PM
    I can agree with seeing RIM launch a 3.7" touchscreen as the first QNX phone, I really can't see them making a 4.3" phone, they just don't fit in the hand, and that is something RIM prides itself on,

I would expect a qwerty candybar to quickly follow since that IS their bread and butter, and that still remains the #1 business form factor, and probably will for the forseeable future just due to users not adjusting to change

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD